October 22, 2014 | 1941 users online

Scrubs - Origins - Modern Friction

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by dumbdegenerate

I love love LOVE this, it is absolutely the best scrub I've ever tried.

You put it on dry skin, buff, add a little water and work it like a face wash then rinse.

I use it twice a week and my skin is baby soft.

I've heard some people don't like the smell but I think it has a subtle, natural lemon scent.

Not wildly impressed with the price (28 quid) but you literally need a pea sized amount so it lasts ages. My only complaint is that they switched the packaging from a tub to a tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this one. I was looking for a great face scrub awhile back before the Clairsonic and I went through a jar and a half of this over some time. I was satisfied with the exfoliating qualities. I liked the fact that it was natural and that there weren't any harsh ingredients that would damage my skin. I never got good results using the round bead exfoliating scrubs. I don't think it was the best thing I've ever used, but it was certainly leaps and bounds above using the old school apricot scrub. If I actually purchased a second jar, then I must have been somewhat satisfied.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didnt hate this, but i didnt love it either. it is a decent scrub, but i prefer others. Not a bad price though and does last a fair amount of time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by sll74

this product is a pretty decent microdermabrasion. it's not harsh. my skin feels pretty good after i use it. what i do not like is that they changed the package from a jar to a tube. that alone may cause me not to repurchase. i always feel like i never get all the product out of a tube. it must be applied to dry skin. it has a buffing effect. i like it well enough but again might not repurchase due to packaging and i think my skin responds better to the olay microdermabrasion product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by c2yoshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use this scrub for a while, but I never finished it.

While it did help make my skin smoother, it wasn't a very noticeable difference. My biggest problem is that the directions have you use it after cleansing your face, and part of using the scrub is foaming it up, which further strips my face of moisture. This coming from someone who has oily skin, too.

I've had better results using something like PTR Anti-Aging Buffing Beads instead, or just some kind of AHA treatment 2-3 times a week. Overall, I just found this product mediocre.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by sors

I have a love hate relationship with this product. It seems to work great, and I am happy with how my skin looks while using it. Yet I am not happy with this burning irradiated feeling I get while using the product. My skin looks fine after I wash it off, but when it is on my skin it has an itchy/burning feel to it. Honestly I will probably use the rest of this bottle but I doubt I will buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh man, I'm not really sure how I feel about this product. I have a full sized product in the old tub packaging as a buy two pack at Target (came with A Perfect World toner), and a small tube I got in a GWP when I bought a full-sized Checks and Balances face wash (LOVE that product).

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure the tub of product hasn't gone off... its so gummy, though the tube seems to have a similar consistency. Not a great first impression, eh?* The smell also seems funky, sort of like Hope in a Jar from Philosophy, which is a definite negative. Applying the product to your face dry is also a terribly unpleasant feeling. The scrub bits are huge and it feels harsh in comparison to what I usually use, which uses sand-sized particles for exfoliation. My combo/oily skin initially feels a bit dry after I wash it away, but does hydrate nicely again within a half hour.

So why am I willing to try using the rest of the tube? Because despite all the unpleasantness, my skin does feel soft and exfoliated afterwards. My night serum absorbs perfectly into my skin, and I wake up looking good. Will I likely buy it again? NO, because its hideously expensive and I hate using it. I think I can do better.

*I'll probably throw the tub away, since I'm convinced its gone bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I always, always, always come back to Origins for skincare. Always. I had been using Modern Friction religiously, several years ago, when I relocated to a place with no Origins counter. However counterproductive an attitude, I can't get over the fact that it's a bit ridiculous to drive 2+ hours for a "natural" skincare line. It's equally ridiculous to have it shipped all over the continent. So I spent the last 2.5 years searching desperately for a scrub that was as gentle as MF, that could be used almost daily, and was readily available. I found some pretty good ones, but not a one of them gave my skin the same amazing glow and softness that MF imparts. Since I recently moved to within 1 hour of the nearest counter, I decided to just suck it up and grab a pot. Hosannah! It not comes in a tube! My only stupid little complaint about it had been that the tub was annoying to operate in the shower and lo, it is resolved. So now I have my perfect scrub back, it's easily dispensed, my skin is thrilled, and I am totally going to get over the 1 hour cosmetic voyage, because this stuff lasts ages, anyway. Just a very small, pea-sized bit does it for me. Massage gently on dry skin, add water to froth, rinse and discover awesomeness. My face is so happy!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by stephanierenee

Works Great, makes skin smoother

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 5:11:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really loved this product when I first tried it at a mini-facial at Kit as I was so much more gentle than anything else I had ever tried. I bought the tub (I think it was about 75AUD which is quite exey!!!) and couldn't wait to take it home.
It was working well as I was trying to 'love my skin' while keeping up with exfolaition so that my congested skin would get better before my wedding. I had to step up my skin regime and ended up using acne creams and antibiotics. I found that this product started to burn on my skin using this combination. I think Differin makes your skin more sensitive things even if they are 'sensitive' formulations. Just depends on your skin I guess!
It comes in a tub - don't love it due to hygiene and ease of use issues.
This is never good in the eyes - it stings big time! It has lemon juice in it. Good for brightening the skin but def not for the eyes!!!
A little goes a long way and I think it works infinitely better. If you use too much of this product it feels really tights and dry on the skin. It also becomes a hassle to wash off if you use too much. I find it most effective after you have washed your skin in the shower after your skin has been slightly dried, this way you don't need to use heaps of product and lessens the burning/tight feeling. The right amount for my skin is about the size of my thumbnail.
This product has lasted a really long time and I use it regularly.
I might repurchase this again if it didn't cost so much upfront and it is also dependent on whether or not I need to use medicated acne creams.