September 2, 2014 | 1659 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2006 10:56:00 AM More reviews by justanotherjenn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Bronze and love it. I was actually worried it would be too shimmery but it really isn't too bad if you are careful about how much you apply. This was my first BB purchase and I am really pleased.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2006 1:33:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

I've owned/own three colors - Beige, Apricot, and Peony. I swapped my Apricot SB for Beige with another swapper, and out of the two, I like the Beige better. It does not accentuate my pores like the Apricot did when I use it as an all over highlighter. When I use the Beige as shadows, the look is very subtle, but I like it. Nothing dramatic with the Beige. The Apricot worked well for shadows, but I don't miss it. The Peony is more like a blush than a highlighter. It is too much for me as an all over highlighter and I have not endeavored using it as a shadow and probably will not since it won't be flattering. (on me, anyway). I would like to try Bronze or Brownie, but will really scrutinize them at the BB counter before adding another one to my collection. BTW I am blond/blue and for skintone ref. MAC NC25, Stila C,D. I gave them a 4 because not all the colors will work for everyone and it's hit or miss. One of those YMMV items.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2006 3:50:00 AM More reviews by grace123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok product. I got this in Pink at the airport, and for me, it didn't really do anything special. I gave up trying to put it on to "highlight" my features. I just use it as a eyeshadow now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 1:25:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love BB SB. They cost and arm and a leg, but you get a ton of product--.4 oz. I mainly use them as eye shadows, and they look great when I go out at night and I apply them to my cheeks as well. I own apricot, rose, and bronze, and I still want more. Though they're almost hard to distinguish apart when applied, I still think they're uniquely beautiful. I barely use anything MAC now because SB are much more versatile and fun to apply.

A cheaper (an amazing alterative) are Jane's shimmering bronzers and Physician's Formula Shimmer strips.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2006 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Shosita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Iím a big fan of Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick and I have them in all shades.(yes..!! all shades) I admit that you have to be careful and apply it with the light hand if you donít want to look like disco ball but so far I donít have any problem with it at all. The color is gorgeous and gives you glow and dewy. Bronze is very chic and sophisticated. Beige is soft and give a candle light glow. Pink and Roses is not my fave as itís too pink especially the Pink which is got a silver shimmer (Iím tanned / warm tone) but color is lovely for eyeshadow and the Apricot is very nice as it gives you peachy glow. I donít think I would repurchase as it might last quite long. (until I finish all these up I may get bore with them..!!) get the blender brush for subtle application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2006 12:24:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was obsessed with this when I first saw it at Sephora and put it on my xmas list. Noone got it for me, so I caved and got it for myself! I didn't know which one to get, the pink or beige, so I got the pink because it was so pretty. I use it as a highlighter all around my face and as eyeshadow. It is superfine as a shadow, and the quality is obvious when you put it on. I keep it in its box in the medicine cabinet, because it is my favorite thing. Eventually, I will cave and get the beige, and then the apricot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2006 1:13:00 PM More reviews by eenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am often asked by friends if I have a single favorite out of all the makeup I own. Every time I am asked, I respond by breaking out a Shimmer brick and telling them that if I had to give up all my makeup and keep one thing, it would be a shimmer brick. I own Apricot, Bronze, and Pink, all of which I use on a daily basis. What I love about Shimmer bricks is that not only do they look amazing on your cheeks, but on your eyes as well. It is possible to do almost a full face of makeup with just this one product. I also love how the different shades of shimmer brick compliment different shades of blush. I never fail to get complimented on how my face seems to glow, and I have these to thank!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2005 8:34:00 AM More reviews by jennifer36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the rose because it looks so amazing. I am pale and use a bronzer. This JUST on the apple of my cheeks gives me the prettiest pop of glam color. I really needed another blush like I need a hole in the head but that didnt stop me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2005 2:00:00 PM More reviews by luvthered

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My makeup lemmings come and go, but one thing that remains constant is my loyalty to the Shimmer Bricks. I have every color palette and while they aren't all "perfect" on me, I've found a way to make good use of all of them to achieve different effects. There's something about the formula that just seems to "melt" into my skin in the most flattering, natural way. They may seem expensive at first, but they last a very long time, even with daily use. My first beige one lasted over two years and I used it nearly every day. There are now several lookalike knockoffs out there and while some of them actually are pretty good, none compare to the original. If you're undecided about color or how to use them, just as a BB SA, they're very helpful and the ones I've encountered haven't been obnoxious or pushy. Try one ( or all) You'll be hooked in no time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2005 4:57:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Got the Apricot one a few days ago-have worn it almost every day since. I love the glow it gives my complexion and i use the highlighter on my brow bone. I don't think its too shimmery at all, although lots of the ladies say it is. I use this now instead of Deep Throat. Will def. repurchase