Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

Sodium laureth sulfate

on 1/8/2010 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have been using this product for years in combination with the conditioner and have tried switching to other more expensive, natural, etc brands with no luck.

I have dry medium hair and the shampoo does moisturize if you use with the conditioner. It also preserves color. I found this out (color part) when I switched just recently...never again. I have since bought the gigantic sized bottle!

on 12/29/2009 1:48:00 PM

I really like this! I was looking for a shampoo for color treated hair that moisturizes but doesn't weigh it down and this is perfect. Other Redken shampoos all weigh my hair down (especially the All Soft line). I really like this one and will be trying the matching conditioner next.

on 12/18/2009 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I buy large bottle in salons - never drugstore, I000 ml. It is best shampoo I ever used. I never do blow-out, so this shampoo + same conditioner make my hair look gorgeous.

on 10/30/2009 1:09:00 AM

It is an ok product. It cleans your hair, doesn't strip the color, doesn't weigh it down. However, not very moisturizing, doesn't add much shine, and I noticed some build up. I actually like Redken products, but everything I have tried from the color extend line was a bust.

on 8/14/2009 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have only used this twice. So, I can't say about how good this is at preventing color from fading. I can say that my hair is really limp. I have super fine, thick, straight hair and it's just so limp right now. Also, I can normally go at least 2 days between washes before my hair looks like it needs to be washed, but less than15 hours later my bangs look oily.

Maybe this would be better for someone with curly or course hair.

I absoloutly love this shampoo. I discovered it once I started attending beauty school and have never gone back to anything else. My hair is colored fire-engine red and this product makes the color last sooo long! I always get compliments on how my color always looks fresh. When they added cranberry oil to the ingredients a few months ago, it worked even better! The matching conditioner is amazing as well-- it makes my hair very soft but not oily, which is amazing because my hair naturally tends to be oily in the first place. Another thing I like about this line is that since it's pretty concentrated, you only need a small amount, which means if you use the correct amount, it will last you quite a while.

on 6/2/2009 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I thought it was just me who was experiencing an extremely itchy scalp after using this for a few weeks, but I see other reviewers are feeling the same thing. This bottle was a rip off, too. I have very long (mid back), wavy brown hair with some highlights and it's done nothing for my color. The UV filter? That is a sham. Take a look at the ingredients!! No wonder my skin is dying! It's FULL of harsh chemicals. Don't know why I didn't look at that before buying it - I guess I was disillusioned in thinking expensive shampoos are better. My hair looks worse than before and is dry. Please don't buy this. I am now searching for a natural shampoo and I'll pray it undoes the damage.

on 5/15/2009 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This shampoo works really well for colored hair. I dye my hair really dark and this kept the color vibrate longer. It has a yummy flowery sweet smell that isn't overpowering and I can't smell it on my hair when its dried. I didn't give 5 stars due to sulfates being in the ingredients, which are known to strip color. The price was too high but you since you are buying a salon brand, expect to pay higher than normal shampoos.

on 4/29/2009 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a good, color-safe choice for my color treated hair. So far after over a month of usage, not much buildup - which is nice. It also does not strip my slightly dry hair. Redken makes great products and this is no exception. Bought another bottle in 2012. Still really liking it!

on 4/15/2009 3:10:00 AM

Definitely helps to extend color!! Other shampoos and conditioners have ingredients that actually strips the color out of the hair and is way more harsh. The smell is okay.

Top Rated Redken Products