July 22, 2014 | 2365 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Addict Lipstick

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2005 5:18:00 PM More reviews by ilec

I got to try these only because I got it with GWP, it was a sample size with a lip brush, I have it in color 489 and 427, a beige and pink color. Compared to other lipsticks, I guess this would be better but it smells lip old age lipsticks. It reminds me of RMK lipsticks in sheer. I'm normally not a lipstick person but more of a lipgloss person coz it gives a much better effect and stands out more. So at such a high price, I probably won't get the full size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2005 11:40:00 PM More reviews by SBMD

The packaging of these lippies resembles a mini Addict fragrance bottle; so it's unique in that way. The lipstick though is wonderful. I have 384, Rose Scenario, which is a pretty pale pink that's ideal with nude or clear gloss and smokey eyes and 484, Lunar Brown, a perfect creamy pinky peachy brown that I wear almost everywhere. There's a slight rose scent but it doesn't bother me as it disappears a few minutes after I apply it. I will be getting more of these.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2005 2:23:00 AM More reviews by cathylan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had Dior Addict in Rose Energy and I loved it! This had been my all-time favorite. (I have 30+ lipsticks/lipglosses but I used up this one!). The color was so pretty, the lipstick was so moisturizing and had a subtle shine. I'll definitely buy Addict again, but probably in another shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2005 3:56:00 AM More reviews by lilcub72

It goes on smooth and the darkroom brown looks natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2004 11:23:00 AM More reviews by edawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the Ultra-shine and I LOVE it!!! Its creamy and just the right amount of glitter!! They have so many pretty colours and though the staying power is not really there, I love to re-apply it b'cos the packaging is really so pretty :)

I dont really notice a scent and I do agree that the glitter tends to stick around LONG after the colour has faded.. but thats fine with me, cos I just look like I have a clear lipgloss with glitter on. It is also very moisturizing. I can still feel the effects long after the colour has faded with lunch :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2004 1:39:00 AM More reviews by bairn

Oops, sorry, I somehow managed to delete instead of edit my old review, so this is the same one... again. These are the kind of lipsticks I imagined in my pre-teens all the lipsticks of this world to be. Well-pigmented and creamy, but not too heavy. Scented and with the right amount of shimmer to create the illusion of fuller lips. This lipstick won't bleed or dry my lips out. The coat should last you through your coffee but not through your meals. While the packaging is rather pompous, as you'd expect from Dior (think miniature Addict bottle), I find it quite handy.

Any downsides? First, a shimmery residue will remain even after all the color is gone - and there's just a loooot of shimmer (in some formulas). Second, the rose scent is strong. While it's not as potent as with Chanel classics, it still bothers me a bit. And the colors could do with some improvement, too. Nonetheless, a really good buy.

Edit: The new Ultrashines are sheer and a bit lighter, but similar. They also retain much of the creaminess and the moisturizing factor. Just in case someone is having trouble deciding between the two :). continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2004 2:33:00 AM More reviews by farfala0504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am deffinitely an ADDICT Fan! Wow! This is probably the most luxurious lipstick that I have ever owned. I discover it accidentally while browsing in Sephora & trying on different brands.

I got the #484 Lunar Brown; Which is a great Pinky-brown lipstick, complements my light Asian skin tone ( most pinks wash me out) but this one looks beautiful & natural, goes with everything.

The texture of this lipstick is really great: comfortable& creamy, light, great pigment, & the perfect amount of gloss!

The packaging is so eye catching & spells luxurious all over it. Will deffinitely buy these again, I am thinking of getting these in different colors. A MUST HAVE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2004 9:51:00 AM More reviews by appleqn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having been a lipgloss gal all along and gradually trying (and loving) Armani lipsticks, I have to say that Christian Dior's Addict lipsticks come a very close second! The texture is just awesome, goes on really light and slightly glossy - it also moisturises lips (as much as I love MAC lipglasses, they are too sticky for dry, unexfoliated lips). I actually prefer the texture of the Addict lipsticks to the (also much hyped) Chanel Aqualumiere lipsticks. Addict lipsticks also offer the right amount of pigmentation, not too sheer either and that glossy look is just eyecatching in a subtle way. However, I really dislike the scent (tearose, I think?) as one reviewer mentioned, reminds me of my mom's lipsticks in the 80s. The packaging is futuristic and definitely an attention grabber but I prefer sleeker ones (again, Armani!). Would gladly repurchase and look forward to trying out more of the colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2004 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Kittikat1231

LOVE IT! Dior has done it again! this time with a BEAUTIFUL lipstick. Not only dose this lipstick last for quite awhile, have a gourgous shimmer no matter what shade,have a very nice suble sent, the packageing is BEAUTIFUL! i love how it says,"DIOR" along the side of the tube! I own many of these and my mother simply loves click coral! love this BUY IT !! very cheap only $22

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2004 10:26:00 PM More reviews by PrincessLina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I was shopping at the Dior counter, I originally wanted to buy just my newly adored J'adore perfume in order to receive the free gift package. When I was about to pay for J'adore, I could not resist the Dior Addict packaging. The gentleman at the counter picked out #454 Rose Projecteur for me and told me I would look gorgeous in it. I was a bit hesistant about plunking $22 for a lipstick even though I had bought a tube a Chanel lipstick before. I gave in and right away put it on. I fell in love with it not only because of the color but because of how smoothly it goes on and wears really well (and almost smells like candy). It is the best tube of lipstick I own so far, even better than my Chanel lipstick in my opinion. Heads turn when I wear the color. I love it!!!