Paul Mitchell Tea Tree line

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Oleamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Mentha Piperita Oil (Peppermint), Melaleuca Alternifolia Oil (Tea Tree), Linoleamide DEA, Cocamide DEA, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone, Hedychium Coronarium Extract (White Ginger), PEG 12 Dimethicone, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41/3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone/Algae Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Lawsonia Inermis Extract (Henna), Simmondsia Chinensis Extract (Jojoba), Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract (Rosemary), PEG 12 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifola Oil (Lavendar), Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil (Wheat), Panthenol, Glycol Stearate, Polyquaternium 7, Tetrasodium EDTA, PEG 150 Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Limonene, Citric Acid, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

on 10/5/2007 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Whats weird is that before, I really wanted to like the tea tree line but Hated it. It made my hair dry and frizzy.

But recently, I'm able to use it with great results!!! I dont know what happened. Maybe my hair just changed??
I used to want the sleek straight look, so the super skinny line was great for me. But now I want a voluminous look, so I switched to tea tree. I like the tingly feeling. volme is medium, but doesn't really do much for volume as the "extra body" line does. But I really like the tingly feeling on my scalp when I use. Its a good everyday shampoo. I only use the shampoo tho. I think the conditioner isnt enough for me.

on 9/25/2007 2:28:00 PM

Okay, this was awesome for a couple weeks (shiny, bouncy, overall awesome hair), then it started to irritate my scalp. My scalp started to get kind of flaky and itchy, but I though "Huh? maybe it's just the weather change, it can't be my shampoo since it's supposed to TREAT an irritated scalp..." Fast forward another couple weeks, my scalp felt like it was on fire and was leaking puss from the hair follices. I had scabs all over my scalp before it occured to me that it was this shampoo that was aggravating my scalp. Doh! lol.. so I quit using it for a few months and my scalp slowly recovered.

So one day I feel like clarifying and think..."hmmm, maybe if i use it only once a while it won't be so bad." (i have a whole liter of it collecting dust...) NO NO NO, never again. I used it ONCE and my scalp was flat-out MAD at me. I even diluted it so it was only a pea-sized amount of shampoo in a cup of water. Again my scalp was covered with puss and scabs, but from just one shampoo. i don't know if it's the tea tree oil, or the peppermint (my scalp is fine with the SLS) but owowowow nope i will have to find some other way to use this up. Maybe use it for toilet cleaner or dishsoap? IDK.

The price is pretty good if you get the 2 liters for $35 deal. That's the only positive thing I can think of...

on 8/8/2007 11:12:00 PM

I use to have terrible dandruff until one day I was asked my brother's hairstylist, Felicia, to try out this product. I did not have much faith that it would clear my scalp of this pesky condition (which I was suffering from for many years) BUT it did indeed cleared my dandruff! I haven't had dandruff in over a year. =)

Edit (9-23-08): I don't think this a great product for those who have sensitive skin and scalp. I noticed it really made my skin dry out after a few months of washing with this shampoo.

on 7/6/2007 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

HG material for my entire family!! This shampoo is great for summer months, although my DH uses it year round. It has a wonderful, invigorating scent and removes product buildup. It is soothing to the scalp and feels a little tingly. I find it too harsh to use more than 1-2 times a week with my colored hair. We would never be without this in our shower. Worth every penny - a little goes a long way.

on 5/10/2007 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I loved the shampoo for the first few weeks, but then I noticed it was stripping my hair. Every time I remember using this I cringe.

on 4/21/2007 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

The thickening shampoo from this new line didn't do much for me. I've loved the Paul Mitchell conditioners in the past and thought I would try this shampoo, but it didn't really thicken or do anything except smell great.

I get the generic version of this at Sally's and it is very cleansing and has helped with any outbreaks of dandruff.

The products I am reviewing are packaged in white bottles and not green (for men). I love the shampoo in summer: it tingles and smells so fresh, I often use it all over the body too ... avoiding "delicate" areas! Leaves my hair super clean and does a great job of removing product buildup. Gentle on the scalp too, probably helped by the additional Lavender and Chamomile. I also like the conditioner although I need a leave-in product on the ends. It is a pricey brand, so worth looking for specials on the internet - some suppliers offer 2 for 1 or 1000ml bottles at a good price. Overall, a great line!

on 1/27/2007 2:13:00 PM

Gorgeously clean, medicinal (but still wonderful) minty smell.. is kind to my psoriasis patches, clears any dandruff, leaves hair in great condition. Could not recommend more highly. Just wish it wasn't so darn expensive.

I usually go the Hair Cuttery to get my hair done and the stylist that I go to uses Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Special shampoo and conditioner on my hair and it works great. After reading the majority of the reviews on this site, I decided to offer the name of a site that I use all the time where you can purchase hair products including this one "really cheap". The name of the site is: www.sheldeez.com(they're a salon in Virginia) I always order from them without any problems. Hope this helps out everyone who loves this product.

Top Rated Paul Mitchell Products