October 21, 2014 | 1485 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by goshelbyjo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Duration- I have been using this scrub off and on for about 5 years. (My mom has used the fresh face one for a decade)

Price- $5 = no problem (Tip: Walmart brand "Equate Beauty" has the generic product for half the price. Trust me, it's exactly the same.)

Packaging- Absolutely no complaints

Smell- Just like apricots. Nice and fresh.

Formula- Definitely for exfoliating with the grittiness, but not too rough.

Intended Purpose- Once daily use to rid the face of dead skin and clogged pores.

Results- Fresh, soft feeling face with noticeably clean pores.

Other- It's oil and paraben free, which is a plus.

Conclusion- I can see myself repurchasing this forever. There's just nothing that comes close to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by ButterflySami

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best scrub for the money! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by shengqix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The beads are very irregular, it feels harsh scrubbing it on my face, i feel like i'm just tearing my pores with the irregular edges of the natural apricot beads... but it does clean my skin very well without any harsh chemicals. it doesn't take away all the oil from my face, but it leaves my face feeling clean!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by lizrocks8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

First of all, many people complain that this scrub is too harsh and can cause damage to your skin. The trick is to VERY GENTLY scrub your face with this in circular motions.
It's not a great scrub. I've used better ones but it's reasonable for its low price. It has a very strong smell which I don't really like and after about two weeks of use the lid broke off. I have severe acne, acne scarring and very oily skin but I'm currently taking doxycyline. I use this in the shower every second night (very gently) and when I apply makeup the next morning my skin is very smooth and supple. I do like that is has some acne controlling ingredients but I would probably recommend this to someone with very mild acne and oily skin. If you have sensitive or dry skin, do not use this product. Go for something with small, evenly sized beads or even an AHA or DHA mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by bonbon1281

Awesome product! I've already repurchased this many times over. I have an oily T zone and do break out at times along my jaw line and especially my chin and this product helps to deep clean my face from any oil, sweat, and makeup and makes my skin feel "aaaahhhhh".

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by lalagnet

The best product I've ever bought! I used to have acne all over my cheeks and chin and after I started using this I saw how my skin changed completely, I'm in love with this product and I get excited every time I get to use it ( cause you can't use it everyday) it's already in my holy grail list and I will definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by pinktarte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is to harsh for my face. But I use it on my entire body prior to applying self tanner and it is excellent. I apply it to damp skin and really exfoliant my body well. It great for prepping skin for sunless tanning. The generic drug store version also works well.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by minkidiva

This product is ok, when I use this it makes my skin feel soft and smooth but I don't think it helps that much with acne as its suppose to. I've changed my skin care regimen and include this I've stop wearing foundation on a daily basis just on special occasions now I only wear just powder and my skin is the same. I use to use this every day then I started to use it as recommended on the package 3-4 times per week. I will continue to use this before bed because it removes make up and dirt, but I will look else where to heal my acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by hennessssy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

AMAZING! I have oily/combination skin. Right? Right. I use this every morning & night, & my skin feels so smooth & my acne is going away. I used this for a super long time, then I decided too stop for some dumb reason, & my face completely broke out! Came back, within a night, half my face is gone in a good way! People complain about the size of the grains/exfoliaters/balls, but that's an EXTRA for me! Don't be a pussy, it does well for your skin & I recommend it too every one except those w/ sensitive skin! HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Noregro

I've been seeing some good reviews on this so I decided to see what's so good about it. I've been using this for about a couple of months now, which is how long the tube can last. At first I fell in love with the product, the smell was wonderful, and I felt refreshed right after I used it, however as time went by, it wasn't so special anymore. I felt as if my skin got used to it and the scrub stopped fighting against my acne. Maybe it was just my skin itself, but I wouldn't buy this product again.