October 20, 2014 | 1999 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by mistiff1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At a dollar a piece you can't get any cheaper. I bought the lightest color and it matched me perfectly. It did flake alot at first but when I began using Too Faced Pouf brush it didn't flake at all. Coverage isn't all that great but it is a pretty good mattifier.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by brianharr123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really like this...I use just on my nose and on the sides of my nose....takes the shine away and cuts down on redness

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by thegirl123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this powder in the shade Honey, because on the website, it looked like my shade, and for the tinted moisturizer, Honey was a perfect match. And it was only $1! When this product came, however, it was too dark for my skin tone. I noticed that the powder seemed red, or orange. The packaging wasn't very nice, and the powder wasn't packed tightly into the compact, making it very dusty and messy. I would not carry this in your purse, unless you want to clean it afterward. I would not mind the packaging so much if the actual powder was satisfactory, which it was not. I guess my biggest complaint about this product was the color, and how it was VERY red-toned. If the shades has been right, then maybe this would have bee a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by ImaJedi

The Salicylic Acid breaks me out EVERY time. Decent coverage, but it's too harsh on my acne-prone skin. Will never use again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by rimmela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ivory is orange. Looked like a nice mattifying powder, but cannot be used at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by ggmarsfan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was actually excited to try out this product. Unlike some other people, who said this product was too orange for them, I found a shade (Honey) which blended in well with my skin. Unfortunately, this broke me out...badly..so yeah, I just dropped this one in the nearest trash can.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

*) Great price
*) Brightens face
*) Minimizes pores
*) Ugly packaging
*) Pitiful sponge - use your own brush / sponge
*) Natural looking
*) Mattifying - especially if you put a finishing powder on top of it
*) My skin dries up if I use it too much in a day. One touch up is the max.
*) It's my HG for daily activities but for special occasions I'll reach for something else for a more luxurious finish
*) Just try it on - for the price you won't be wasting much. If this powder suit you, you'd feel like winning a lottery!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

I purchased this to leave at my office in my desk for touch ups. It's a nice creamy powder. I got 2 colors. Light Beige is chalky on me, and it's not a perfect color match. I also got Honey which blends perfectly into my skin, it's a tad too dark, but doesn't look chalky at all. So the color choices are not great for me at Target. I fall in between the two colors. This powder is very soft and will not work for me in the Summer heat to control oil for sure. I don't like the idea of mineral oil and petrolatum on my skin since my skin is already very oily. For a dollar....Not bad, but also not wowed either. Moving on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by sammycansing01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this product for a buck at Target and it's alright. I sort of wasted my money but it will make my liquid foundation look not so liquidly. I got the color Light Beige and I realized it was too light but I blended it out. Doesn't really show up that well either. I will definitely NOT buy this again. Instead, I will buy a better quality product like Mac Studio Fix or Mac Mineral Skin Finish Natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Brightredcrayon

I bought this product on a whim, because I needed something to set my concealer. I was about to pass by the ELF aisle at target, and picked it up for curiosity's sake. I have to say, I'm pleasantly suprised! It gives pretty good coverage, without looking orangey. I have it in light beige, because the only other shade at target was spice, and it was too dark. Light beige is a little bit too light, but it looks okay. It certainly doesn't keep oil in check for long, so this powder is reserved for normal-dry skinned ladies!