April 19, 2014 | 1574 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Gel Eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by clemon

My long search for long wearing, non-transfer, easy to apply eye liner led me to this Bobbi Brown eye liner. But sadly, the search doesn't stop here. Yes, it is easy to apply. Yes, it is long wearing. But no, it is most definitely NOT non-transfer. It went on everywhere on my lower lash line with in a couple hours of wear...and i got into the habit of carrying around a small bottle of makeup remover and couple of q-tips to get rid of them from time to time. Not the most ideal situation. But I know that it works wonders with my friends so it's probably just me. Nonetheless, not gonna repurchase...still wondering what i would do with rest of it...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by nkar23

i LIVE for bobbi's gel eyeliners. theyre high quality, pigment stays true, last forever on the lids, blendable/spreadable, and they last forever. what more could you ask for?! kinda pricey but theyre worth it, IMO. i have the jet black color and the shimmery brown one, forgot the names now. the makeup salesperson will try to get you to buy the accompanying brush, and i did - but i really love it and i think they work well together.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Mrsriah

Its ok u r just paying for the name. Mine dried out within a week

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by jeonglebook

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This gel liner is the first gel-type eyeliner I've ever used. The packaging is decent and the product doesn't dry out. The sephora saleswoman told me that the eyeliner "should be waterproof," which isn't true. I have oily lids and it does stay on for the most part, but its starts slightly smearing at the watery outer corner of my eyes. It also starts flaking within an hour of application, and some of it falls into my eyes and makes them itchy. This is an okay one, it mostly stays, it's really black, and it's easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 4:05:00 AM More reviews by sunnyfuusunflower

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awesome product! Goes on smoothly, highly-pigmented, and has staying power. No smudging either. Highly-recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by lxGossipGirlxl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product!!
It is so smooth and creamy and pigmented, plus it stays on ALL day without smudging at all or transferring onto your whole lid. its super easy to put on and i use this everyday!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

ive been using this for many years now. i own 3 pots & i bought the bb brush for it. its amazing, goes on smooth, great color payoff, no fall out, no smudging and last all.day.long. my pots are not dried out either.

(TIP: please dont even think about substituting this for the maybelline version. its more of a cream and is awful. i tossed mine out within the week.-total waste of money).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by LHARTWICK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't understand all the rave reviews about this product. I've had the jar for about a month, and it's already drying out. It worked great at first - glided on smoothly and stayed in place all day. Now I have trouble getting it to go on smoothly. And by the middle of the day it's already flaking off. I will not repurchase, especially for $22! I have 2 jars of the Maybelline gel eye liner and it's far superior compared to the BB - and a third of the price!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by modpodge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Liked this eyeliner when I first bought it -- once I got used to the extra time and effort it took to apply with brush, it stayed on all day. However, after about 6 months the gel started to dry out - it's been less than a year, I have at least half of the pot left (despite using on upper lid every day), and it's totally dried out and unusable. Unless you plan to use tons of this in first 6 months before it dries out, I wouldn't recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by 8ubble6umpink

I was very excited to try this wonderful products after watching it in qvc. I ordered the combo on black and black shimmer, it came with a travel size liner brush as well. It was amazing at first (I've never tried gel liners before) and I decided to go crazy and buy a brown one and a blue one. Well, I had them for the first 6 months and the brown one and blue one were dry! Could not glide them in my eye anymore, on the pot they were cracked, awful! I did store them upside down (which to me sounds nuts, but whatever!) I never left them open for long, I didn't even used them everyday. The SA at a Nordstroms told me "tough luck! the usually dry out". I was like ?? I paid $22 for something that will not even last me a year (connoting on that it was plenty of product and I don't wear makeup everyday). To me thats nuts! Maybelline gel liners are a good choice for more affordable and durable product. Don't waste your money unless you are planning to use it up in 6 months.