E.L.F. Foundation brush

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/26/2012 9:52:00 AM

I love this brush. It's never been streaky for me when applying liquid or cream foundations. I actually really like it for using powder foundations and concealers around my eyes as well. It's the perfect size, and it's soft yet firm. Not to mention it was $1. What more can you ask for? My HG foundation brush!

on 4/25/2012 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Got this free with an ELF order and decided to give it a go even though I usually have good results applying my foundation with my fingers. I actually quite liked the style of the brush with the orange / yellow coloured bristles and the white handle - makes it easy to find in my stack of brushes (good for when you're doing your makeup in the morning and still only half awake). Although the packaging does make it look very cheap. Anyway I gave it such a low review because it streaked terribly and it used up a lot of product. Just glad I didn't pay for it and got it for free!

on 4/24/2012 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought 3 of these thinking it was like my Clinique foundation brush. Boy was i wrong. This brush doesnt do well for my liquid foundation however i do like using this brush for primers so i guess its not a total loss

on 4/21/2012 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I think it all depends on how you work with this brush. It's true that this does leave streaks but it can be blended out. I use an Almay foundation which gives a translucent look on my first light layer of product, but then I pat in my second layer which gives me a natural look with good coverage. It's all about the blending!, that's how you get the best look for your foundation. This is also the first time I've used a foundation brush so I can't compare with other brushes, but I just work with what I have :). When/if this breaks, I'll probably either repurchase this or the flat-top brush since I'm quite curious about that one too.
EDIT: I've moved on to the flat-top brush, which I really like, but I'll still use this brush if I can't get around to cleaning my flat-top brush. :)

Kinda gives a plastic feel. This does not blend foundation well and leaves streaks.

on 4/17/2012 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I don't find its quality good enough to use for applying foundation with. Just so that I can get some use out of it, I do tend to use it for applying primer to my face from time to time.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend passing this brush up.

on 4/13/2012 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Something which is good to have but def not a must have. I use it for my cream highlighter or concealor sometimes. Seldom used it for foundation application as the brush is too small its good when you want it to get into the broken cap of your nose and stuff like that. I will rather pay a higher price for a better brush. Packaging wise the handle is a little unstable like it might break off anytime (exaggerated) heard many people pointing out this con too. Overall, i will recommend to starter or to use it as a concealor brush instead :) SGD$3

on 3/25/2012 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is CRAP, and the only reason that I said that I would buy this product again is because I use them for halloween costume makeup. They're cheap and inexpensive, and do wonders with the halloween cream makeups. I still have to blend out with a sponge afterwards, but either way, they're only good for that! Garbage. I'd rather buy a couple of gumballs with my $1.

on 3/14/2012 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

You get what you pay for! This brush is inexpensive, and the quality reflects the price, in my opinion. I bought this brush on vacation when I forgot my usual MAC brush at home. It got the job done, but it's stiff and leaves stray brush hairs all over my face (the most irritating part). I have sensitive skin, and the bristles on this brush are just too harsh for everyday use.

on 2/20/2012 10:20:00 PM

I bought this because it was only a dollar. Like my other ELF brush, this one fell of the handle. This is the first foundation brush I bought and I didn't really like it. It sheds and makes foundation look streaky. It does not blend well and it doesn't really feel soft. I only like getting soft brushes.