September 2, 2014 | 1105 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by crunch513

Horrible! But I'll break it down for you.

Price - 19.99CAD
I knew the price when I bought it so I wasn't too surprised, but it's certainly not cheap by any means. Then again, it's not the most expensive out there so I left it at 3 lippies.

Packaging
The packaging is MAC's typical heavy glass with a sleek matte black screw top. Gorgeous. Nothing to criticize here.

Smell - None

Texture
MAC's Blacktrack Fluidline felt smooth going on my skin, no tugging at all. After it dries is a whole new story. It started fading as it dried. By the time it was dry, it was half-transparent. You know when you write with a marker on a whiteboard, then write over it again and it sort of erases what you wrote before? That's what happened here. Except I hadn't drawn over it.

Pigmentation
It was black when I first applied it, but quickly turned to semi-transparent diluted black. Not really grey, just watered down black.

Repurchase
NO! I bought it online and will be returning it along with MAC 263 immediately. (Nothing wrong with the brush, I just bought it specifically for MAC's Blacktrack Fluidline.) As smooth as it is, I don't see the point in splurging on a brush as well as a gel liner that fades to watered-down black once it dries. I was so excited too. Perhaps I will try out Bobbi Brown's gel liner instead...

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by monal9576

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i am obsessed oh my gosh, i use this everyday and it is by far the BEST eyeliner! so easy to apply with the right brush and it does not smudge or anything and stays on all day and night. for some it might be on the pricey side but completely worth it!! i have been using this for so long and will not go back to anything else

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I used to use this gel liner all the time years ago. It is a great black liner and is so easy to apply on other people. I never had a problem with creasing and it lasted a long time for me. I only stopped using it because MAC wasn't readily available where I live and I changed to a liquid felt tip eyeliner from Maybelline. Recently I have been thinking about adding this back in my makeup arsenal. I remember this product did dry out a little over time, but never so much that it made the product unusable. I purchased this many, many times and in many colors. It was and is the best gel liner I have ever used. Check it out! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by BeautyByKat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This gel liner is good, but not the best. Maybe it's because I don't have a #266 brush from MAC, but I just don't like the application or finish it gives. I feel as though it looks dry and comes out to think with my angled eyeliner brush from BH cosmetics. I see a lot of people rave about which is why I think I would like it more if I used another brush. It's pricey, of course, but I prefer my Wet N Wild or Loreal Infallible gel liners instead of this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Princesa7

My all time fave eyeliner ever next to the discontinued L"Oreal HIP liner.

Glides on so smooth,love the super black pigment,no fading and super long lasting!!

I've tried using other liners like Maybelline Eye studio gel liner in blackest black wich was 100% awful with fading etc and L'Oreal and Essence,etc....wich all just do not live up to my expectations.

I've used this liner off and on for years and keep going back to it!

Comes off easy too (I use Ponds cold cream makeup remover)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight121

Gel like and easy to control, but thats about it! The pigmentation is patchy upon applying and fades away within hours. Essence gel liner is 10X better and much cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by loveohnine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dried up very quickly in the pot. Can't use it anymore. Don't like it at all. Waste of $$

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eye liner. It's the best one I've tried so far. It's pigmented, it stays on and doesn't smear and smudge as much as other products which is excellent. I love the packaging as well, easy to travel with. Will purchase over and over again :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
Nice packaging
Easy to apply in the lash line
Sets fast.
Pigmented color

Cons:
Not as black as I would like
Dries out fast in the jar
Smudges on me after a few hours
CANNOT put in the lower lash line as it disappears within hours
Kind of pricey

HOnestly if you want a good gel liner go for the Maybelline Eye studio gel liner in the color blackest black. Its a thousand times darker. The MAC one almost looks grey compared to the Maybelline one. It's a lot cheaper, doesn't dry out as fast and is just as easy to apply.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by faceofvn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wasted so much money on eyeliners that gave me raccoon eyes. Finally I bought Mac blacktract fluidline and I absolutely love it. I just wished I had bought it much sooner. It is expensive here in Australia ($32) but to me it was worth it.