December 20, 2014 | 1785 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Keyra89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I been using this for months I use it everywhere. feet,hands, body, legs everywhere makes so soft. made my rough feet smooth. and it does wonder for my hands especially since I wash my hands 24/7 because of my job. and I found the 13 oz for 6 bucks at walmart double the size i used to get for 8 or 9 bucks at cvs or walgreens. best moisturizer for me and my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cheap (1.75 euro/150 ml jar) cream does what it promises, which is to moisturize your skin. It does not do wonders like say, my HG, Ole Henriksen, but that was expected.

Does not break me out. I only use this in my face. The thickness of the cream is slightly disturbing since I like to layer my skin care and this moves the layers underneath.

The packaging mirrors the low price. Nothing fancy, but a sturdy metal jar.

What makes this product fab is the PRICE! I'm poor but I want nice skin! :D
My skin care philosophy is to use as mild and simple products as possible when it comes to cleansing and moisturizing, and then, baaam: aha, retinoids and all that stuff you know will work.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by INEM

This review is for the original Nivea creme in 200ml blue plastic jar, made in Germany version. I use this everyday all over my body and i'm sworn by it. The cream works wonder on dry areas such as legs and arms. I use it on my feet as well because I have really dry feet with callouses and the cream softens them. During summer when I wear sandals and can't be bothered with pedicure, i slather this cream on my toe nails and cuticles, it's very moisturising and makes my toe nails look very healthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by xglasgowgirl

Over the winter my skin has been terrible and my mum told me to buy this. i have been using this creme before bed every night and seen such a big improvement.(within a month) it does amazing things for my dry skin and paired with a regular skin care routine you will wake up with soft,glowing skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by stayintruetosoul

I just started using this the other day. I know it's supposedly old fashioned and unchanged, but I have say, this was Marilyn Monroe's cream, and I'm rolling with it too, as strictly a night cream, because it IS rich. I need to specify that I purchased the GERMAN version... which is different than what is sold in the states ... (from Mexico). It comes in a nice, retro blue tin, that I admit, is fun to use. But you have to dip your hand in, so wash them first! The price ... well, it's pretty cheap. I ordered it on Ebay for around 7 dollars. I love it. Yes, it has a fragrance, but it doesn't affect my skin at all, and I've definitely had to shy away from other fragranced moisturizers, because they burn. Not this stuff. It's soothing!

Now, I don't have acne prone skin, I have combination skin that is on the dry side. So this is good for me. If you have acne or have regular trouble spots, this is probably not the night cream for you. I'm in my late 30s, and I have taken a great interest in putting something on at night while I sleep after washing my face. The Nivea Creme sinks in slowly ... it definitely has a bit of "grease" to it, but when I wake up in the morning, my skin looks GREAT. It is soft and fresh. It almost glows. Silky.

People keep comparing it to Creme de La Mer. I can see why. First off, they smell slightly similar. I used CDLM for a tiny spell, and I found it to be even heavier than the Nivea cream, but it did feel luxurious. Really, their ingredients are about the same. I'd rather pay for the Nivea and continue to eat a healthy diet with antioxidants, than expect it all to come in a magic cream with exotic seaweed. I don't think CDLM is all that, I do believe this is a good substitute. But everyone's skin responds differently...

I guess it depends on what your'e looking for. Someone here called it old fashioned, but I don't believe facial creams, at their base, have changed all that much ... now we add all these other items to it... and create trends, like Vitamin C, Alpha Hydroxy, Vitamin A, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, retinol, retinoids, cucumber, and the big one now .. ARGAN is in everything. I don't need all that. I think diet is where you should find a lot of those ingredients, save for the alpha hydroxy and retinol items ...

SO ... if you're looking for a very rich and silky cream with a mild, pleasant scent, Nivea is a good one. If you want something light, with faster absorption, not so much. If you want fragrance free, don't get this.

Put it on after a steam bath, when your pores are open. It is even better for dry hands, cracked elbows, feet ...

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Retrohousewife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best moisturizing creme you can buy. This is better than all other expensive moisturizers. It really works. I use it in my face as a night creme. It moisturizing effectively without breaking me out. I usually have sensitive and acne prone skin and this doesn't bother it at all. I wake up with soft, smooth, supple, plump skin with no fine lines. My husband uses it too. It keeps his face free of wind burn and razor burn. I also use it as a lip balm, eye cream, hand cream, and makeup remover. It also comes in handy to put on feet in winter, heal wounds and minimize scars. I use it as a full body moisturizer. It is best applied to fully dried skin. It doesn't absorb as well on wet skin. This is a truly a miracle product. It smells lovely like lavender, rose, bergamot, and lily of the valley. It's not too strong. This is a true classic. It take a good product to still be around after 100 years. It's such a great deal for this multi-tasking product. I won't be without it. I carry a small tin in my purse, my travel bag, and my car. I always have at least two of the big glass jars at home. I use the formula that it made in Mexico. If you haven't tried it yet, go for it. It will change your life!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by kasabourin

I like this cream simply for the following : simple, eye catching packaging, its very light, fresh scent, the fact that a little goes a long way and the tub it comes in could last a whole year if you wanted it to, or maybe even longer. It soothes the areas on my face where i use a retin A product which causes redness dryness and slight burning/stinging/itchiness. Its a little on the greasy side though you have to make sure you use sparingly.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by madscientist01

I have rather troublesome skin. I tend to get oily, and am very sensitive (I get a lot of allergic reactions), but also dry and acne-prone. During the winter, I get reallllly bad dry spells. Bad to the point where my skin sheds what looks like dandruff on my clothes. Sorry, gross, I know!

I got this creme to help deal with this problem. The dryness was SO bad, I couldn't wash my face (it instantly reversed all my progress), and had to slather this on my face a good 10 times a day for a good 3-4 days straight. That did get rid of the dry spells, but the resulting breakouts were horrific.

Never use this on your face unless you're desperate like I was.

The packaging is quite unhygienic, and it was reasonably priced. However, I wouldn't buy it again. There are better things out there. Nivea's soft cream is waaaay better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by butterflybones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is magic in a tin - used for the right purposes, that is.

My first encounter with this blue tin came during a summer trip to China a few years ago. Despite the godawful humidity, my skin was suffering horribly from dryness thanks to a newly started regimen of Retin-A and a poor selection of what skincare products to bring on a trip. Out of desperation, I went to the nearest drugstore and bought the first familiar product: a small blue tin of Nivea Creme. It had a light, inoffensive smell, and a thick, almost hard texture that meant I had to swirl my finger over the surface to pick up the right amount. I applied it carefully, not wanting to trigger any breakouts, and when I found that my skin could handle it, I began rubbing it over my dry patches whenever they reappeared. Over time, the reapplications of cream grew less frequent as the Nivea helped my skin to retain moisture and repair the delicate barrier that the Retin-A had disrupted. After I returned from China, I gave the remainder of the tin to my mother and returned to using my regular skincare products. My Nivea story does not end there, however.

I recently began college, and the stress over finals broke my skin out HORRIBLY during the last two weeks before break, to the point where I was reluctant to see friends and almost never left the house. My skin was honestly probably at one of its worst points during this time. When I packed to go home for winter break, I decided I needed to keep things light and only brought back an AHA cream and jojoba oil for moisturizers. My daily skincare regimen consisted of washing my face with Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, then Paula's Choice 2% BHA Exfoliant and then jojoba oil in the day, or AHA cream at night. This simple regimen (along with less stress, good food, and lots of sleep) cleared my skin up immensely, but because I was applying the BHA exfoliant two or three times a day in order to lighten scars faster, and I was afraid to apply the jojoba oil too thickly for fear of breakouts, my skin started getting dry almost all over the place (a truly strange feeling for a girl who's had oily skin all her life). I didn't want to buy an all new moisturizer because I had both my regular and heavy-duty moisturizers back at school - and then I remembered this. The 1oz tin is convenient, slim, and SO cheap, and the formula is just as I remembered it: simple but effective. It won't remove dry patches permanently right away, but keep applying and it'll help moisture stay in and fix those patches. It's too sticky and hard to deal with as a formula for an everyday moisturizer in my opinion, not to mention the jar packaging isn't quite hygienic, but for a multipurpose heavy-duty fixer-upper, you can't go wrong with this stuff. After I get back to school, I'm planning on keeping this tin in my bag to fix any dry patches that pop up anywhere. If you end up loving Nivea Creme for all over, you can buy bigger size jars too, which is nice, but honestly this 1oz tin will last me forever if the last tin was any indication.

Additional info: My tin says "Made in Mexico". Honestly, I don't quite care enough to specially buy the German formulation online; the Mexican formula works just fine for what I need it for.
This stuff is also great on lips. I've been too lazy to get out/find my lip balm so I slapped some of this on, and whaddya know, I can't stop touching my lips. They look AMAZING.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

This creme is good for dry skin, but not great if you really hate residue like I do. I only use it as a hand creme because my face is too break-out prone for heavier moisturizers, but even on my hands, I wasn't a huge fan of it. It had a faint but distinct smell, which may bother some people, and worst of all, it left a oily film all over my hands that took a while to fully sink in. I didn't want to type on my computer or do anything that involved my hands because I wasn't sure if the residue would get everywhere.

On the bright side, it DOES instantly help against dryness. The blue, flat tin is travel-friendly and easy to deal with, whereas the price is unbeatable (I think I got the small tin for $1 or somewhere around there at the drugstore).