April 20, 2014 | 1753 users online

Scrubs - Mary Kay - Micro-dermabrasion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2006 12:17:00 AM More reviews by courtlee128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great system!. My skin feels wonderful after using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2006 10:58:00 AM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My wonderful neighbor, who works for MK as a travel agent, gave me a microdermabrasion kit for Christmas last year. Since I have very oily skin, I was afraid to use the serum, so I use the scrub only, and am quite pleased with it.

As some other reviewers have stated, this scrub is pretty heavy-duty; you'll want to make sure that your face is thoroughly wet before using it.

But it doesn't irritate even my sensitive, acne-prone complexion. I wouldn't use it directly on areas where I have active acne lesions, though.

I am a freak of nature; lacking lines, even at 41, so I can't say what this product does in the area of reducing the appearance of those.

However, it does a great job of smoothing the tiny bumps and rough patches on my cheeks and forehead.

Since I received this as a gift, I don't know how much it retails for.

Unless it's outrageously expensive, I'll buy it again for sure.
UPDATE It's late May, and I just now used up my original tube, and just bought another for a little over $20. Although I LOVE this, next time I may try to find something a bit less expensive and easier to get. Unless something really great comes along, though, I'll stick with this. I love that Mary Kay is a non-animal-testing company now, and I love how this scrub smooths my skin. My only complaint besides the price(which really isn't bad considering how seldom you have to buy it)is the squeeze-tube packaging, which makes it difficult to get every last bit of product. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2006 3:34:00 AM More reviews by johannah

Wow! These products really makes miracles happen to your skin! Step 1 removes all the dead skin and step 2 makes it feel as baby skin! It's so great! Love it, love it, love it!

It has even helped my sister to get rid of her blackheads and she is so amazed by them!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by amay77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! I received the sample and then bought some samples off eBay. Leaves me face very soft and supple. Afterwards I use my copper peptides and the combo of both is awesome results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2006 10:57:00 AM More reviews by SW82

I got this as a sample in the mail, I really really like the results after one use. My skin was so soft and it did not irritate it at all, I will buy this and try it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2006 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Nayluvsvball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to say, I will never use any other skin care out there except Mary Kay! This dermabrasion is awesome!! I have sensitive, dry skin with some mild rosacea, and I notice you have to apply this lightly and gently. To much scrubbing will cause dryness and ultra sensitivity. When I do it right, the end result is perfectly refined skin and pores are very minimal. My makeup goes on very smooth and gives a clear, even tone. It is expensive, but lasts a long time and is worth it. Whatever Mary Kay did, she did right!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2006 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Hexena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After using this product the first time, I noticed dramatic difference in the texture of my skin. It does refine the pores and really makes your skin look fabulous!! It should only be used twice a week. Its a miracle for me. I really havent seen my skin ever look this nice and even.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2006 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Luvgoodskin

Oh, I had something else to add, since so many of these reviewers seem to buy off of e-bay instead of from an educated Consultant who has had training with and a knowledge of the products: Microdermabrasion is not intended for skin with the following. Just thought I'd help you all out, for free. Not all of us Beauty Consultants have an alterior motive.

. active rosacea
Erythematosus
Diabetes mellitus

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2006 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Luvgoodskin

Yes, I am a Mary Kay Consultant. Before Mary Kay, I was using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub, every other day. My skin was always rutty looking, my pores on my cheeks were not being diminished, if anything they were being opened up more! I hadn't gotten compliments on my skin, since before I had my son in 2 years! After trying Mary Kay's Microdermabrasion, just once, I had a noticable improvement in the smoothness of my skin, my pores were smaller, even the deeper lines on my forehead lessen with each use, and the ruttiness has gone away completely. I am very thankful for this product! Not to mention paying upwards of $100 a treatment at a Dermatologist's office was not in my budget, especially when they can't guarantee good results without multiple treatments!! Sure, my skin is not perfect, I do get the occasional breakout around my menstral cycle. I use the Microderm every other day about two or three times a week, followed by the Refine:step 2, then the other skincare in the Timewise line (of course since I am a Consultant) and get compliments on my skin now! I do have to say to the reviewer that said it has brightened up her eye area, DO NOT USE IT UNDER OR ON YOUR EYE AREA, OR ON YOUR LIP AREA!! It is not intended for use in these areas. I'm glad you got a good deal on the price, however you could also pay the price, for what could happen to your complexion, by not having a Beauty Consultant who is educated on the literature and use of these products. Thank you. I am not just a Consultant, I am also a Consumer.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2006 8:06:00 PM More reviews by kermie70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a PPP and have been terrified to try micro scrubs -- I would turn bright red and sore. I tried a sample -- and I am sold. I used to scrub every morning to get rid of dry skin flakes, and no more. I use it once a week and it works. I wish it was cheaper, but hey -- it does what it is supposed to. However -- make sure your face is wet -- otherwise pain.