October 24, 2014 | 1708 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Gel Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

So, I put a 3 for price. Here's the thing - these pots last forever. So I think that $22 for a product that will last for months is a fair price.

I am never content with products. Even when I find one I like, I compulsively try new products. With gel liners though, I've never found one I've been happy with until now. I vehemently disliked Estee Lauder's, which is funny since EL owns BB, and bought this one after seeing the MUA reviews. My mom and I had seen a special on BB a few months ago and I had been curious about her cosmetics since. I signed up for her deal alerts, she finally had one and I used it as an excuse to get the Black Ink/Black Mauve combo.

That done - really happy with this and no urges to buy gel liners since I got it. The duo thingy I got came with a mini brush that doesn't look like it should work, but it does for application. It won't apply a super thin line, but will apply a nice line (and I never do a super thin line anyway). For fun I put it on at night, let it set, then RUBBED my eyes. It held up really well. I had to wet a tissue and scrub a bit to get it to start coming off, which for a non-waterproof product is great. Also, it doesn't flake off which was my problem with the EL gel liner.

Also applies well with the Sonia Kasuk (I think I destroyed that spelling) brushes at Target. Going to experiment with some others as well, will update if I find another good one.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by yuenloklok

I was so miffed when I got this at first. It just kept smearing on my eyelids.

Then I found out how to make this last longer (thanks to gossmakeupartist). After applying the liner, I pull a tissue apart and dab it onto the eyeliner.

Warning: this method takes the shine and intensity off the liner, but at least I don't have to toss this out before I finish using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by RehamArfaj

Love love love

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by maddiemaia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have this eyeliner in several colors. I love it, it lasts forever, and it's not terribly expensive. All of the colors are interesting and subtle. It stays on all day but comes off pretty easily even without makeup remover. Best eyeliner I have ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is so great!
Pros: Lasts all day long and into the next, jar is full of product and last forever, doesnt smudge or migrate under any circumstance, price is higher then normal but you will never use it all.
Cons:Need a good oil cleanser to remove, the jar dries out after a few months with more then half left with everyday use seems like a waste I can never use it all in time!
This stuff this honestly the best eyeliner I have ever tried. Great value with poor packaging, wish they would find a way to seal it better. Be sure when you use it to close the lid in between dips of the brush so that it wont dry out as fast. I find that method buys you an extra two months of use! Grade A stuff, if you havent tried it you must if you dont mind using a brush to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by KirRoyal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this eyeliner in Black Ink and in Ivy Shimmer Ink. Both of them were purchased at the same time about a little more than a year ago. And for the first 10-11 months both shades performed excellent: really long wearing, non-smudging, easy to work with liners. Gel formula is brilliant for being creamy yet it sets fast. Any style of line is achievable.
However, when I applied Black Ink this week, I was in for a very unpleasant surprise - my unmoving, non-smudging eyeliner smudged all over my face, creating an ugly panda-eye. And I haven't even touched the line! My eyes naturally get wet sometimes, which is why I originally went for a long-wearing formula. And it never let me down before that last week. I tried it once more, and the outcome was still the same: the liner didn't dry completely.
I think it's not as much as the product's fault, or my fault, or the packaging fault, it is that you're not supposed to use this eyeliner for more than 12 months, and once that time is out - you should just though it away, even if the plenty's left. Which is surprising, I've never come across a product that changed dramatically right after the expiration date.
My Black Ink started smelling funny, and the quality changed.
Bottom line is: great product for the first 11-12 months, but needed to be changed to a new one immediately after.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by beautifulthings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have chocolate shimmer and denim ink. It seems to me that the quality depends on the formula of the colour; chocolate shimmer goes on beautifully. It's smooth, creamy and a lovely colour. I would definitely recommend it.

The denim ink, on the other hand seems to be a drier formula and does not go on so easily and has a tendency to flake while I'm using it. I find if I go slowly and draw in small segments I can get a straight line, but the blue particularly drags. I'd be interested to try the other colours, such as caviar, and see how well they apply.

Both of them seem to last well during the day and I've not had any problems with smudging, but then I only use it over the top lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by mrubatino

This is my favorite gel liner. Some people have complained that it dried out quickly, but not for me! It has lasted so well over time. It glides on so easy and creamy, doesn't flake or wear off (except on water line a little bit). The black shade is so nice and rich. I LOVE IT!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Bjet

Not long wear! So disappointed. Smudged and faded in about an hour on my trip to Hong Kong. Going to have to return this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2012 5:57:00 AM More reviews by renaphuah

Had high hopes, was using MAC Blacktrack before. This Bobbi gel liner is just bad. It flakes after a few wear and I always ensure that the lid had been screwed and closed properly. So disappointing for the price tag. Will g back to MAC, why cant they match the quality? Both brands are owned by Estee Lauder.