Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

3.5

This does have a really strange odor. Its kind of indescribable. I've been using this since the beginning of high school (probably for about 7-ish years?) because my mom used it. I like it. I use it as a setting powder and I think it does the job well. I've never tried any other loose powder yet but I'm considering trying the E.L.F. high definition powder because it is said to the the Makeup Forever dupe. My sister used to use this and she didn't like because she said it felt heavy. I don't feel that way...I still use it almost everyday actually. I will most likely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool

Loving this loose powder, I've been searching for a good loose powder since spring is coming and I can't afford to have heavy liquid on my face. Mine is in the shade translucent sable there don't seem to be many reviews on this shade for some reason. Yes the packaging is horrid and I can tell the lid will eventually break and the sifter needs work but I'm willing to work with it, also this color for some reason has shimmers in it that surprised me because I was expecting it to be matte for a product claiming to give a natural finish. Lastly, for others that are complaining of a medicine like smell, they must not read packaging because it plainly says that it has Noxzema ingredients. All in all, I love this stuff and makes my skin look wonderful. Go try it!

Love this powder i use it after my clinique superbalanced, and it give me a really natural finish!! the combination its perfect, im so happy because after 10 years trying to find something that i like.. i finally did it! i didnt know that CG ill give me this final touch.. PERFECT! love it, and i lov the smell!

on 3/23/2011 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Fine and does the job. Smells like baby powder though. When used over my liquid foundation (or tined moisturizer on the good days) gives a nice matte finish. The smell surpasses after application. Powder puff included. I prefer this to pressed powders.

on 3/23/2011 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really smelly powder. I wish CG would re-vamp it like they did their other products (keep it the same just take out the smell). I do think though that the smell eventually fades and everything's fine. It's a fantastic setting powder but it still has a pink undertone. I have since switched setting powders (to WNW's finishing veil).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this when rite aid had a sale. I decided to give it try since it was on sale. I got 115 and its pretty good. I like to set my makeup and its light not too thick or chalky. it does have a weird smell to it. I dont like to use the applicator they give you though. I use my own flat mineral powder brush.

on 3/18/2011 2:09:00 AM

I used it alone til last December cuz I didn't need much coverage. I had this in Translucent Medium 115. It did a great job at keeping my face shine-free for up to 6 hrs. HOWEVER!!!! It broke me out like CRAZY! I got under-skin as well as gross fat zits one my forehead within a couple months. Also, it settled over my concealer (Fresh Complexion in Creamy Natural 620) and my under-eye area looked crepey. Plus the application was messy.
I switched over to Fresh Complexion Pressed Powder in Creamy Natural&am very happy to say that my skin's clearing up.

I love this to set my foundation with. I used it alot last summer, and I recently found it in my closet with some other makeup, and I am definitley using this again. It sets my foundation so nice, and gives a little coverage as well. Keeps oilies at bay. I wear 115 and if I run out, I will buy again. It is so affordable! The smell isnt bad either.

on 1/13/2011 8:51:00 PM

I love this and I have bought countless packages of this stuff! I've been setting my foundation with it for years! It is cheap enough (I go through powder in about 6 weeks) and the color is light enough (105) and matches my yellow-toned skin very well. I don't mind the scent. I guess I'm just used to it. I don't use the puff, but a powder brush, which I think does a better job anyway. Over all, this is a great setting powder for a great price!

on 1/1/2011 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Will soon be opening my third package of this. I own it in 105 Translucent Light and use it to set my tinted moisturizer or foundation and to give myself a nice matte finish. The smell is awful, but it dissipates. Just a nice loose setting powder. I wouldn't use this for coverage unless you wanted something SUPER sheer.

Recommended for Normal Skin