April 21, 2014 | 1227 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by taradgl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My go to lip balm - the only one I would ever buy. Love the smell, love the texture and sheen it gives my lips, love how it keeps them moisturized all day long. Only one big problem the PRICE - its way too expensive for the amount of product you get, but I'm addicted, ebay is my saviour and I can keep my habit going without breaking the bank. I have tried other brands in the past but can honestly say that I will never stray again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by clearady

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love lip balms, lip plumpers, and a few lip glosses. Soft, luscious lips are an important factor in beauty. I was reluctant to spend 45 dollars for it, but I've seen so many InStyle reviews of it and heard great things about it. Personally, I love the small tub it is packaged in. It looks like something that belongs in a spa. Appearance is more important than functionality to me; that is what makeup and fashion should be about after all. The balm may not be worth the price, but if you love healthy lips, you would always keep this on hand. I always apply after a workout, or early before work. It is moisturizing, just not forty-five dollars worth of moisturizing. Get some vaseline or something if money is tight lol This one just has a great smell, look, consistency, added to the moisture. Thus, it's a winner.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by makeupwhore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Cons: Packaging could be better. Steep price.

Pros: Does the job. Stays on. Keeps my lips soft and hydrated for a long time. Minty scent. Tastes sweet to me.

Love it!!!!

EDIT: Although I've been using this religiously for months, the jar is still more than half full so that's a lot of value for money. BUT after 9 months of use, the product isn't doing anything for me at all. The moisturizing effect it use to have has suddenly disappeared over time. I'd say Vaseline would moisturize my lips more at this point. Thus, I'm striking 2 lippies from my first review.
Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by shouston

I adore this lip balm. My lips become very dry quickly and this is the perfect lip balm for soothe and protect them. The price is very high but if you have 'problem' lips then it could be a good choice. I took Accutane several years ago and my lips never recovered so this is a great way to care for them. Other than the price, the only other negative is a the packaging. It is sort of a hassle to carry the little pot around and I would prefer a stick. I don't think that this lip balm is for everyone, just people who have lip dryness issues otherwise you could find something cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by GoodGala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This costs 52,00 in Italy. HOnestly? 52,00 for a lip balm?!
In any case, I sampled it, and my lips felt softer and smoother right away, so I'm sure it's a really good lip balm... but it's not worth 52,00. seriously.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by willy56

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Confessions of the lip Balm junkie......... La Mer Lip balm with it's minty creaminess both hydrates and soothes for hours .A five star lip balm Best place to purchase? La Mer.com with free shipping and three deluxe gwp of your choice! It last months and comes in a large pot. Repeat buyer here!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite lip balm EVER. It is kind of expensive, I guess, but nothing else has ever made my dry lips feel that moisturized. In the mornings I used it under lipstick / lipgloss and normally put on a lot at night before going to sleep. And I actually did buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think this is a bad lip balm, it moisturizes well and I like the packaging and do think that it would last a few months. But it does not wow me and that's why I gave it 4, and then took off another because of the exorbitant price tag. There really are much better lip balms out there for $25 or less.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by eseq

Okay, the price of this lip balm is ridiculous. I added this to a clothing order I was placing though so the cost was "hidden" in the total lol. The first few times I used it I was definitely thinking "way to waste money, this stuff is terrible!" but I kept using it b/c well, it was so damn expensive. Then one day I accidentally nicked the product with my nail. This caused me to curse under my breath b/c I am a bit anal about keeping my stuff perfect, but as it turns out, it was the key to La Mer lip balm happiness. The stuff under the top layer is AWESOME. It has now dipped into the 20s in NJ and my lips are as soft and supple as if it is mid-August. That is definitely not the norm for me! I will definitely repurchase this for next winter too.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by etherealbeauty

this is such a stupid product. its stupid because of the price, the balm itself is very nice but the price is ridiculous and its NOT WORTH IT. vaseline lip therapy advanced formula does precisely the same exact thing except la mer's balm has little shimmer particles in it.