April 20, 2014 | 1655 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by ddddggg

I love this matte lipstick from MAC. It's a neutral color, excellent if combined with a smokey eye. I like it a lot, because it does not give your lips a nude look.. I find nude lips a no-go. This color is beautifully mat, and accentuates a normal lip color.. Recommendable!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by benisas

I'm NC30 in the winter and C3 in the summer with mauvey, sometimes purpley, VERY pigmented lips and Kinda Sexy makes my lips a brighter and pinkier MLBB colour. I don't usually wear pink lipstick but this is nice! It is matte but I love matte as its understated. Anyway, it works to cover my pigmented lips and looks natural but somehow brightens your face!! I wear this with blushbaby from mac and its a natural, easy look when pair with tan pigment and some embark in the crease. I would definitely repurchase but my HG nude, MLBB peachier version is Revlon Almost Nude. I know it's a DS brand but that colour mutes out pigmented lips and looks REALLY good and brightens your face! Check out my review on that too. Kinda Sexy is *almost* HG status but its a bit pink still. I am looking to try Clinique's Blushing Nude for a true MLBB pinky-brown-beige. Overall, I like this and its great for an everyday natural look for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by sunnyisland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very natural nude peachy beige colour. Definitely warm toned. Colour wise, it didn't look nice on me. Under certain lighting, there are some peachy orangey undertones that don't flatter my skin. At other times, it appears as a neutral earth toned colour with slight orangey undertones. Formula wise though, it is lasting and I can still see it on my lips even after a meal. However, it can be very drying. Not recommended for people with dry lips. But one can apply some lip balm before applying this lipstick or apply a lip gloss over it. That should help. I probably won't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with what some of the other reviewers below have said: great shade to wear for a bride, great neutral, MLBB, etc. On me it's closest to pic #2 above. It looks like a peachy coral on me. I was surprised and wanted it to be more pink, but since I just bought 6 MAC lipsticks and 4 of them were pink, I am kind of glad this is more on the peachy side. It is a great neutral with a bit of oomph, as someone below said. I really like it and feel it may be my daily wear-to-work shade. I always wear glosses over my lipsticks, so that will combat any dryness this lipstick may cause. Wearing NYX Megashine smokey look gloss over this really intensifies the shade. I am happy I bought this and would repurchase!

EDITED TO ADD: Today I had on Kinda Sexy with no lip liner and with NYX lip gloss, and this lip color lasted through cocktails, cheese fries, and dinner! There was still lipstick left on my lips. I am impressed. I'm running off to the MAC website to buy more mattes!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by shawnab453

I LOVE this lipstick! I've never found a lipstick that looked good on me because I have very thin lips, but with some gloss my lips look natural and fabulous! Kinda Sexy is a nude pink and it is very sexy! It works with any look.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by MPBJAR

This looked so pretty in the MAC store when I was doing my recycling and picking up staples like Dervish. I didn't even bother trying it on (why oh why!I know better with MAC lip color, they always look so different on!) but when I tried it on, and then walked around with it on all the next day, I realized that it just went a weird dead orange on me. I have a tendency to really bring out orange and brown tones in lipstick and this really was bad. Shame. FYI, easily flushed NC20 skin, brown hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Sicely24

I noticed the MAC SA wearing this when she was helping me and I thought it was really flattering on her. So i tried it and fell in love with it immediately. We both had similar NC30-35 skin tone. She told me that she had wore it on her wedding day ....which is a great choice since this color quite natural. It just gives you a nude look with a oomph! Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

YIKES! This is just a dead-peach/pale orange color! (On me, at least...) GAH! I am definitely surprised, being an NC30 & thought this would look great on me. But.....I look like a corpse! This is the shade my lips will naturally be when I'm lying in my casket....LOL.
Not flattering in the least. This is going straight back.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by shortstuff87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEAUTIFUL LIPSTICK! I was afraid to actually try one of the mac matte lipsticks thinking that like other lipsticks it would be overdrying and look weird on me but it was the complete opposite. I love how my lips look. A wonderful color too seeing as I have very pigemented lips. I love this =)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by amenakin_skywalker

A MLBB nude-y pink colour that is subtle and very wearable with a number of looks, whether it's a super smokey eye or an everyday, natural look. I find that putting a gloss over it gives my lips an extra oomph :)
The texture isn't glossy or overly drying - it's matte and just blends into the lips perfectly. I love this lippy.