Origins Modern Friction

3.8

Aqueous infusion; rosa damascena (rose) flower; oryza sativa (rice) starch; sodium laureth sulfate; glycerin; cocamide mea; flycol disterate; acylates copolymer; pentylene flycol; polysorbate 20; essential oils (olea); citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot); citrus limon (lemon); cucumis sativus (cucumber); cinnamomum camphora (shiu); litsea cubeba; citrus aurantium (petitgrain); ocimum basilicum (basil); citral; linalool; benzyl salicylate; limonene and mentha piperita (peppermint), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice; scutellaria baicalensis; pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract; cucumis sativa (cucumber) fruit extract; textrahexyldecyl (vitamin C) ascorbate; butylene glycol; hexylene glycol; sodium cocate; caprylyl glycol; sodium sulfate; hydroxypropyl methylcellulose; sodium chloride; laureth-2; tetradibutyl pentaerithityl hydroxyhydrocinnamate; edta; disodium edta; trisodium hedta; methylchlorosothiazolinone; methylisothiazolinone; sodium benzoate; penoxyethanaol; titanium dioxide (ci 7789).

on 12/20/2010 7:21:00 PM

Love it, love it, love it. Can't live without it.

on 12/19/2010 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

Does a great job at exfoliating. Makes skin feel soft and smooth afterward. Not as harsh as other facial exfoliating scrubs.

on 12/12/2010 9:10:00 AM

great scrub, a little goes a long way. it makes your face feel baby soft. this scrub is gentle and does not hurt, i love the consistency, and the smell is wonderful. i use it about 2 times a week. my face was starting to get REALLY dry from the winter, and i couldnt wear foundation because of how much dry skin i had. this took care of it.it is pricy but it does seem like it will last you a while and that I will actually USE It. i have tons of other scrubs i just toss after years because they sat unused. i look foward to using this!

The first thing I want to say in this review is : I HATE scrubs. H. A. T. E...Every scrub I have ever used has broke my skin out..and left it irritated and dry (My skin is usually combo/oily and not easily sensitive)..This is the first scrub I have used that I actually find myself really looking forward to using. My skin is soft, smooth and slightly glowing (I don't use that word easily either!) for about two days after I use this. No breakouts, no irritation, just very happy skin! I find Origins products to be very hit or miss with my skin type but this is a HUGE hit! The only reason I don't give this a 5 is because I hardly ever give anything a 5, I'm hard to please.

on 11/18/2010 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I swear by this scrub. It really keeps my skin looking refreshed and smooth. I used it 2-3x a week and the lil tub has lasted for about 6 months. You have to use this dry first, and then add water to get a really good scrub going. I use this with the microdermabrasion pads afterwards, and it gets rid of my sun damage from my dumb teen years. I love origins!

I love love LOVE this, it is absolutely the best scrub I've ever tried.

You put it on dry skin, buff, add a little water and work it like a face wash then rinse.

I use it twice a week and my skin is baby soft.

I've heard some people don't like the smell but I think it has a subtle, natural lemon scent.

Not wildly impressed with the price (28 quid) but you literally need a pea sized amount so it lasts ages. My only complaint is that they switched the packaging from a tub to a tube.

on 10/27/2010 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I'm on the fence about this one. I was looking for a great face scrub awhile back before the Clairsonic and I went through a jar and a half of this over some time. I was satisfied with the exfoliating qualities. I liked the fact that it was natural and that there weren't any harsh ingredients that would damage my skin. I never got good results using the round bead exfoliating scrubs. I don't think it was the best thing I've ever used, but it was certainly leaps and bounds above using the old school apricot scrub. If I actually purchased a second jar, then I must have been somewhat satisfied.

on 10/23/2010 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I didnt hate this, but i didnt love it either. it is a decent scrub, but i prefer others. Not a bad price though and does last a fair amount of time.

on 10/20/2010 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

this product is a pretty decent microdermabrasion. it's not harsh. my skin feels pretty good after i use it. what i do not like is that they changed the package from a jar to a tube. that alone may cause me not to repurchase. i always feel like i never get all the product out of a tube. it must be applied to dry skin. it has a buffing effect. i like it well enough but again might not repurchase due to packaging and i think my skin responds better to the olay microdermabrasion product.

on 10/13/2010 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to use this scrub for a while, but I never finished it.

While it did help make my skin smoother, it wasn't a very noticeable difference. My biggest problem is that the directions have you use it after cleansing your face, and part of using the scrub is foaming it up, which further strips my face of moisture. This coming from someone who has oily skin, too.

I've had better results using something like PTR Anti-Aging Buffing Beads instead, or just some kind of AHA treatment 2-3 times a week. Overall, I just found this product mediocre.