MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

Suddenly refreshed! And finally! Something that brings out the green in my eyes!!! Thanks to the lovely MUAer who gave me this rec, I have fallen in love!! NC15, light blond hair (color treated), hazel eyes with lots of yellow/gold specks....and for some reason I have always looked best without e/s, e/l, or mascara. Guess I am lucky that I can pull off the bare look so well. But how boring! ;O)~ Anywho, as others know all too well, color-treated blond can be tough with all the brassiness that shows up after a while. Lets just say the brassiness "enhances" the yellow/gold specks in my eyes...or is it the other way around? Eeekkk! On me, this e/s shows up as a lovely sea foam green with hints of pink. On it's own, it's enough to give me that awake and well rested look while flattering my eyes and skintone. Yah!!! I will repurchase!!!

on 12/31/2009 12:26:00 AM

This color has been lying in my drawer for years! I used to hate it, but I just found a new love for it (don't you love it when that happends!). I've been wearing it daily with mulch in the crease and its so pretty!
My fav 3 mac shadows would be: Naked Lunch, Vex, Mulch (crease), Mylar (highlight), Nylon (for a shimmer highlight). 1 lippe off for it not catching my attention from the beginning!!

on 12/30/2009 6:17:00 AM

This is such a unique eyeshadow. It is a light grey-silver colour with orange and golden reflects. Looks amazing as a blending colour for black grey and brown looks

on 12/29/2009 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love Vex as a highlight color, and after reading these reviews it seems I need to try it as an all-over lid color as well. Its great with plum colors and its just such a versatile color.

on 12/14/2009 9:03:00 PM

This shade is unique. The MAC website describes it as beige w/pink-green pearl (Frost). I'm not really sure where the beige part comes from as it doesn't look beige at all on me. I would say it's more of a pale silvery greenish-grey that very sublty flashes hints of pink, yellow, and green at certain angles. It's a great color because it's sublte but still manages to make a statement. I discovered that if I apply too much of this the grey and green tones are intensified and I look ill. So I brush on just a bit and it looks very pretty and glowy. I think it is one of those shadows that has to be paired with at least one more shadow, otherwise yet again I will look ill. I usually use Satin Taupe on the crease and outer v with Blacktrack fluidliner and it looks pretty. Less is more with this shadow, at least for me.

on 12/7/2009 11:54:00 AM

This may be the only eye shadow I have ever managed to use up and re-purchase. The color is very subtle but layers well, either with its own layering or putting something else over it. There's a slight sheen that enhances the eye if Vex is the only color you use. It definitely gives a polished look to the eye without being overdone.

on 12/7/2009 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

After puchasing online I had this eyeshadow for ages but never used it. I thought it was boring and that i had other colours that would be much nicer. However following the great reviews i read here i gave it a try. I just used it as an all over lid colour with soft brown blended in the crease... and i love it! I wear this to work nearly everyday as it isnt too in your face but still looks pretty and that youve made an effort. I plan to experiment more with this colour as i am now very pleasently surprised that a colour that lay untouched in my drawer for over a year is now my must have :)

on 12/2/2009 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

love this color! i saw a review of it on youtube and thought it sounded so interesting so i gave it a try and i love it!!!!! its basically like...i cant even describe kinda greyish greenish lavenderishhhh but just goodness all wrapped up into an eyeshadow. i like to wear it just all over the lid for a work day or smoke it out for night time LOOVE IT!

on 11/25/2009 12:03:00 AM

Take a chance on this shadow if you think it a little outrageous and wonder how you will use it ... it turns out to be a beautiful color on the lids and very versatile in its potential application uses. I have dozens of MAC shadows and this is the one I have hit pan on and repurchased! Very original and so worth trying.

on 11/24/2009 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

this eyeshadow seriously has a trio-chrome (it's a grey-greenish with pinkish, silver and goldish shimmer... all managing to be very subtle!)
I absolutely love this on the lid and then putting a cool dark blue in the crease.
it's such a fun, versatile and unique shadow. im so glad i get to play with it now :)

Top Rated MAC Products