January 27, 2015 | 1876 users online

Scrubs - Origins - Modern Friction

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by ThatGirlWithTheEyeliner

The first thing I want to say in this review is : I HATE scrubs. H. A. T. E...Every scrub I have ever used has broke my skin out..and left it irritated and dry (My skin is usually combo/oily and not easily sensitive)..This is the first scrub I have used that I actually find myself really looking forward to using. My skin is soft, smooth and slightly glowing (I don't use that word easily either!) for about two days after I use this. No breakouts, no irritation, just very happy skin! I find Origins products to be very hit or miss with my skin type but this is a HUGE hit! The only reason I don't give this a 5 is because I hardly ever give anything a 5, I'm hard to please.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Tuhreesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I swear by this scrub. It really keeps my skin looking refreshed and smooth. I used it 2-3x a week and the lil tub has lasted for about 6 months. You have to use this dry first, and then add water to get a really good scrub going. I use this with the microdermabrasion pads afterwards, and it gets rid of my sun damage from my dumb teen years. I love origins!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by dumbdegenerate

I love love LOVE this, it is absolutely the best scrub I've ever tried.

You put it on dry skin, buff, add a little water and work it like a face wash then rinse.

I use it twice a week and my skin is baby soft.

I've heard some people don't like the smell but I think it has a subtle, natural lemon scent.

Not wildly impressed with the price (28 quid) but you literally need a pea sized amount so it lasts ages. My only complaint is that they switched the packaging from a tub to a tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this one. I was looking for a great face scrub awhile back before the Clairsonic and I went through a jar and a half of this over some time. I was satisfied with the exfoliating qualities. I liked the fact that it was natural and that there weren't any harsh ingredients that would damage my skin. I never got good results using the round bead exfoliating scrubs. I don't think it was the best thing I've ever used, but it was certainly leaps and bounds above using the old school apricot scrub. If I actually purchased a second jar, then I must have been somewhat satisfied.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didnt hate this, but i didnt love it either. it is a decent scrub, but i prefer others. Not a bad price though and does last a fair amount of time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by sll74

this product is a pretty decent microdermabrasion. it's not harsh. my skin feels pretty good after i use it. what i do not like is that they changed the package from a jar to a tube. that alone may cause me not to repurchase. i always feel like i never get all the product out of a tube. it must be applied to dry skin. it has a buffing effect. i like it well enough but again might not repurchase due to packaging and i think my skin responds better to the olay microdermabrasion product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by c2yoshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use this scrub for a while, but I never finished it.

While it did help make my skin smoother, it wasn't a very noticeable difference. My biggest problem is that the directions have you use it after cleansing your face, and part of using the scrub is foaming it up, which further strips my face of moisture. This coming from someone who has oily skin, too.

I've had better results using something like PTR Anti-Aging Buffing Beads instead, or just some kind of AHA treatment 2-3 times a week. Overall, I just found this product mediocre.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by sors

I have a love hate relationship with this product. It seems to work great, and I am happy with how my skin looks while using it. Yet I am not happy with this burning irradiated feeling I get while using the product. My skin looks fine after I wash it off, but when it is on my skin it has an itchy/burning feel to it. Honestly I will probably use the rest of this bottle but I doubt I will buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh man, I'm not really sure how I feel about this product. I have a full sized product in the old tub packaging as a buy two pack at Target (came with A Perfect World toner), and a small tube I got in a GWP when I bought a full-sized Checks and Balances face wash (LOVE that product).

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure the tub of product hasn't gone off... its so gummy, though the tube seems to have a similar consistency. Not a great first impression, eh?* The smell also seems funky, sort of like Hope in a Jar from Philosophy, which is a definite negative. Applying the product to your face dry is also a terribly unpleasant feeling. The scrub bits are huge and it feels harsh in comparison to what I usually use, which uses sand-sized particles for exfoliation. My combo/oily skin initially feels a bit dry after I wash it away, but does hydrate nicely again within a half hour.

So why am I willing to try using the rest of the tube? Because despite all the unpleasantness, my skin does feel soft and exfoliated afterwards. My night serum absorbs perfectly into my skin, and I wake up looking good. Will I likely buy it again? NO, because its hideously expensive and I hate using it. I think I can do better.

*I'll probably throw the tub away, since I'm convinced its gone bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I always, always, always come back to Origins for skincare. Always. I had been using Modern Friction religiously, several years ago, when I relocated to a place with no Origins counter. However counterproductive an attitude, I can't get over the fact that it's a bit ridiculous to drive 2+ hours for a "natural" skincare line. It's equally ridiculous to have it shipped all over the continent. So I spent the last 2.5 years searching desperately for a scrub that was as gentle as MF, that could be used almost daily, and was readily available. I found some pretty good ones, but not a one of them gave my skin the same amazing glow and softness that MF imparts. Since I recently moved to within 1 hour of the nearest counter, I decided to just suck it up and grab a pot. Hosannah! It not comes in a tube! My only stupid little complaint about it had been that the tub was annoying to operate in the shower and lo, it is resolved. So now I have my perfect scrub back, it's easily dispensed, my skin is thrilled, and I am totally going to get over the 1 hour cosmetic voyage, because this stuff lasts ages, anyway. Just a very small, pea-sized bit does it for me. Massage gently on dry skin, add water to froth, rinse and discover awesomeness. My face is so happy!!!