November 23, 2014 | 1512 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Amazing Grace cologne

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Jill70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this for my 9 year old daughter Grace. I couldn't be at an event she was performing at one night, so I got her this so she could cover herself with "amazing-ness" before she went on. It worked - she was able to play that night. So, it's a lovely scent for an innocent little girl without being overly sweet. For her pushing 40 mother? No thanks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by wiccawonder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This fragrance is nice. However, I had a bad experience when I smelled it on a smoker and I totally turned me off to it. Before that experience happened I always got compliments when I wore this fragrance. However this does not last long at all and layering it as suggested by the QVC gang does not help. Also a lot of people wear this and I like to be an individual with my fragrances.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by plimpkins503

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So this is what you wear if you want to smell like pears. Spray it and it is completely the smell of a can of pears. I like pears but for eating not smelling and I will pass on this one plus it is $$$$$$$ just way beyond!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by cookiemonmon

i've been wearing this scent everyday for 9 months now? i love it! it's a really nice floral scent that's light and fresh, unlike some scents that are really floral and strong smelling. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this mostly everyday. I just recently purchased Philosophy's falling in love and have been alternating the two. Great product and I always get compliments on "my smell".

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by SageWisdom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing Grace is lovely if you like clean, fresh, light, soapy scents. It has a light feminine musk scent w/ mild citrus base notes.
I have read reviews on The Q, Sephora and MUA that say the Spray Fragrance do not seem to have a good holding power. I would say the contrary, because the clothes in my laundry hamper and my coats always smell like a combo of Amazing or Pure Grace which are my signatures that I rotate as my mood dictates.
If you want to give it a try, check it out on QVC b/c of their return policy. For me, Philosophy did it right on Amazing Grace.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by stephrsteph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite scents. Very light and clean, not overwhelming.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 2:02:00 AM More reviews by michkal

I have mixed feelings about amazing grace. It seems from the description that it would be a great fragrance. I have heard people say that they wear this to work in hospitals because it is so inoffensive. On me, it has a sharpness to it that does not fade as it stays on my skin. Worth a try if you like out of the shower type scents, but this was not it for me.EDIT: I am increasing my rating from a 2 to a 4. I had a chance to smell this again and really like it. The first time I might have used the eau de parfum. This time I have the spray cologne, which is light and pretty. Doesn't last long, but worth it for a light scent. Sephora sells a half ounce spray to take with you if you need to refresh throughout the day. I would purchase again. EDIT 4/2011 I'm still wearing this, and it's become my favorite. I now think it lasts all day because I get complimented when I feel it has faded.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love Love Love this perfume...I get compliments on it wherever I go...from total strangers...I DO agree however, that you have to spritz it throughout the day. I do it in the morning and once mid day...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by brandyalexander

I'm a big fan of this scent. It's light and fresh, not overwhelming at all. I bought the small bottle, and I keep in in my purse so I can reapply whenever. I do wish the scent lasted longer. About halfway through the day I feel it starts to fade. Next time I purchase, I'll try the eau de parfum instead of just the spray fragrance.