July 25, 2014 | 1934 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by BrazilianGirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't want to rate this a 1 (there could always be something worse out there) but I was so disappointed in this treatment. It actually makes my lips more dry! Wasn't sure if I was having an allergic reaction to it or what, but I certainly won't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Binaca

I tried this because my friend had it. It's an okay lip balm, but I would never shell out $40+ for a lip product that's made of mostly Vaseline.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by christineekim

This product saved my lips! my lips were getting to be a darker color and after i used this product every night for a few weeks my lips lightened up. now they are nice and pink. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by taradgl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My go to lip balm - the only one I would ever buy. Love the smell, love the texture and sheen it gives my lips, love how it keeps them moisturized all day long. Only one big problem the PRICE - its way too expensive for the amount of product you get, but I'm addicted, ebay is my saviour and I can keep my habit going without breaking the bank. I have tried other brands in the past but can honestly say that I will never stray again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by clearady

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love lip balms, lip plumpers, and a few lip glosses. Soft, luscious lips are an important factor in beauty. I was reluctant to spend 45 dollars for it, but I've seen so many InStyle reviews of it and heard great things about it. Personally, I love the small tub it is packaged in. It looks like something that belongs in a spa. Appearance is more important than functionality to me; that is what makeup and fashion should be about after all. The balm may not be worth the price, but if you love healthy lips, you would always keep this on hand. I always apply after a workout, or early before work. It is moisturizing, just not forty-five dollars worth of moisturizing. Get some vaseline or something if money is tight lol This one just has a great smell, look, consistency, added to the moisture. Thus, it's a winner.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by makeupwhore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Cons: Packaging could be better. Steep price.

Pros: Does the job. Stays on. Keeps my lips soft and hydrated for a long time. Minty scent. Tastes sweet to me.

Love it!!!!

EDIT: Although I've been using this religiously for months, the jar is still more than half full so that's a lot of value for money. BUT after 9 months of use, the product isn't doing anything for me at all. The moisturizing effect it use to have has suddenly disappeared over time. I'd say Vaseline would moisturize my lips more at this point. Thus, I'm striking 2 lippies from my first review.
Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by shouston

I adore this lip balm. My lips become very dry quickly and this is the perfect lip balm for soothe and protect them. The price is very high but if you have 'problem' lips then it could be a good choice. I took Accutane several years ago and my lips never recovered so this is a great way to care for them. Other than the price, the only other negative is a the packaging. It is sort of a hassle to carry the little pot around and I would prefer a stick. I don't think that this lip balm is for everyone, just people who have lip dryness issues otherwise you could find something cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by GoodGala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This costs 52,00 in Italy. HOnestly? 52,00 for a lip balm?!
In any case, I sampled it, and my lips felt softer and smoother right away, so I'm sure it's a really good lip balm... but it's not worth 52,00. seriously.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by willy56

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Confessions of the lip Balm junkie......... La Mer Lip balm with it's minty creaminess both hydrates and soothes for hours .A five star lip balm Best place to purchase? La Mer.com with free shipping and three deluxe gwp of your choice! It last months and comes in a large pot. Repeat buyer here!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite lip balm EVER. It is kind of expensive, I guess, but nothing else has ever made my dry lips feel that moisturized. In the mornings I used it under lipstick / lipgloss and normally put on a lot at night before going to sleep. And I actually did buy it again!