April 17, 2014 | 951 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Julia2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shade is unique. The MAC website describes it as beige w/pink-green pearl (Frost). I'm not really sure where the beige part comes from as it doesn't look beige at all on me. I would say it's more of a pale silvery greenish-grey that very sublty flashes hints of pink, yellow, and green at certain angles. It's a great color because it's sublte but still manages to make a statement. I discovered that if I apply too much of this the grey and green tones are intensified and I look ill. So I brush on just a bit and it looks very pretty and glowy. I think it is one of those shadows that has to be paired with at least one more shadow, otherwise yet again I will look ill. I usually use Satin Taupe on the crease and outer v with Blacktrack fluidliner and it looks pretty. Less is more with this shadow, at least for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Bexxa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This may be the only eye shadow I have ever managed to use up and re-purchase. The color is very subtle but layers well, either with its own layering or putting something else over it. There's a slight sheen that enhances the eye if Vex is the only color you use. It definitely gives a polished look to the eye without being overdone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 7:53:00 AM More reviews by nuls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After puchasing online I had this eyeshadow for ages but never used it. I thought it was boring and that i had other colours that would be much nicer. However following the great reviews i read here i gave it a try. I just used it as an all over lid colour with soft brown blended in the crease... and i love it! I wear this to work nearly everyday as it isnt too in your face but still looks pretty and that youve made an effort. I plan to experiment more with this colour as i am now very pleasently surprised that a colour that lay untouched in my drawer for over a year is now my must have :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by anniecolmes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love this color! i saw a review of it on youtube and thought it sounded so interesting so i gave it a try and i love it!!!!! its basically like...i cant even describe kinda greyish greenish lavenderishhhh but just goodness all wrapped up into an eyeshadow. i like to wear it just all over the lid for a work day or smoke it out for night time LOOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

Take a chance on this shadow if you think it a little outrageous and wonder how you will use it ... it turns out to be a beautiful color on the lids and very versatile in its potential application uses. I have dozens of MAC shadows and this is the one I have hit pan on and repurchased! Very original and so worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this eyeshadow seriously has a trio-chrome (it's a grey-greenish with pinkish, silver and goldish shimmer... all managing to be very subtle!)
I absolutely love this on the lid and then putting a cool dark blue in the crease.
it's such a fun, versatile and unique shadow. im so glad i get to play with it now :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

First things first: I am addicted to MAC eye shadows. That said, I would never have bought this color in particular (despite all of the hype around it) if the MA at my MAC counter had not *really* encouraged me to try it. The color is not what I would consider even remotely pretty in the pan. It appears to be a very light, duo-chrome seafoam green, and I am not a fan of green shadows as a rule, much less most pastels. But I bought the shadow anyway, figuring that I could return it if needed.

(Now this is the part when I eat my words).

This morning I used Vex as a base up to my brow bone, applied some Tone:Grey (from the Tone:Grey quad) on top of my lid up to the crease, and then blended some teal Talent Pool (ahhhh..Starflash) into the crease. Finally, I traced a light line of Phone Number (dark gray) eye kohl under my lower lashes, smudging it a little bit. In my humble opinion, it looked wonderful. I can see Vex working as a base for many different shadows, mostly in the cooler tones. It's wonderfully blendable, and is chameleon-like in its coloring and reflective qualities. A true must-have for any eyeshadow fan (MAC addict or not).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

I'm already on my second eyeshadow. Vex is by far my favorite MAC color. Whenever I'm wearing this, even by itself, I get compliments. That is rare for eyeshadows... Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by miriamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice color. It is one of my first MAC shadows. It is very polyvalent and gives a nice "frosty" finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by soozface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love love loveee it! I saw my friend wearing it one night and kept having flashbacks of the image of her blinking eyelids.. we went shopping together the week after and I swatched it and fell in love, she told me it was the eyshadow she was wearing that Friday night and all the pieces fell into place.. I don't know what I'd do without it now!

One of my favourite ways to wear it is layered over matte grey, it really makes the duochrome pop.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No