April 21, 2014 | 1073 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Tea Tree line

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2006 3:42:00 PM More reviews by jadelily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a sensitive, itchy scalp that gets worse in the winter. My hairstylist recommended this to me and I fell in love with it immediately! I love the tingling sensation my scalp gets, but best of all my scalp has improved so much. No more itchiness or flaking. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with the same type of scalp as me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2006 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Kelly99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo is fabulous! It helps quite a bit with my dry scalp and also doesn't leave behind residue in the hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2006 11:49:00 AM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think I just found my HG... I was a huge Biolage fan, however, I'm battling a mild case of seasonal dandruff and itchy scalp and thought I would give this a try. After using a dandruff shampoo for a while with no results, this one surprised me! Its not technically a druff shampoo, but tea tree is an antifungal and I've read that tea tree poos can really help.

I used this once and my flakes were gone!!! Not to mention my hair is the shiniest its EVER been (and I might add that my hair is quite healthy despite being coloured, its just scalp issues) and my hair is so SOFT!

I'm in awe. In shock really! I didn't expect it to be so AMAZING.

The only thing I'm rating it low on is the insane price. I live in Canada and its $15 for a 10 oz bottle :( However, with my results I DONT CARE!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2006 3:05:00 AM More reviews by phenobarbidoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i LOVE this shampoo. it instantly removed all of the product build-up i had so my hair was totally flake-free. it also has this tingling effect on the scalp which feels really nice. the price is very worth it. the only thing i'm not crazy about is the scent.. its very minty and i like really sweet smelling shampoos

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2006 1:21:00 PM More reviews by catsrsmarterthandogs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only shampoo I've found to leave a tinging sensation on my scalp. I've tried Ice Cap from Ghram Webb, and it didn't work at all....and some others. This is a grat cleansing shampoo, smells wonderful, feels nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2006 9:20:00 PM More reviews by dixiefaerie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the only product out there that gets rid of my dandruff/product buildup. I have extremely curly hair and I have to use a lot of gel and such to keep it frizzing. After a while, it builds up and leaves my head with scab and flakes. this product is amazing at removing the gross stuff and leaving my hair soft and not coarse. the conditioner is great too

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2006 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Hana_Lei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the shampoo & conditioner! Makes my hair smell wonderful for a few hours after showering.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2006 10:51:00 AM More reviews by dzsupan1

I bought this shampoo and conditioner following the tips here recommending it for dry scalp care. I am a bit disappointed. I have sensitive scalp that flakes especially with the change of seasons. This shampoo made it worse! It seemed to have a drying effect and I ended up making a desperate switch to Head and Shoulders Sensitive Care (which is pretty good but isn't perfect either..see review). The conditioner is waxy, weighs hair down and makes it sticky.
One redeeming quality if you are stuck with this and are fuming about the money you wasted: the shampoo is an excellent face and body wash, especially if you have acne prone or oily skin on your face and shoulders.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2006 7:14:00 PM More reviews by strapon

I've been using Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree hair products since I was 16. I am absolutely IN LOVE with them. I used to dye and fry my hair so much, and this really helped me grow it back out to be normal and healthy. I believe it has some anti-dandruff function, but not much. I know my scalp used to flake a little, but now it doesn't do it at all - I in no way had severe dandruff. This makes me hair shiney and manageable. If you're looking for a miracle, this isn't it. But if you're looking for a good, high quality, cleanser this is definitely a good option. I don't think this product is expensive at all for what it is, but then again, I understand that quality has a price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2006 9:26:00 PM More reviews by NikkiR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I decided to buy the tea tree line because I heard it could be good for dandruff. At first I loved this line. I loved the scent and the tingling sensation. The shampoo and hair & scalp treatment both worked great for about the first week. My dandruff drastically improved to the point it was almost gone but then suddenly this product line stopped working for me. I don't even feel the tingling sensation when I use it anymore. I am not sure why it stopped working. I thought maybe using the hair and scalp treatment along with the shampoo was overdoing it so I stopped using the hair and scalp treatment but it still doesn't work.

I hadn't really cared for the conditioner from day one. I don't really care for the smell. It doesn't smell as nice as the other two products in the line. It's nothing special for a condition either.