November 26, 2014 | 1632 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Imperialis

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by charmressa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product yesterday and I am returning it tomorrow. I usually use Aveeno SPF 15 stuff in the morning, and NeoStrata/Clinique in the evening. Acne-prone skin, oily with dry spots. I've never tried Lush products before and the "naturalness" was inticing. Imperialis gave me huge zits everywhere overnight. I got a horribly painful one on my lip, on my chin and on my eyelid (of all places). Hideous stuff. I will stick to drugstore brands from now on. Organic/natural isn't always better.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2008 1:48:00 PM More reviews by LisaNewYork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was just okay for me. It didn't really moisturize or do much for my skin, and a few days after using it, my skin felt less smooth than it had. I think I'll probably go back to Skin Shangri La, which was much better for my skin type.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2008 5:38:00 AM More reviews by catteys

My sister bought it because she has oily/combo skin. I tried some but I didnt really like it. It smelt funny like loose powder. It sank into skin quickly but then my skin was like having nothing on it (Maybe some people like that). I thought it might be working but after a few hours, my nose became very oily like i didnt use any skincare product.
It works pretty well on my sister tho maybe it just depends on different types of skin =/ It's worth to have a try because it wont irritate your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by anniee19

I was suprised to see such a low rating after I started using this! I've only been using it for about a week now, but I love it! I use this after cleansing with Angels on Bare Skin, and the combo of these two products has made my combo-skin looking great in a short amount of time. It's not oily on my face at all, sinks in fast and leaves me without a dryed out feeling. I think it smells nice like lavender, and not strong at all. The scent fades right away, so I don't even notice it after I put it on!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 8:01:00 AM More reviews by sushibuns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i do not know it as such a low score i totally love this one i hate lavender smell usually but this is ok i use this because it works wonders for my oily skin and my pores used to be huge i put a little bit on my face and neck after my favorite toner breath of fresh air and i am ready it does almost the same thing than gorgeous but at a lower price but if i could i would buy gorgeous as a night cream but to pricey for me

this is one of my favorite lush products

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2008 7:43:00 PM More reviews by favola

It did nothing for my face, but it did give me cystic acne and the skin around my nose and mouth were peeling after using this. I actually liked the smell, but its not worth it if this does squat. I hate this face moisturizer and it has definately turned me off lush forever.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 4:10:00 AM More reviews by cocofabulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After one night of use I broke out in a patch of whiteheads on my temple... the tub packaging isn't great either. This is really moisturising but don't go near it unless you never ever get a zit!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 3 (edit May 2008)

Price:2 ($22.95/1.5oz)

Packaging: 2

Buy again: No (Edit may 2008)

EDIT May 2008: I've changed my mind about this product, just because I feel that I can get other moisturizers that perform the same without the weird smell, or the high cost. I've switched to Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle cream, which isn't all natural, but it leaves me skin looking good enough for $20 and helps with acne and pigmentation. My old review is below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start by saying I rarely give moisturizers a 5.

ABOUT ME:

I am a 20-something asian female, combo/oily in summer, combo/dry in winter, acne-prone, sensitive (what a wonderful combination). I have used countless drugstore products as well as high end (Murad, Clinique, Proactiv) to keep my skin under control, and while my skin isn't horrible, it's not as nice as I'd like it to be. I've been using benzoyl peroxide for the last 5 years on a nightly basis.

THE PRODUCT:

When you first look at the ingredients, you freak out because it contains oils, cocoa butter, and shea butter-- everything a pimple-phobe has been told to avoid. However, my skin was behaving very strangely lately, and I needed something more moisturizing than an oil-free lotion, so I checked with reviews and the LUSH reccommendation chart, and saw Imperialis fit the description I was looking for. Some of the MUA reviews said it was perfect, some said it broke them out, so I was nervous, I'll admit-- I am a full-time university student, and the place where I am doesn't have a local LUSH store, so I would have to purchase the whole thing without trying it first.

Well, I'm so glad I did. While the packaging is functional, it's not much to look at (black plastic pot, screw on lid), but the product inside makes up for it! Imperialis is a pinkish lotion-cream, absorbs very quickly without shiny/oily residue. It actually leaves my face matte, but does moisturize wonderfully. I combine it with Eau Roma so that it spreads better, and only need to use a pea-sized blob for my face AND neck together! (I don't mind the pot; my hands are clean when I touch my face anyway, so I can at least get to every drop!)

This moisturizer contains a host of wonderful ingredients, most note-worthy: Lavender infusion, mullein leaf infusion, olive oil, shea butter, cocoa butter and orange blossom water. There are a bunch of other things too, so I think the $23 for the pot is an awesome deal-- you're getting a very high quality moisturizer here, folks!

Being acne-prone, I am always worried about stuff making my skin worse. I've only used this for 3 days, but I can usually tell if my skin likes it or not; my skin LOVES this. It hydrates without stickiness or a greasy face, it actually helps make my face less oily! And, I haven't had any breakouts or itching, or even felt an on-coming zit (I used to get those with a bunch of other products I've tried). I haven't used my benzoyl peroxide in the last 3 days, and by now, I should be breaking out to high-heavens--- amazingly, I am crystal clear.

The only thing I dislike about this is the smell-- It reminds me of wet, stinky, smelly socks. Sometimes I don't notice it, but when I wear this cream while in a warm room, I REALLY smell it (and no, it's not me. I don't have this problem with other creams!). So... yeah. But I won't dock marks for that.

In short: this stuff is awesome, you must get it. (I alternate between this and Enzymion-- I usually use this at night for a nice light night cream).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2008 5:41:00 AM More reviews by sisterdew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought 2 pots of this moisturiser (It was a special offer after Christmas) as I adore Lush bath products and have recently gone vegan so was keen to replace my current products with vegan ones.
I opened the first pot and was overcome with the smell. Think putrid food. I was sure it had smelled ok in the store so I opened the 2nd pot and although it isn't quite as bad it was still faintly off smelling.
I wanted to give them a chance so tried the least offending tub for 2 days only to break out in spots on both cheeks (I haven't even suffered from this as a teen!!!)
I also got another moisturiser in the deal which is grainy as if it hasn't been mixed properly. I'm not sure if it's the quality control or just the batches went off but it really wasn't right.
Soooo let down in Lush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by maz123

I wasn't sure whether this would cause me to break out as it has so many natural oils in it. I also thought that it might be greasy & sticky like almond kisses.

Luckily this has been fine! It's great for my combo skin after using fresh farmacy cleanser. It's winter right now & this moisturiser keeps my combo skin moisturised without leaving it shiny. fab.
I will update this review later if after using it for longer I notice any break outs!

5stars*****