Alba Botanica Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

3.9

Not tested on animals

Ingredients Purified water, certified organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, glyceryl stearate SE, vegetable glycerin, aleurites moluccana seed oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, sorbitan stearate, stearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, polysorbate 60, dimethicone, sorbitol, certified organic simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, stearic acid, squalane, sodium PCA, allantoin, alpha lipoic acid, DMAE, polysorbate 20, extracts of spirulina maxima (algae), ulva lactuca (sea lettuce), laminaria digitata (kelp), chondrus crispus (irish moss) and macrocystis pyrifera (kelp), citrus grandis (grapefruit) fruit, cucumis sativus (cucumber) seed, arnica montana flower, anacyclus pyrethrum root and camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extracts, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, potassium sorbate, sodium hyaluronate and fragrance (parfum).5/23/09

on 2/23/2006 2:23:00 PM

Best moisturizer I've tried in a long time! I swear it's given my skin a lovely glow and minimized my pores. I use this most nights and once in a while I'll use it during the day if I know I won't be in the sun. I can see how the marine scent would be off-putting for some, but I've grown to like it. Perfect for the dry winter months.

on 2/5/2006 9:17:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This certainly has some nice ingredients in it for the price, but I could see it was starting to clog my pores and I had to stop using it. I tried to use it up as a body moisturizer, but I found I just could not stand the overpowering smell and the greasy feel of it, so I had to throw it away. I'm really not pleased with this at all in the end, no matter how much I wanted to like it.
The ingredients list as written in these reviews is incorrect. The ingredients are stated incorrectly on many websites, including the place I ordered it from, but here is the correct listing, as written on the package.
INGREDIENTS: Certified organic aloe barbadensis and lavandula angustifolia juices, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), certified organic persea gratissima (avocado) oil, glyceryl stearate, vegetable glycerin, aleurites moluccana (kukui nut) and macadamia ternifolia oils, sorbitan stearate, emulsifying wax, dimethicone, mangifera indica (mango) butter, sorbitol, certified organic simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil, steryl alcohol, stearic acid, squalane (olive), NaPCA, allantoin, alpha lipoic acid, DMAE, echinacea angustifolia extract, sodium hyaluronate, L-ascorbic acid, organic marine complex: chondrus crispus (irish moss), dermochlorella (algae), enteromorpha compressa (algae), laminaria digitata (kelp), macrocystis pyrifera (kelp), spirulina maxima (algae) and ulva lactuca (sea lettuce), certified organic camellia sinensis (green tea) extract, phenoxyethanol, methyl/propylparaben, botanical fragrance. continued >>

on 2/1/2006 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I was looking for a good moisturizer for my very dry winter skin. I bought this after seeing the rave reviews here. The product has an excellent list of ingredients and the price is good (around $15). However, I found this to be adequately moisturizing for daytime use but too thick and greasy to wear under foundation. Unfortunately, it was not moisturizing enough for use at night, as I was dry and tight in the morning. It did not irritate my skin and the smell, though noticeable, is inoffensive.

on 1/8/2006 12:40:00 PM

Horrible for my normal to winter-dry, senstive skin. This, like most of the Alba Botanica moisturizers, contains stearic acid. I've since found out that this ingredient triggers immediate but long-lasting acne reactions in my skin with red marks that last for months. If you don't respond badly to this or some of the other potentially acne-causing ingredients in the Alba creams, this would be a good one. It has a lovely texture, is moisturizing, and like all the Alba Botanica products, smells wonderful.

on 1/7/2006 5:46:00 AM

For the price, a great product! Snapped this up at a Whole Foods after being recommended it by a friend, and after using it for a week, my skin is already clearer and brighter. Packed with antitoxidants, this cream goes on really thick, but soaks in pretty quickly. The price for this product, $15, isn't bad given what's in it; will most likely buy again.
UPDATE: found after long-use this product made my forehead an oil slick while my cheeks never felt quite moisturized enough. Not a bad cream for the price, but there are better creams out there.

on 12/27/2005 12:09:00 PM

I've been using this for about 5 days, morning & night. My skin is very dry (from Accutane) & for a while jojoba oil was doing the trick. When my dosage got upped, my skin got drier & the jojoba oil couldn't handle it (though I still highly recommend it for more normal dry skin conditions). Based on the reviews here, I went out & bought this. It's fantastic! My skin feels velvety smooth & wonderful! And the effect lasts, too, unlike some moisturizers where my skin feels parched after a few hours. It's quite thick so it comes in a jar, but I'm ok with that. My only fear is breakouts, but everyone seemed to be saying that hadn't been a problem. I'll update if anything changes, but for now I think this is a really great product! And cheap & natural, too!**UPDATE** 1/6/06 This is a little heavy for under makeup, but nothing else is giving me the moisture I need, so I'm sticking with it. I can't say enough how well this is working for me.

on 12/22/2005 10:08:00 AM

I am so happy to find a moisturizer that I can use long term. My skin is very sensitive and reacts to almost anything. I've tried Clinique, Burts Bees, Aubrey and a lot of other brands, but this one doesn't break me out and actually moisturizes. Unlike other reviewers, I love the scent.

on 12/19/2005 4:56:00 PM

i have used this product for 2 weeks since reading about it here and i really think i like it--no miracles to say yet-- but i just know i am doing my skin a favor by giving it dmae, alpha lipoic acid and vitaman c ester!!--these three things are to my knowledge only avaliabel in uber-expensve dr perricone. i like the way it makes my skin look--it seems like my pores are smaller...and i think my skin has lost some of it's hyperpigmentation --i hope it is not a "figmentation" of my mind! two weeks using alba and all i can say this is a superior product ingredient list for the price (14 99 whole foods georgia). I really think i will see benefits long term from this stuff--i have pretty dry skin i can use it twice a day---if i put it on at night--i wake up a little dry- can you believe that!? most people i dont think will have this issue. i have used creme de le mer in the past but i have real doubts as to their "treatment" part of the product--and sooo x pensive. i want to always moiusturize but especially treat my skin to age fighting goodies! the only other thing i have to say is this: and it may be IMPORTANT: I have been using a sample of kiehls vitamin c cream on my wrinkle spots and especially on the lip -- the wrinkies on lip have improved alot in two weeks--the only kicker is i started using the kiehls c stuff the same day almost as the alba--so maybe a combo wrinkle effect or just the kiehls or just the alba but one way or the other you know what i am using and i am seeing wrinkle results on my lip line for sure. kiehls gave me two smaple packets, i am still on the first one. a great way to MAX your sample packets is to just use a pin and prick a teeny hole in it....alba is in a jar, no big deal i dont mind it it is medium creamy, and on dry skin, it goes a little fast...my jar by using it night and day and sometimes a little in between will last me probably 4 months, 5 months tops EDIT/UPDATE--i am into my 2nd jar of this stuff it does not last as long as i thought-- using 2x a day, i'd say 1 jar lasts 2 months tops-- anyhow-- the featured picture on MUA shows a tube, but i am writing about the sea plus renewal creme that comes in a green plastic jar--anyhow---i am out of the samples of the kiehls vitamin c cream and i still am impressed with this product my pores are smaller and my redness/hyperpigmentation is very improved. --mild/medium redness, has been i'd say totally negated. good stuff, i am scared this wont last at this price

on 12/17/2005 4:42:00 PM

A Wonderful hydrating moisurizer for night use. When I don't use Green Cream I use this at night (for last 2 weeks) and my skin is silky-smooth in the AM. It's a great winter moisturizer for dry skin!
-Great price $10.50 for 2 oz-
EDIT: Had some bad Break-outs' with contnued use of this..I used it up on my Feet/ankles and NO I will not be re-purchasing.

on 12/9/2005 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Edit: it is still a lovely moisturizer but just wasn't cutting it for skin anymore. So unfortunately I dropping the rating.

Thank you girls!!! I have the driest skin in the world and lately it has been so sensitive. I could use a moisturizer and for a week it would be alright and then I would need to put it on every few hours. This stuff is amazing. I love the way it smells and especially the way it feels. It has improved my complexion amazingly well. I was really happy to see it had the ingredients touted by Dr Perricone without the massive price!! Completely lovely and I have had no breakouts or bad reactions to it! Update: Still a wonderful lotion and moisturizer but my skin seems to be ok with it now, in other words, not as moisturizing...back to the drawing board.