Stila Poppy Convertible Color

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Lanolin Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'abeille, Microcrystalline Wax \Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcrystalline, Octyldodecanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ozokerite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isononyl Isononanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, BHT. /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 34 Lake (CI 15880), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985)

on 8/11/2004 11:13:00 AM

I wouldnt buy this again only because the color wasnt that great for me (im already pretty rosy with freckles). Its a deep red in the compact but goes on a brighter pink color. If i use VERY little on my fingertips I get a good color from it. Looks great with a tan, might look clownish on pale skin.

on 5/27/2004 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love convertibles!

I got Peony in a GWP size in a swap and instantly went to get Poppy and Gerbera. (And want most of the others as well).

Poppy is a cool, deeper blue-based red. Use a light hand and it looks very beautiful and natural, and would suit warm or cool toned skin. Use a heavy hand and you'll look like a clown. This actually works very well on lips, almost moreso than cheeks.

Perfectly portable, can do lips and cheeks, the colour lasts, it's sooo creamy...and what a cute little compact!

Full size is $20usd for 4.25 grams and worth every cent.

on 4/21/2004 3:04:00 AM

I really do like this product but I'm not in love with it. I'm an MMM with yellow/beige tones and it seems like mostly PPPs and LLLs favor this. I love the nice red glow when I dot this on the apples of my cheeks but I think I'll go for something warmer next time. I love the case and the texture of the cc and if I don't find a better color I'll probably come back to Poppy.

on 3/8/2004 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Poppy is very similar to Rose, except that this is more red and Rose is more of a burgendy. Personlly Rose is much prettier.

As the convertible colors, the texture is wonderful. These are my favorite cream blushes!!!

Also, recently the price has gone down from $28 USD to $20 USD!!! What a great deal. Now, I hope the Lip Polishes go down too!

on 2/4/2004 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the perfect blush for the rosy glow. I have very pale skin and this looks amazing on it! If your skin is dry though, wear lots of moisturizer. I just dot my cheeks with this and it looks very natural.

on 11/4/2003 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

A bit expensive, but it lasts a long time. Nice&natural shade.

on 9/15/2003 8:41:00 AM

This is a beautiful product, in a real pick-me-up colour.

In the compact this looks like a rich, deep red - I've found the most effective way to apply is to lightly press my fingertips onto the product then lightly dab it onto the apples of my cheeks - this gives a more natural look than rubbing it in.

The result on my medium-pale skintone is a beautiful rosy-cheeked flush of colour, pinkier than it looks in the compact, and giving possibly the ultimate just-got-in-from the cold look that is soooo pretty - I've only seen comparable results with Benefit's 'Benetint'.

On the lips the effect is equally pretty, especially when topped with clear gloss.

On the downside, this product doesnt seem to last too long - I need to reapply a few times a day, so I normally apply blush over the top (Bobbi brown 'Blushed' goes well), and I mean to invest in some translucent powder.

The price is extraordinarily high at 24, but the tiny amounts needed for an effect compensate for this. I've had the compact for several months and there's barely an indent.

Compact is cute (though not especially glamourous) with a useful mirror, but teh lid doesn't close properly sometimes and as such the product can get covered in a layer of dust / grime etc.

Overall then, if you are looking for make up to give a pretty, wintry effect that is bound to result in a few compliments, 'Poppy' would be an excellent choice.

A little goes a long way! I think this is the more pigmented of all CC! A deep berry shade, it gives such a natural flush to the cheeks. Also great for lips when topped w/ gloss (like berry bold JT!)

on 2/28/2003 1:10:00 AM

I had this awhile back but I don't think I ever wrote a review for it.. so here goes. It's a deep red in the compact but goes on a sheerer cherry color that I apply sparingly on my cheeks - a little goes a long way! It looks really nice on the lips too btw, giving a bee-stung stain yet not drying my lips out.

on 10/23/2002 12:40:00 AM

The colour is a deep cranberry red, and when applied to cheeks gives the perfect rosy glow. Best to be be sparing with this product though, otherwise you might get undesirably jolly red cheeks. Looks nice as a semi-satin lipcolour, too. And of course, as with all Stila compacts, the packaging is just adorable.