December 21, 2014 | 1902 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Quiche0805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was accosted by a Neiman Marcus sales associate this afternoon and the experience was not a pleasant one. I went into the store to try the shu uemura foundation, but I could not find a color match. I often fall between shades, so I was only mildly disappointed. The shu makeup artist walked me over to the Chantecaille counter & asked if any of their makeup would match me. The Chantecaille SA asked me to have a seat & said she would sample the colors for me, even though I did not ask her to do this. Sampling usually means applying a swatch of color to the jawline & blending to see if the colors match. Within a matter of seconds, she had applied Banana to one side of my face and Suntan to the other. The lighting in NM is HORRIBLE because the Banana made me look like a ghost & the Suntan wasn't much better! For reference, I'm an NC45/NC50 (depending on the formulation). Aside from the colors not matching, the finish of the foundation looked like a mask. Another SA thought the Suntan side of my face looked beautiful, but I was NOT a happy camper. I immediately asked the SA to remove the makeup, and when she was done I bolted out of the store & across the street to the Armani counter at Saks! I have tried dozens of foundations & Chantecaille goes on the long list of those that didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by DixieBrooks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just love this foundation. I use RAM and it is the only foundation that works with it. My skin looks very fresh and natural and feels light, like I am not wearing foundation. I do find that I get a slightly shiny T zone by midday but nothing that blotting papers can't fix.

I am a NW15/20 and use the vanilla shade and it gives me a lovely warm glow to my skin.

It is expensive but well worth the price tag in my opinion. I know a lot of people don't like the pot because of the hygiene factor but you can control how much you are using and so for this reason it will last a lot longer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay... I know this is supposed to be the "in" foundation right now but it really didn't live up to my expectations. First of all, this was the most I have ever spent on a single foundation ($68). So I was really excited thinking that my skin would look flawless and natural. I have combo/oily skin that is smooth. Within the first 5 minutes of applying this over my moisturizer, my skin felt reallllly dry which is unusual for me. Then only after 30min my skin was super greasy!!! I couldn't believe it. I don't know why this reacted with my skin in such a way. On top of the greasiness, my face looked like a mask. Everything was just weird about this foundation. I will be returning it. Too bad since I wanted it to work for me. Don't get me wrong, I do love chantecaille lip colors and shadows. Ill be going back to my good ol' Armani silk matte foundation :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this foundation at Neiman Marcus and wasn’t sure what to think of the results. At $68 for a small jar, I decided to get a sample first. SA was quite generous, gave me enough foundation to last a week.

Day 1 – Applied moisturizer and primer before foundation. Post foundation, I applied a super light coating of powder to set the foundation in. My face feels too slick, as if the foundation may slide off, though my face does not look greasy at all and I do not get the “heavy” feeling on my face. The foundation gets cakey around my fine lines. Coverage is quite sheer and redness still shows through.

Day 2 – Applied foundation on bare skin. Today, I skipped the primer to see what difference that may make – after all, the lady at the counter did say that no primer is needed with their fancy foundation. I also skipped moisturizer to see how this foundation holds on its own. The result is just OK – my skin is too dry to go without at least lotion under foundation but the dryness doesn’t really show – my skin appears matte and the tone is more even, but coverage is pretty sheer, as was yesterday with both moisturizer and primer. At the end of the day, I didn’t feel as if the foundation slid off, but in certain spots on my face, the foundation caked a bit.

Verdict: This foundation is not for me. I cannot use it without moisturizer because my skin is too dry, and this foundation does not do well with my moisturizer, so I'm parting ways with it. I believe that I could have found the perfect moisturizer to go with this foundation, but I'm not willing to do that because Chantecaille is too pricey to try and make it work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a fan of this foundation!! Although it is marketed more towards dry/mature skin, I have oily combination and just need a little bit of coverage in certain areas. This foundation gives just that, with a satin finish. If I want a dewey look, I don't have to powder on top of it and the color is true and the foundation stays all day. Or if I want a more made up look I can use any powder I want on top and it stays all day as well, no caking no flaking or creasing. It layers extremely well, that it takes the place of foundation sticks and medium coverage concealers, And in the summertime, I can dilute it with sunscreen or moisturizer and it doubles as a tinted moisturizer. It's such a great deal, the jar will likely last over a year for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by sbgold

I bought this in Alabaster. I apply it by using a q-tip to dot on my face and then blend in with a flat synthetic foundation brush. This approach provides medium coverage. This gel foundation is a bit thicker than a liquid and goes on more smoothly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Despite a lot of good press on this high end make-up, I possessed the good sense to get a sample jar before purchasing. Not that many matches for skin color, unfortunately. And my t-zone was an oily mess 3 hours after my application of the foundation. I'm finding that the anti-aging formulas has a good deal of moisturizer, and this is overwhelming for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by karen4

After reading alll the positive comments on MUA I thought I would try Future Skin even though at £50 it was almost double the price of the previous foundation I had been using! It did take me a while to get hold of it though, both my local Space NK and the London branch I visited were both out of stock of the colour I was recommended (Vanilla).
Anyway, it was worth the wait! It has such a light texture that looks like you are hardly wearing any foundation but still covers flaws, plus the colour was really good on me, my skin is pale but warm and a lot of other foundations have either washed me out, or been too dark.It also seems to improve my skin somehow. My only moan is the packaging, having to put your fingers in to the product is not very hygienic and if I take it in my bag when I take off the lid it is easy to spill.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by MaiTy

If I am having a "good skin" day, this foundation works well for me. If I am having a "bad skin" day, it doesn't give enough coverage. It doesn't camouflage my big pores as well as some other foundations. I also wonder if germs are multiplying in the foundation due to the packaging. (It is packaged in a tub). It doesn't have any oil controlling properties, so I need to use powder on top. The formulation feels nice going on my skin (it feels cool). You get a lot of product in the tub. I have been using it for 1 year & 1 month everyday, and I am only halfway thru the jar. It doesn't seem to break me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by JESSICA85

This is the closest that I have come an HG foundation and that is saying a lot for me I 've tried a number of foundations having the hardest time finding a color match for my med golden undertones, a foundation that didnt break me out, and that was FREE of sunscreen as I am allergic. For reference Im around nc35-40 depending on the time of year right now im about an nc37 and im using sand which is level 6 warm. The texture of this foundation is just heaven I find that I get the best application with my mac 109 which allows me to really buff in the foundation. I would consider this a med to buildable full coverage. The color match is great nice golden undertones, and best off all no breakouts. I believe this has an SPF of 8 which is provided by titanium dioxide which my skin is ok with. My only gripe is that to get the coverage that I like i do have to use quite a bit about a half dollar sized dollop and at $68.00 a jar its pretty pricey. After having wasted hundreds of dollars on foundations that are now stashed away or have been tossed this is definetly worth it. Although I have occasionally strayed I have come back to this especially after some other foundation has angered my skin, future skin always seems to calm it down. I am on my second jar, and I had the first jar for about 4 months, however I do not use foundation on a daily basis.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No