October 26, 2014 | 981 users online

Blush - Stila - Poppy Convertible Color

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2004 3:04:00 AM More reviews by sassywriter

I really do like this product but I'm not in love with it. I'm an MMM with yellow/beige tones and it seems like mostly PPPs and LLLs favor this. I love the nice red glow when I dot this on the apples of my cheeks but I think I'll go for something warmer next time. I love the case and the texture of the cc and if I don't find a better color I'll probably come back to Poppy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2004 8:53:00 PM More reviews by bunny207

Poppy is very similar to Rose, except that this is more red and Rose is more of a burgendy. Personlly Rose is much prettier.

As the convertible colors, the texture is wonderful. These are my favorite cream blushes!!!

Also, recently the price has gone down from $28 USD to $20 USD!!! What a great deal. Now, I hope the Lip Polishes go down too!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2004 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Debalina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect blush for the rosy glow. I have very pale skin and this looks amazing on it! If your skin is dry though, wear lots of moisturizer. I just dot my cheeks with this and it looks very natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2003 7:47:00 AM More reviews by leanan

A bit expensive, but it lasts a long time. Nice&natural shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2003 8:41:00 AM More reviews by SEAWEED

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful product, in a real pick-me-up colour.

In the compact this looks like a rich, deep red - I've found the most effective way to apply is to lightly press my fingertips onto the product then lightly dab it onto the apples of my cheeks - this gives a more natural look than rubbing it in.

The result on my medium-pale skintone is a beautiful rosy-cheeked flush of colour, pinkier than it looks in the compact, and giving possibly the ultimate just-got-in-from the cold look that is soooo pretty - I've only seen comparable results with Benefit's 'Benetint'.

On the lips the effect is equally pretty, especially when topped with clear gloss.

On the downside, this product doesnt seem to last too long - I need to reapply a few times a day, so I normally apply blush over the top (Bobbi brown 'Blushed' goes well), and I mean to invest in some translucent powder.

The price is extraordinarily high at 24, but the tiny amounts needed for an effect compensate for this. I've had the compact for several months and there's barely an indent.

Compact is cute (though not especially glamourous) with a useful mirror, but teh lid doesn't close properly sometimes and as such the product can get covered in a layer of dust / grime etc.

Overall then, if you are looking for make up to give a pretty, wintry effect that is bound to result in a few compliments, 'Poppy' would be an excellent choice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2003 2:41:00 PM More reviews by lolita_haze_hh

A little goes a long way! I think this is the more pigmented of all CC! A deep berry shade, it gives such a natural flush to the cheeks. Also great for lips when topped w/ gloss (like berry bold JT!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2003 1:10:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

I had this awhile back but I don't think I ever wrote a review for it.. so here goes. It's a deep red in the compact but goes on a sheerer cherry color that I apply sparingly on my cheeks - a little goes a long way! It looks really nice on the lips too btw, giving a bee-stung stain yet not drying my lips out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2002 12:40:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

The colour is a deep cranberry red, and when applied to cheeks gives the perfect rosy glow. Best to be be sparing with this product though, otherwise you might get undesirably jolly red cheeks. Looks nice as a semi-satin lipcolour, too. And of course, as with all Stila compacts, the packaging is just adorable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2003 12:41:00 AM More reviews by audmac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got the generous GWP size from Gloss.com. The tiny compact is SOO CUTE! I like the color better than the gerbera but its still not the best color for me. Looks like a bricky peach color not at all like the swatches on sephora or gloss.com. But it was free so I will shut up now :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2003 1:01:00 PM More reviews by kthibo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A little to dark/bright for me. But I love these blushes...the lighter shades are much nicer for me.