October 2, 2014 | 1135 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2006 12:10:00 AM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a good moisturizer for my very dry winter skin. I bought this after seeing the rave reviews here. The product has an excellent list of ingredients and the price is good (around $15). However, I found this to be adequately moisturizing for daytime use but too thick and greasy to wear under foundation. Unfortunately, it was not moisturizing enough for use at night, as I was dry and tight in the morning. It did not irritate my skin and the smell, though noticeable, is inoffensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2006 12:40:00 PM More reviews by kedves

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Horrible for my normal to winter-dry, senstive skin. This, like most of the Alba Botanica moisturizers, contains stearic acid. I've since found out that this ingredient triggers immediate but long-lasting acne reactions in my skin with red marks that last for months. If you don't respond badly to this or some of the other potentially acne-causing ingredients in the Alba creams, this would be a good one. It has a lovely texture, is moisturizing, and like all the Alba Botanica products, smells wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2006 5:46:00 AM More reviews by minanmi

For the price, a great product! Snapped this up at a Whole Foods after being recommended it by a friend, and after using it for a week, my skin is already clearer and brighter. Packed with antitoxidants, this cream goes on really thick, but soaks in pretty quickly. The price for this product, $15, isn't bad given what's in it; will most likely buy again.
UPDATE: found after long-use this product made my forehead an oil slick while my cheeks never felt quite moisturized enough. Not a bad cream for the price, but there are better creams out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2005 12:09:00 PM More reviews by xtinaxtina

I've been using this for about 5 days, morning & night. My skin is very dry (from Accutane) & for a while jojoba oil was doing the trick. When my dosage got upped, my skin got drier & the jojoba oil couldn't handle it (though I still highly recommend it for more normal dry skin conditions). Based on the reviews here, I went out & bought this. It's fantastic! My skin feels velvety smooth & wonderful! And the effect lasts, too, unlike some moisturizers where my skin feels parched after a few hours. It's quite thick so it comes in a jar, but I'm ok with that. My only fear is breakouts, but everyone seemed to be saying that hadn't been a problem. I'll update if anything changes, but for now I think this is a really great product! And cheap & natural, too!**UPDATE** 1/6/06 This is a little heavy for under makeup, but nothing else is giving me the moisture I need, so I'm sticking with it. I can't say enough how well this is working for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2005 10:08:00 AM More reviews by canipej

I am so happy to find a moisturizer that I can use long term. My skin is very sensitive and reacts to almost anything. I've tried Clinique, Burts Bees, Aubrey and a lot of other brands, but this one doesn't break me out and actually moisturizes. Unlike other reviewers, I love the scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2005 4:56:00 PM More reviews by bertrambabe

i have used this product for 2 weeks since reading about it here and i really think i like it--no miracles to say yet-- but i just know i am doing my skin a favor by giving it dmae, alpha lipoic acid and vitaman c ester!!--these three things are to my knowledge only avaliabel in uber-expensve dr perricone. i like the way it makes my skin look--it seems like my pores are smaller...and i think my skin has lost some of it's hyperpigmentation --i hope it is not a "figmentation" of my mind! two weeks using alba and all i can say this is a superior product ingredient list for the price (14 99 whole foods georgia). I really think i will see benefits long term from this stuff--i have pretty dry skin i can use it twice a day---if i put it on at night--i wake up a little dry- can you believe that!? most people i dont think will have this issue. i have used creme de le mer in the past but i have real doubts as to their "treatment" part of the product--and sooo x pensive. i want to always moiusturize but especially treat my skin to age fighting goodies! the only other thing i have to say is this: and it may be IMPORTANT: I have been using a sample of kiehls vitamin c cream on my wrinkle spots and especially on the lip -- the wrinkies on lip have improved alot in two weeks--the only kicker is i started using the kiehls c stuff the same day almost as the alba--so maybe a combo wrinkle effect or just the kiehls or just the alba but one way or the other you know what i am using and i am seeing wrinkle results on my lip line for sure. kiehls gave me two smaple packets, i am still on the first one. a great way to MAX your sample packets is to just use a pin and prick a teeny hole in it....alba is in a jar, no big deal i dont mind it it is medium creamy, and on dry skin, it goes a little fast...my jar by using it night and day and sometimes a little in between will last me probably 4 months, 5 months tops EDIT/UPDATE--i am into my 2nd jar of this stuff it does not last as long as i thought-- using 2x a day, i'd say 1 jar lasts 2 months tops-- anyhow-- the featured picture on MUA shows a tube, but i am writing about the sea plus renewal creme that comes in a green plastic jar--anyhow---i am out of the samples of the kiehls vitamin c cream and i still am impressed with this product my pores are smaller and my redness/hyperpigmentation is very improved. --mild/medium redness, has been i'd say totally negated. good stuff, i am scared this wont last at this price

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2005 4:42:00 PM More reviews by LovingMe830

A Wonderful hydrating moisurizer for night use. When I don't use Green Cream I use this at night (for last 2 weeks) and my skin is silky-smooth in the AM. It's a great winter moisturizer for dry skin!
-Great price $10.50 for 2 oz-
EDIT: Had some bad Break-outs' with contnued use of this..I used it up on my Feet/ankles and NO I will not be re-purchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2005 10:47:00 AM More reviews by erindrennan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Edit: it is still a lovely moisturizer but just wasn't cutting it for skin anymore. So unfortunately I dropping the rating.

Thank you girls!!! I have the driest skin in the world and lately it has been so sensitive. I could use a moisturizer and for a week it would be alright and then I would need to put it on every few hours. This stuff is amazing. I love the way it smells and especially the way it feels. It has improved my complexion amazingly well. I was really happy to see it had the ingredients touted by Dr Perricone without the massive price!! Completely lovely and I have had no breakouts or bad reactions to it! Update: Still a wonderful lotion and moisturizer but my skin seems to be ok with it now, in other words, not as moisturizing...back to the drawing board.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2005 11:08:00 PM More reviews by christy22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Am I missing something? The smell of this is so overwhelming I almost didn't want to use it - like a bottle of Acqua de Gio, and after using it for a few nights, I would wake up to dry flaky skin. I don't think anything else in my regimen is doing it b/c otherwise I am just using Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash and a Prescreptives moisturizer.

Also, I got two big pimples as a result!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2005 6:21:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Love this cream! It's my new, winter-time night treatment. This is a wonderfully thick, soothing cream with a fresh, 'ocean breeze' kinda scent (not strong but definitely present). Very emollient--I warm it up between my palms and massage into my skin after heavy-duty exfoliation and wake up to amazingly soft, velvety skin. No greasiness at all. I have combination skin with a tendency to dryness in the cooler months and this really moisturizes without clogging my pores or causing breakouts. Comes in a simple, green jar (this is very thick so I don't think a tube would've worked well) and costs about 12 USD for 2 oz. Very good deal as you only need a little bit at a time. Would definitely repurchase.