July 28, 2014 | 2032 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - j'adore

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

J'adore makes me think of starwberries and cream, champagne, and flowers. All kinds of little flowers.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by fevers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This makes me feel all grown up and sophisticated! This is high brow glamour in a bottle. It makes me feel like I should be swooping down a grand staircase with a long backless dress.

I'm surprised I love it so much because I usually like sweet, fruity fragrances - so don't be put off if you're into those too, give j'adore a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by christina001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am surprised one of my favorite evening/special occasion perfumes of all time gets such a lukewarm rating!

I am awful in remembering concrete notes in perfumes, but others have elaborated on that. I will try to give you a more personalized opinion.

About my perfume taste:
I hate too heavy and overly floral or sweet perfumes - some of the heavier Dior perfumes and stuff like Angel could chase me out of town, in fact. For the day I love most Kenzo perfumes, a few by DKNY, Coco Mademoiselle, Armani Code (although lately that one drives me crazy for sweetness I had not noticed before). In my opinion I do not have a very consistent perfume taste, I love a lot.

Now J'adore Dior is a SEXY perfume. I have gotten compliments from women oftentimes when kissing them hello on an evening out or ball on the fragrance being seductive. Many of them said the fragrance "suited" me. I personally think it suits every woman. It smelled wonderful on an incredibly charismatic friend of mine, it smells great on my Mom and sister.. this really is for everybody. And up to now I would have thought it is one of the most universally loved perfumes ever! At least here where I live (Central Europe) every woman seems to own it. You know that when you enter your friend's bathroom for the first time and see they also have it. Of course. Or you recommend it to a friend and she laughs "of course I have it"!

What the fragrance is: To me it smells "golden" like the packaging. Silly, I know, it will just be the association from the bottle, but on the other hand there is also a reason they made it golden I suppose. It is somewhat floral, but not overly/overpoweringly so. It also smells lovely light and precious (hence the golden association I suppose), with an elegant/evening feel. It stays on really well, from morning to evening. It lasts well on clothes and hair. It is not irritating or annoying, subtle but relatively powerful in a good way. I love putting this on, but it would not be for everday use for me. Sometimes when I am in the mood I use it for the day, too, though.
I have had my bottle for 6 years, it is almost finished, and has not lost any of its characteristics as far as I can tell (I have the Eau de Parfum -I am not sure this Eau de Parfum is still being sold; I noticed there is a differently coloured Eau de Parfum now, so I would not be sure if it is a revamp of my fragrance, or a different formula; I hope not!)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by maeshiil

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an extremely elegant, feminine, sexy scent. I think it's perfect for a night out, like a date or something. My Mom owns this and it smells amazing on her. I sometimes steal it for a special occasion. Lol. The bottle is absolutely gorgeous as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by sukhada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This review is for the eau de parfum.
I received j'adore as a gift. The packaging is very stylish and attractive. It has a sophisticated floral scent and is not as heavy as Chanel No 5 and hence can be used in the daytime. The perfume is one of those rare kinds which made me feel utterly feminine and classy. According to my husband, it's scent is also quite seductive ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

At first spray it is a little too strong once it dies a beautiful mature floral scent after that the dry down is a sweet fruit scent. Very complex and I love that! I was really surprised when I went to sleep n smelled something so good from my arm I can't believe it lasted that long? From only one single spray. This is how all fragrances should last!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by KristaSelene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was the fragrance that I wore all throughout high school and into my freshman year of college. Smelling it brings back so many wonderful memories. I will definitely come back to this perfume later in life but as a keepsake, I keep a bottle on my tray with just a few drops left. This is a sexy, radiant, feminine perfume that is perfect for the girl who knows what she wants, when she wants it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by mojo90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really mature fragrance. I don't wear it everyday because it's a little bit too heavy but when i feel "feminine" this is just perfect. Really nice floral scent

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by greenlima

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

it doesnt smell sweet on me. it smells so boring. i like to smell it on others, but not on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 7:31:00 AM More reviews by linnalikescats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

J'adore by Dior is my favourite perfume in the world.
It smells very heavy and flowery and the flacon with its gold and cristal embrace that. The flacon feels heavy and has an unusual yet classy design which also supports the high-class feel of J'adore.
The eau de parfum smells flowery but in a sophisticated way. It's seductive in a very classy way, something you would expect a young crown princess to wear on her day of coronation.

I have repurchased and definitely will repurchase again. Recommendation!