Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

4.1

Caprylic/Capric Triglycerid. Zea Mays (Corn) Starch. Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate. Nylon 12. Dipentaeythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinare. Isostearyl Isostearate. Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate. Talc. Sorbitan Stearate. Water\Aqua\Eu. Polyacrylamide. C13-14 Isoparaffin. Polyvinyl Alcohol. Bytylene Glycol. Laureth-7. Tin Oxide. Sodium Benzoate. Sodiym Dehydroacetate. Phenoxyethanol. Methyparaben. Ethylparaben. Proplyparaben. Butylparaben.

on 5/22/2006 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Great product, but I have huge pores and the shimmer bricks in Beige and Brownie makes it look even bigger :( I've been trying and trying to make it work, but unfortunately I have no luck with these. Not good for people with huge pores. I prefer the MAC Mineralize Skin Finishes to BB Shimmer Bricks.

on 5/21/2006 10:06:00 AM

I LOVE the shimmerbricks!- The most amazing products I've ever tried- by far. They illuminate my face, makeing my complexion appear clear and glowing. I get compliments all the time! I cant say enough good about these!

on 4/23/2006 10:46:00 AM

Now for me, Bobbi Brown got this product right! I love the Shimmer Bricks...I have Beige and Apricot and love the glow this product gives on the cheeks and eyes. I swirl my brush all over the five rows of color for cheek, and then use the same item "row by row" for eyeshadow. On a sidenote, I just purchased the Shimmerbrick Eye Shadow compact. Abit pricey at $40, and I felt, although the colors looked sensational in the compact, that they did not translate as well on the eye.

on 4/19/2006 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I use Shimmerbrick as a blush. It gives a natural glow. I haven't been able to work up the courage to use it as an eyeshadow, but I suppose it's not out of the question. There are a number of less expensive brands that produce a similar product, so when this runs out, I doubt I'll buy another.

I bought this in Bronze and love it. I was actually worried it would be too shimmery but it really isn't too bad if you are careful about how much you apply. This was my first BB purchase and I am really pleased.

on 4/6/2006 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've owned/own three colors - Beige, Apricot, and Peony. I swapped my Apricot SB for Beige with another swapper, and out of the two, I like the Beige better. It does not accentuate my pores like the Apricot did when I use it as an all over highlighter. When I use the Beige as shadows, the look is very subtle, but I like it. Nothing dramatic with the Beige. The Apricot worked well for shadows, but I don't miss it. The Peony is more like a blush than a highlighter. It is too much for me as an all over highlighter and I have not endeavored using it as a shadow and probably will not since it won't be flattering. (on me, anyway). I would like to try Bronze or Brownie, but will really scrutinize them at the BB counter before adding another one to my collection. BTW I am blond/blue and for skintone ref. MAC NC25, Stila C,D. I gave them a 4 because not all the colors will work for everyone and it's hit or miss. One of those YMMV items.

on 3/19/2006 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok product. I got this in Pink at the airport, and for me, it didn't really do anything special. I gave up trying to put it on to "highlight" my features. I just use it as a eyeshadow now.

on 3/18/2006 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love BB SB. They cost and arm and a leg, but you get a ton of product--.4 oz. I mainly use them as eye shadows, and they look great when I go out at night and I apply them to my cheeks as well. I own apricot, rose, and bronze, and I still want more. Though they're almost hard to distinguish apart when applied, I still think they're uniquely beautiful. I barely use anything MAC now because SB are much more versatile and fun to apply.

A cheaper (an amazing alterative) are Jane's shimmering bronzers and Physician's Formula Shimmer strips.

on 2/14/2006 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Iím a big fan of Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick and I have them in all shades.(yes..!! all shades) I admit that you have to be careful and apply it with the light hand if you donít want to look like disco ball but so far I donít have any problem with it at all. The color is gorgeous and gives you glow and dewy. Bronze is very chic and sophisticated. Beige is soft and give a candle light glow. Pink and Roses is not my fave as itís too pink especially the Pink which is got a silver shimmer (Iím tanned / warm tone) but color is lovely for eyeshadow and the Apricot is very nice as it gives you peachy glow. I donít think I would repurchase as it might last quite long. (until I finish all these up I may get bore with them..!!) get the blender brush for subtle application.

on 1/16/2006 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was obsessed with this when I first saw it at Sephora and put it on my xmas list. Noone got it for me, so I caved and got it for myself! I didn't know which one to get, the pink or beige, so I got the pink because it was so pretty. I use it as a highlighter all around my face and as eyeshadow. It is superfine as a shadow, and the quality is obvious when you put it on. I keep it in its box in the medicine cabinet, because it is my favorite thing. Eventually, I will cave and get the beige, and then the apricot.