October 25, 2014 | 1378 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Conejito

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmmm...

General: A decent lip balm but nothing out of the ordinary which you would expect from La Mer or just for the price.

Effectiveness of product: Actually very nice on the lips to begin with. Can make the lips feel a bit sticky/ tacky after an hour or so, so not great on longevity. A bit minty to begin with but a very sweet taste comes through if you catch your tongue on your lip after application - I feel this is a cheapening of the product. If anyone likes this, it must at the very least be partly due to them being hooked on its sugary taste - cheap subliminal marketing ploy by La Mer me thinks! Lack of spf is not something I cared for when I bought it, as I wanted a moisterising product only but since it does not deliver anything better than Burt's Bees Lip Balm on the moisterising front - well I have no choice but to feel that this product is definetly lacking especially for the price!

My lips were no more or less better than before its application - this product is nothing special Burt's Bees lip balm packs a better punch!

Packaging: Nice box on opening the prodcut for the first time - from there onwards it is contained in much the same way as any other lip balm - finger dipping or utilising a separate lip brush are your applicator's of choice.

Overall: Not a bad product but definetly NOT worth the money on so many levels, even Vaseline lip balms offer a level of spf. Come on La Mer surely you should know that spf for the lips should be a given at that price. I for one will not be purchasing this again - my money is better spent on a brand that truly cares about the needs of my skin and not the hype that surrounds and perpetuates its existence.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by orgasmicorganic

SHAME ON LA MER! this product is forty-five dollars minimum, and boasts moisture and the good for you ingredients that their cream has (which, btw, i'm not a believer of either). Look at the first ingredient, and you'll understand why this is bogus. Even my Nivea lip balm at the store works better and has a more stellar recipe. All you're paying for here is the luxury of the mint and glass container, and of course, the brand. big PASS. i'm no fan of mint either.
the price is just ridiculous for barely soft lips---i half expected magic. am sorely disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by lumkeikei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because my lips gets really chapped when it is "the time of the month" and because of all the great reviews here.
So I went to get it, it is $400HKD!! It is damn expensive!!

Well first of all, I don't like the taste of this lip balm at all...
however I do like the texture.
But it did not save me lips at all, My lips are still as dry as ever or actually a little worse.

The other thing I really hate about this lip balm is the packaging!!
It is so unhygienic to use my fingers to apply it every time.
It totally reminds me of those algae plates that I used to use to grow bacteria in for biology class.

I will not buy this again, it is way too expensive for what it does... I rather save the money and buy something else from La Mer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by BrazilianGirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't want to rate this a 1 (there could always be something worse out there) but I was so disappointed in this treatment. It actually makes my lips more dry! Wasn't sure if I was having an allergic reaction to it or what, but I certainly won't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Binaca

I tried this because my friend had it. It's an okay lip balm, but I would never shell out $40+ for a lip product that's made of mostly Vaseline.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by christineekim

This product saved my lips! my lips were getting to be a darker color and after i used this product every night for a few weeks my lips lightened up. now they are nice and pink. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by taradgl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My go to lip balm - the only one I would ever buy. Love the smell, love the texture and sheen it gives my lips, love how it keeps them moisturized all day long. Only one big problem the PRICE - its way too expensive for the amount of product you get, but I'm addicted, ebay is my saviour and I can keep my habit going without breaking the bank. I have tried other brands in the past but can honestly say that I will never stray again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by clearady

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love lip balms, lip plumpers, and a few lip glosses. Soft, luscious lips are an important factor in beauty. I was reluctant to spend 45 dollars for it, but I've seen so many InStyle reviews of it and heard great things about it. Personally, I love the small tub it is packaged in. It looks like something that belongs in a spa. Appearance is more important than functionality to me; that is what makeup and fashion should be about after all. The balm may not be worth the price, but if you love healthy lips, you would always keep this on hand. I always apply after a workout, or early before work. It is moisturizing, just not forty-five dollars worth of moisturizing. Get some vaseline or something if money is tight lol This one just has a great smell, look, consistency, added to the moisture. Thus, it's a winner.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by makeupwhore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Cons: Packaging could be better. Steep price.

Pros: Does the job. Stays on. Keeps my lips soft and hydrated for a long time. Minty scent. Tastes sweet to me.

Love it!!!!

EDIT: Although I've been using this religiously for months, the jar is still more than half full so that's a lot of value for money. BUT after 9 months of use, the product isn't doing anything for me at all. The moisturizing effect it use to have has suddenly disappeared over time. I'd say Vaseline would moisturize my lips more at this point. Thus, I'm striking 2 lippies from my first review.
Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by shouston

I adore this lip balm. My lips become very dry quickly and this is the perfect lip balm for soothe and protect them. The price is very high but if you have 'problem' lips then it could be a good choice. I took Accutane several years ago and my lips never recovered so this is a great way to care for them. Other than the price, the only other negative is a the packaging. It is sort of a hassle to carry the little pot around and I would prefer a stick. I don't think that this lip balm is for everyone, just people who have lip dryness issues otherwise you could find something cheaper.