LUSH Imperialis

3.2

: Lavender Infusion (Lavendula hybrida), Mullein Leaf Infusion (Verbascum thapsus), Orange Blossom Water (Citrus dulcis), Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Glycerine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus dulcis), Tiger Lily Extract (Lilium candidum), St. Johns Wort Extract (Hypericum perforatum), Elderflower Extract (Sambucus nigra), Sweet Violet Extract (Viola odorata), Sunflower Petal Extract (Helianthus annuus), Alkanett Extract (Alkanna tinctoria), Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben,

First this product just smells BAD. When you look at the ingredients list, you hope it'll have a nice flowery scent, but no, it's just an awfull smell of rotten vegetables.

After application, it left my face sticky, but not sufficiently moisturized.

And, I had a HORRIBLE breakout after a couple of days. NO product ever made me breakout like this, I had HUGE painfull red spots all over my face, and it took MONTHS to get rid of the scars. Thanks Lush, great !!!
Back to my Clarins skincare !

I received a sample of this with my first Lush purchase the other day and have been trying it out at night, for several days. After the second day of use, I broke out in about 5-6 huge pimples on my face. I rarely get this many at once; usually just one or two at most, during that time of the month.. I'm hesitant to attribute the breakout completely to this moisturizer though, as it really hasn't been that long to make a fair judgment, BUT.. I'm very suspicious, in consideration of other reviewers' breakout experiences with this product. I have also been getting dry peel-y patches in the past few days, first on my nose and now on my chin. Even if the dryness wasn't caused by the product, it certainly isn't helping it any! So, for now, I'm not very impressed and will most likely not be purchasing again. Will update if anything gets better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I used this product as an amazing new skin -care regime.
Overall, the results were great. (I used Lush's Aqua Marina and Tea Tree Water.) But I am not sure if this moituriser was doing anything for me.
Then, Simple's oil-balancing moisturier caught my eye in Boots. It worked much better; makes my skin look like I'm wearing foundtion, and helped cler my pores much more effectively! It's also a lot lot cheaper.
Although this moisturisr is okay, in hindsight, I think it was getting in the way of progress. There are much better and cheaper moisturisers out there!

I bought this product yesterday and I am returning it tomorrow. I usually use Aveeno SPF 15 stuff in the morning, and NeoStrata/Clinique in the evening. Acne-prone skin, oily with dry spots. I've never tried Lush products before and the "naturalness" was inticing. Imperialis gave me huge zits everywhere overnight. I got a horribly painful one on my lip, on my chin and on my eyelid (of all places). Hideous stuff. I will stick to drugstore brands from now on. Organic/natural isn't always better.

It was just okay for me. It didn't really moisturize or do much for my skin, and a few days after using it, my skin felt less smooth than it had. I think I'll probably go back to Skin Shangri La, which was much better for my skin type.

My sister bought it because she has oily/combo skin. I tried some but I didnt really like it. It smelt funny like loose powder. It sank into skin quickly but then my skin was like having nothing on it (Maybe some people like that). I thought it might be working but after a few hours, my nose became very oily like i didnt use any skincare product.
It works pretty well on my sister tho maybe it just depends on different types of skin =/ It's worth to have a try because it wont irritate your skin.

I was suprised to see such a low rating after I started using this! I've only been using it for about a week now, but I love it! I use this after cleansing with Angels on Bare Skin, and the combo of these two products has made my combo-skin looking great in a short amount of time. It's not oily on my face at all, sinks in fast and leaves me without a dryed out feeling. I think it smells nice like lavender, and not strong at all. The scent fades right away, so I don't even notice it after I put it on!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

i do not know it as such a low score i totally love this one i hate lavender smell usually but this is ok i use this because it works wonders for my oily skin and my pores used to be huge i put a little bit on my face and neck after my favorite toner breath of fresh air and i am ready it does almost the same thing than gorgeous but at a lower price but if i could i would buy gorgeous as a night cream but to pricey for me

this is one of my favorite lush products

It did nothing for my face, but it did give me cystic acne and the skin around my nose and mouth were peeling after using this. I actually liked the smell, but its not worth it if this does squat. I hate this face moisturizer and it has definately turned me off lush forever.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After one night of use I broke out in a patch of whiteheads on my temple... the tub packaging isn't great either. This is really moisturising but don't go near it unless you never ever get a zit!