September 22, 2014 | 1263 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Satinwear 02 ultimate blow-dry lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Dr48109

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff. I usually let my shoulder-length thick but fine hair air dry until it's about 90% dry, then apply two pumps of this stuff and blow dry. It really does make a differnce (vs. blow drying with no product) in making my hair shiny, soft, and silky. It also makes it less tangly, and I find my brush slides through much more easily. I have to be careful to avoid touching my roots with this on my hands to avoid greasiness, but as long as I do this, Satinwear gives me perfect shininess and smoothness without being too heavy or greasy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by beemoody

I've used Redken products for years and usually had good results. I don't dislike the Satinwear 02 Ultimate blow dry lotion (rather thin in texture as a previous reviewer noted), but it just didn't do much for my medium-thick hair. I purchased the trial size 1 oz for like $3 USD at Ulta to see if I would like it -- I love that Redken has the trial size for purchase and appreicate them thinking of the customer in this respect since their full sizes are on the expensive side.

Overall, I won't re-purchase b/c I didn't see much in terms of reduced fly-aways, shine or increased manageability. Maybe for someone with finer hair this would be beneficial?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2008 12:27:00 AM More reviews by pamaz

This stuff smells great and really does give a great blowout. My hair is very curly, and this helped me to get it straight with less effort than usual. I think it would be perfect for fine to normal thickness hair. The only reason I said I wouldn't repurchase is because my hair is very thick and this is a thin liquid, so I had to use alot of product to coat my hair. I was thinking this would be more of a cream, which I like because my hair needs weight. So, I recommend this, but will keep looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2008 8:16:00 AM More reviews by betsha7

I was at Marshalls and happened to be browsing the hair section when I came across this product. I thought, hey, for 4.99, it's a worth a try. Well, every now and then a product comes along and changes everything and this just so happens to be that product. What is it....a heat styling protective lotion that speeds drying and provides UV filters to help stop color fading. What does it do....holy cow, gives me the softest, most luxurious hair ever. I was really just trying to find a heat protectant when I bought this, I had no idea it would smooth my hair to a fine silk feel. I have medium/fine hair with natural waves/curls that is also color treated. I love this product so much, that I scoured all the Marshall's around me to buy more, it's that good. I keep twirling my hair in my fingers because it makes it that soft! But it's not so soft that it cannot be styled, au contraire, this product does what it says and then some! If you want soft, silky hair, then this product is for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by sunth

I have been using for blowdrying & it works really to prevent damage from the dryer. It doesnt seem too heavy for my fine (lots of it ) hair and it doesnt smell strong at all. I will continue using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by MsLips

This is such a nice product...gosh I have to rave about the smell...it's delicious! I use this on my damp hair and blow dry straight and it delivers a nice smooth shiny result and helps tame frizz. This is a must!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 12:17:00 PM More reviews by diggity

To me, this product is similar to Aveda Hang Straight. It's a very nice product. I used it before blowdrying, but I also tried a small bit on dry hair length before flat ironing (my hair needs this extra step if I want it to be really smooth). It's not too heavy on my fine and thin hair, and it doesn't make my hair feel goopy, greasy, or coated. I only use a little bit, so I can see this lasting a long time as well.

Although the Redken is probably cheaper, I like the Aveda more because it gives my hair a bit more slip and silkiness. I don't really like the smell of Satinwear --- it's too perfume-y and strong. But otherwise it's a very nice product for smoothing hair. I really like that Redken sells small versions of their products so you can try it out before buying the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2007 12:32:00 AM More reviews by lorstarnascar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this blow-out lotion. I put on two pumps on my shoulder-length wet hair and blow-dry. It leaves my hair super soft, and doesn't weigh it down, which is a miracle, considering I have oily hair. The only issue is that you need to experiment with it a bit first; too much can make your hair matte and greasy, too little and it feels like you put nothing on it. You can also mix it with other balms or lotions, I put Align in it when I want my hair super straight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2007 9:16:00 PM More reviews by mjlover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! Have only used it once but in conjunction with the body full conditioner and shampoo it left my hair soft bouncy and so full of body.

Wasnt sticky, didnt weigh my hair down ... brilliant!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff paired w/ my All Soft poo & conditioner is the bomb! My hair looks and feels amazing! Soft & shiny. Definate staple! No frizz either.