Sephora Liquid Eyeliner

3.8

on 12/19/2010 3:17:00 PM

This review applies to the brown shade.

I bought this after trying it out on my hand at Sephora. The texture is good, and the brown color is good for my coloring, so I bought it on a whim.

The problem is that this product leaves a red shadow wherever it is applied and then washed off. Whatever they use as their red pigment to give it a chestnut color is very, very stubborn. This is a BIG problem, and not just when I'm trying to remove it at the end of the night. If I make any mistake on my eyeline (which is always) I usually just wet a q-tip and clean it up... but this eyeliner leaves a red blotch or makes it look like my eyes are lined in redness. Not really my look.

Like I said, this review applies to the brown shade of this product. The other shades may be perfectly fine, but fellow pale people should steer clear of the brown eyeliner.

on 11/16/2010 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in black, and I gotta say...I LOVE it! I haven't experienced the flaking or smudging that other people have commented on. I've been on a gel liner lately, but this is my got to liquid liner (especially since my gel liner is running out)! It's easy to make a thin line and build it up. I typically set it with Sin City from Ulta (it's just a black with little blue sparkles) and it stays all day. It's deffinately a staple in my make-up bag, and you can't beat the price! Stays on just as well as my liquidlast liner from mac, but almost half the price. I would reccomend it to everyone I know.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My godmother bought this for me in gold two years ago. I love it! great color payoff. I want to try it in purple.

on 11/4/2010 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the best liquid eyeliners on the market. Beautiful, extra-ordinary and longlasting shades at affordable, reasonable prices. I own the one in silver grey which is very similar to MAC Superslick Liquid Liner (but almost at the half price!)

on 10/18/2010 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Have only had it two days. The packaging is sleek and comfortable. I like that it is easy to wipe of excess when you take the brush out - and i also like how easy it is to re-dip and wet the brush (which is firm and easy to draw with by the way).
What DID NOT IMPRESS ME was that having bought the brown, if i have to wipe off to redo something, it leaves a harsh red pigment behind onmy lid (probably sticking to my shadow). Also, after wiping and reapplying, i get a solid stinging sensation which really annoyed me - i can deal with it, but i am usually pretty good about thesse things. Someone sensitive might be really annoyed by that sting.
The color is fairly solid, but nothing exceptional.
I paid 13 bucks, but for a few bucks more or less, i am sure i could get something better at that Sephora in Ottawa.
Whatevs.

on 9/26/2010 10:32:00 PM

This is a really easy to use and long lasting eyeliner. I find it even easier to use than the felt tip liners. I feel like the color is more of a true black while the felt tip liners end up looking navy blue. I will continue to buy this even if it cost more than the drug store versions. I find that the drug store brand dry up quicker in the bottle.

on 9/1/2010 1:00:00 AM

Easy to draw a thick or thin line with the applicator. I also like the length of the eye liner so nearsighted chicks can get close to mirror without bumping the "wand" into the glass. At the same time, it's not too short either (unlike some other liquid liners) so I have great control over the applicator.

The formula is smooth without being too watery and it stays on my eye the whole day. I have no complaints it smudging. Great, affordable price at $10. My only complaint is that it takes a tad too long to dry BECAUSE of the amount of product that comes off of the tip. If Sephora could remake the tip so that it didn't "soak" up that much product, it'd get a five rating from me!

on 8/4/2010 2:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've been using this in "glittering black" for years... I love the control I have with the felt/foam tip... Unlike some of the other reviewers, I have no issues whatsoever with flaking... a TINY TINY bit of crease transfer after a long day or working up a sweat. By far the best liquid liner I've used. :)

I have this in Green.

It's really nice, green without being GREENGREENGREEN. It's a nice green. It's stays reasonably long. Draws quicker than eg, Revlon but slower than some eyeliners. The applicator is perfect. Draws a thin line, but if you're good with liquid eyeliner (haha I hate brag, but..) then you can be more creative with it. Over all I'm very happy with this.

on 7/23/2010 3:18:00 PM

The application part is great as it is very easy to use and I loved how thin it was. And during the days I wanted a thicker line it was also easy to create. But that's about all I liked with this eyeliner. Took a long time to dry, and after only a couple of hours I find black eyeliner flakes under my eyes. Then, when I try to remove those they just smudge all over the place resulting in making my under eye bags look dark so I have to wash it off and re-apply concealer. And when it gets all flaky under my eyes I find a disconnect in my eyeliner and I have to re-apply that too. Some days it works fine and I don't find smudges or flakes. I think that if you apply thinly and not having to line more than twice then it stays on more. But this eyeliner is just inconsistent and awful!