August 22, 2014 | 1930 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by thegirl123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this powder in the shade Honey, because on the website, it looked like my shade, and for the tinted moisturizer, Honey was a perfect match. And it was only $1! When this product came, however, it was too dark for my skin tone. I noticed that the powder seemed red, or orange. The packaging wasn't very nice, and the powder wasn't packed tightly into the compact, making it very dusty and messy. I would not carry this in your purse, unless you want to clean it afterward. I would not mind the packaging so much if the actual powder was satisfactory, which it was not. I guess my biggest complaint about this product was the color, and how it was VERY red-toned. If the shades has been right, then maybe this would have bee a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by ImaJedi

The Salicylic Acid breaks me out EVERY time. Decent coverage, but it's too harsh on my acne-prone skin. Will never use again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by rimmela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ivory is orange. Looked like a nice mattifying powder, but cannot be used at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by ggmarsfan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was actually excited to try out this product. Unlike some other people, who said this product was too orange for them, I found a shade (Honey) which blended in well with my skin. Unfortunately, this broke me out...badly..so yeah, I just dropped this one in the nearest trash can.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

*) Great price
*) Brightens face
*) Minimizes pores
*) Ugly packaging
*) Pitiful sponge - use your own brush / sponge
*) Natural looking
*) Mattifying - especially if you put a finishing powder on top of it
*) My skin dries up if I use it too much in a day. One touch up is the max.
*) It's my HG for daily activities but for special occasions I'll reach for something else for a more luxurious finish
*) Just try it on - for the price you won't be wasting much. If this powder suit you, you'd feel like winning a lottery!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

I purchased this to leave at my office in my desk for touch ups. It's a nice creamy powder. I got 2 colors. Light Beige is chalky on me, and it's not a perfect color match. I also got Honey which blends perfectly into my skin, it's a tad too dark, but doesn't look chalky at all. So the color choices are not great for me at Target. I fall in between the two colors. This powder is very soft and will not work for me in the Summer heat to control oil for sure. I don't like the idea of mineral oil and petrolatum on my skin since my skin is already very oily. For a dollar....Not bad, but also not wowed either. Moving on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by sammycansing01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this product for a buck at Target and it's alright. I sort of wasted my money but it will make my liquid foundation look not so liquidly. I got the color Light Beige and I realized it was too light but I blended it out. Doesn't really show up that well either. I will definitely NOT buy this again. Instead, I will buy a better quality product like Mac Studio Fix or Mac Mineral Skin Finish Natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Brightredcrayon

I bought this product on a whim, because I needed something to set my concealer. I was about to pass by the ELF aisle at target, and picked it up for curiosity's sake. I have to say, I'm pleasantly suprised! It gives pretty good coverage, without looking orangey. I have it in light beige, because the only other shade at target was spice, and it was too dark. Light beige is a little bit too light, but it looks okay. It certainly doesn't keep oil in check for long, so this powder is reserved for normal-dry skinned ladies!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by babaysoot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got 2 shades of this, Rosy beige and Honey. Rosy Beige was a perfect match and I use it to set my foundation. My skin was glowing, not shiny. Honey was too dark and I only use it when I get tanned. I have pink undertones and would definitely recommend Rosy Beige as a wonderful match.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by barblekay

Oh my gosh! This powder is ONLY $1 , so cheap for such decent pressed powder!
But it works so well on me. I was so hesitant to buy it because I read a lot of reviews saying it's too Orangey for the skin. However, last time I went to Target, I grabbed it anyway and tried it the next day. I have to say I am NOT disappointed. For reference, I am NC30 and the color light beige is just PERFECT for my skin. It leaves my skin so matte and soft looking, quite natural in a way. I don't find it orange like other people said.
However, I don't personally think it does its job to "clarify". The powder does not do anything to my pimples as it's supposed to. All it does is to cover them up, that's it, not healing or clarifying.
Overall, if you're looking for a good coverage powder, go for this one. This is the 4th day I'm using it and I don't think it breaks me out ( my skin is extremely sensitive). It's soooo cheap too which is a great plus.
I'm so impressed with E.L.F products. They're awesome. If this powder did clarify my skin and if I could, I'd give it a 1000 stars and keep on purchasing it...probably forever :)