September 23, 2014 | 1380 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - j'adore

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do not know whats so amzing about this fragrance. Some people like it and purchase it again and again but even if I tried to like it, I could not find anything special about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by FangBanger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't actually own J'adore (yet). I am house-sitting right now for a friend, and she has a bottle of the EDP sitting on her bathroom counter that looks a little, shall we say, sad and underused. So, me being me, I've been sneaking sprays every day for the past week. I'm not bathing myself in it- that would be really rude because it's not my perfume- but I have been wearing it long enough to realize this is the only true floral perfume I've ever worn (besides Cabotine by Gres) that smells GOOD on me. And I mean very, very GOOD. It's an abstract scent in the sense that I don't get one flower (or fruit) over any of the others, but I love it. I never thought I would. However, it is strangely addicting.

This is coming from someone who normally wears Orientals or Chypres. I seriously can't stop sniffing my wrist while I'm wearing J'adore! And to be honest, I haven't smelled it on any other women as of late. It smells familiar, yes, but not in a boring way. I think it probably does smell different on everyone's skin, otherwise I'd have no interest in buying a bottle. This is truly a warm, pretty masterpiece. Its only crime is being very lovely and frankly, inoffensive. So, sue me for liking it, because I love it. It was original for its time, even if it isn't now.

I sense a graduation present to myself in the near future...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

florals are not my favorite category so i think when i comes to florals there is only few that l like and own. J'adore is one of these scents. I would describe it as somewhat sweet warm floral with a tinsy bit of fruit thrown in. I can only smell a little bit of blackberries and it really doesn't make it very fruity, IMO. There is a "clean" note there as well, warm and clean, kind of like clean dry laundry that has been warmed up by the sun. To me, this is very sophisticated and elegant scent, and i picture a woman in her 30s, wearing classy evening gown. I don't think this fragrance is for everyone but with the right chemistry it lovely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

J'adore makes me think of starwberries and cream, champagne, and flowers. All kinds of little flowers.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by fevers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This makes me feel all grown up and sophisticated! This is high brow glamour in a bottle. It makes me feel like I should be swooping down a grand staircase with a long backless dress.

I'm surprised I love it so much because I usually like sweet, fruity fragrances - so don't be put off if you're into those too, give j'adore a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by christina001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am surprised one of my favorite evening/special occasion perfumes of all time gets such a lukewarm rating!

I am awful in remembering concrete notes in perfumes, but others have elaborated on that. I will try to give you a more personalized opinion.

About my perfume taste:
I hate too heavy and overly floral or sweet perfumes - some of the heavier Dior perfumes and stuff like Angel could chase me out of town, in fact. For the day I love most Kenzo perfumes, a few by DKNY, Coco Mademoiselle, Armani Code (although lately that one drives me crazy for sweetness I had not noticed before). In my opinion I do not have a very consistent perfume taste, I love a lot.

Now J'adore Dior is a SEXY perfume. I have gotten compliments from women oftentimes when kissing them hello on an evening out or ball on the fragrance being seductive. Many of them said the fragrance "suited" me. I personally think it suits every woman. It smelled wonderful on an incredibly charismatic friend of mine, it smells great on my Mom and sister.. this really is for everybody. And up to now I would have thought it is one of the most universally loved perfumes ever! At least here where I live (Central Europe) every woman seems to own it. You know that when you enter your friend's bathroom for the first time and see they also have it. Of course. Or you recommend it to a friend and she laughs "of course I have it"!

What the fragrance is: To me it smells "golden" like the packaging. Silly, I know, it will just be the association from the bottle, but on the other hand there is also a reason they made it golden I suppose. It is somewhat floral, but not overly/overpoweringly so. It also smells lovely light and precious (hence the golden association I suppose), with an elegant/evening feel. It stays on really well, from morning to evening. It lasts well on clothes and hair. It is not irritating or annoying, subtle but relatively powerful in a good way. I love putting this on, but it would not be for everday use for me. Sometimes when I am in the mood I use it for the day, too, though.
I have had my bottle for 6 years, it is almost finished, and has not lost any of its characteristics as far as I can tell (I have the Eau de Parfum -I am not sure this Eau de Parfum is still being sold; I noticed there is a differently coloured Eau de Parfum now, so I would not be sure if it is a revamp of my fragrance, or a different formula; I hope not!)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by maeshiil

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an extremely elegant, feminine, sexy scent. I think it's perfect for a night out, like a date or something. My Mom owns this and it smells amazing on her. I sometimes steal it for a special occasion. Lol. The bottle is absolutely gorgeous as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by sukhada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This review is for the eau de parfum.
I received j'adore as a gift. The packaging is very stylish and attractive. It has a sophisticated floral scent and is not as heavy as Chanel No 5 and hence can be used in the daytime. The perfume is one of those rare kinds which made me feel utterly feminine and classy. According to my husband, it's scent is also quite seductive ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

At first spray it is a little too strong once it dies a beautiful mature floral scent after that the dry down is a sweet fruit scent. Very complex and I love that! I was really surprised when I went to sleep n smelled something so good from my arm I can't believe it lasted that long? From only one single spray. This is how all fragrances should last!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by KristaSelene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was the fragrance that I wore all throughout high school and into my freshman year of college. Smelling it brings back so many wonderful memories. I will definitely come back to this perfume later in life but as a keepsake, I keep a bottle on my tray with just a few drops left. This is a sexy, radiant, feminine perfume that is perfect for the girl who knows what she wants, when she wants it.