MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

4.2

on 6/6/2011 12:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

love this lipstick. when i first started buying MAC lipsticks i chose all the extra bright ones (snob, saint germain, lady danger) etc, but now i've realised that it's the more neutral shades that i actually wear. i recently got this lipstick in a swap and it's so flattering and lovely, a perfect 'my lips but better' shade as i have pigmented lips. haven't stopped wearing it since i got it! i'm probably NC20-30 at the moment thanks to a bit of fake tan but i still think it would look good even if i was my natural NC15! highly recommended.

on 5/14/2011 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definately not what i expected. it appeared to be a sort of nude pink colour but it pulls off as quite coral/orange (im NC25). However it is still a nude which is what i was aiming for but it is nothing special, it has no wow factor. Also because its a matte lipstick, some sort of lip conditioner needs to be applied first otherwise its hard to apply and looks awful. Another thing is that if you have dry lips it will look even worse with this lipstick. It is a pretty colour and ive tried to love it however when i wear it theres something off about it, it does something weird for my complexion. For those who were looking for a nude pink colour as i was, you should try modesty. they look almost identical in the tube but when applied modesty has more of a pink tone

on 4/30/2011 4:40:00 AM

is not a pinky nude color.. is orange.. make your teeth look yellow.. not what i expected.

on 4/21/2011 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I decided to try this lipstick after seeing the reviews/swatches on MUA. I am NC40 and this colour looks gorgeous. It really brightens up my face. Its not a nude colour but its subtle enough to work with smokey eye and is office appropriate. It actually makes my lips look plump and kinda sexy! The matte formula is drying and I usually stay away from it but I found this to be creamier than other matte formulas. I still need to put some lip balm before to keep it from making my lips look dry. I like this colour so much that I think I might wear it on my wedding day!
UPDATE: I did wear this on my wedding day and it was the perfect colour! It really flattered my face and made my lips look gorgeous!

on 3/21/2011 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Completely matte!
Pinkish Nudish.
Looks great on my NC30, yellow toned skin.
Have to exfoliate lips before using this, so lips look nice and smooth (but then again lips should be exfoliated before usage of all matte lipsticks).
Definitely my one of my favorite everyday lipsticks!

on 3/15/2011 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

If there ever was such a thing as a brightening nude lip colour, this would be it.

On me (NC37/40 neutral-yellow skin, pigmented lips) Kinda Sexy is a coral/peachy pink nude (I'd think an MLBB shade if my lips were less pigmented).

I love the shade, and the finish (matte) but being matte it tends to be drying. I still won't knock off a lipstick for that though because this problem is easily overcome by priming the lips beforehand with a lipbalm (rub lipbalm, continue with makeup, blot lipbalm with tissue and apply Kinda Sexy). Layering a lip primer underneath it should also help, as I have found MAC's Prep + Prime Lip to be helpful with preventing dryness and helping the colour stay on longer.

I get compliments a lot wearing Kinda Sexy so i will keep buying it for sure!

ETA: I'm on my 6th tube of Kinda Sexy. I just LOVE it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A great color on! On me it has a fleshy/coral/muted pink tone. The name really says it all.
The formula is very smooth and pretty creamy for a mate. That is kinda good!

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Good solid packaging, gorgeous color on asian/darkers skins. It really is kinda sexy! I am not a fan of lipsticks and prefer lipstains and glosses, but this lipstick is such a pretty color and goes on easily without overly drying my lips. I use it with a bit of gloss over the top to add some shine-but that's just a personal preference, I'm not overly fond of matt lipsticks- I feel like they make your face look older and your lips smaller.

on 3/1/2011 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I kinda love Kinda Sexy! It's my favorite lip color at the moment. I have pigmented lips and this is slightly brighter than my natural lip color, which is rosy-mauveish. My previous MLBB lip color was MAC Hug Me, but I realized it was leaning a bit brown on me so I started looking for a brighter MLBB shade. Kinda Sexy is a bit drying and accentuates dry lips due to the matte formula, so I wear lip balm underneath and top with NARS Chihuahua gloss on top. It's definitely less brown than Velvet Teddy and has some peach in it (but it's far from being salmon-y or orange). Compared to Brave, Brave is cooler and pinker.

I'm an NW15 with highly pigmented lips. I was hoping this would be a more 'nude' colour but it pulls quite orange on my lips and isn't particularly flattering. I can make this work by slicking a pink gloss over the top but it certainly isn't a nude shade for me. I have seen this look a beautiful nude lip colour on others, however, so if you have a similar colouring to me you may want to test it first. I am also not a huge fan of the MAC matte formula, though for some reason I seem to have accumulated a few. Nevertheless, it has excellent pigmentation and I can understand why this has good reviews - it's just not for me.

Popular Lipsticks