September 22, 2014 | 1019 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Despite a lot of good press on this high end make-up, I possessed the good sense to get a sample jar before purchasing. Not that many matches for skin color, unfortunately. And my t-zone was an oily mess 3 hours after my application of the foundation. I'm finding that the anti-aging formulas has a good deal of moisturizer, and this is overwhelming for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by karen4

After reading alll the positive comments on MUA I thought I would try Future Skin even though at £50 it was almost double the price of the previous foundation I had been using! It did take me a while to get hold of it though, both my local Space NK and the London branch I visited were both out of stock of the colour I was recommended (Vanilla).
Anyway, it was worth the wait! It has such a light texture that looks like you are hardly wearing any foundation but still covers flaws, plus the colour was really good on me, my skin is pale but warm and a lot of other foundations have either washed me out, or been too dark.It also seems to improve my skin somehow. My only moan is the packaging, having to put your fingers in to the product is not very hygienic and if I take it in my bag when I take off the lid it is easy to spill.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by MaiTy

If I am having a "good skin" day, this foundation works well for me. If I am having a "bad skin" day, it doesn't give enough coverage. It doesn't camouflage my big pores as well as some other foundations. I also wonder if germs are multiplying in the foundation due to the packaging. (It is packaged in a tub). It doesn't have any oil controlling properties, so I need to use powder on top. The formulation feels nice going on my skin (it feels cool). You get a lot of product in the tub. I have been using it for 1 year & 1 month everyday, and I am only halfway thru the jar. It doesn't seem to break me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by JESSICA85

This is the closest that I have come an HG foundation and that is saying a lot for me I 've tried a number of foundations having the hardest time finding a color match for my med golden undertones, a foundation that didnt break me out, and that was FREE of sunscreen as I am allergic. For reference Im around nc35-40 depending on the time of year right now im about an nc37 and im using sand which is level 6 warm. The texture of this foundation is just heaven I find that I get the best application with my mac 109 which allows me to really buff in the foundation. I would consider this a med to buildable full coverage. The color match is great nice golden undertones, and best off all no breakouts. I believe this has an SPF of 8 which is provided by titanium dioxide which my skin is ok with. My only gripe is that to get the coverage that I like i do have to use quite a bit about a half dollar sized dollop and at $68.00 a jar its pretty pricey. After having wasted hundreds of dollars on foundations that are now stashed away or have been tossed this is definetly worth it. Although I have occasionally strayed I have come back to this especially after some other foundation has angered my skin, future skin always seems to calm it down. I am on my second jar, and I had the first jar for about 4 months, however I do not use foundation on a daily basis.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by arodwhat

This stuff is AMAZING! First off, I do not wear any liquid or cream foundation all over my face, ever. My face is so dry and breaks out easily but at the same time gets really oily so it's always been difficult to wear any foundation besides my BE mineral foundation. When I go to get my make up done, the MUAs always have the worst time putting on foundation and are always so surprised by how flaky and gross my face becomes with it. It's a waste of time and embarrassing and it ruins my makeovers because I just got home and wash it off! Well, I went to the Chantecaille counter over the weekend and the MUA asked if she could put this foundation on me. I was skeptical and I said fine, you can try, but it's not going to be pretty...but it was! She used Porcelain on me. When I looked in the mirror, I was amazed at how smooth my skin looked. At $68, this stuff is not cheap. I was uneasy about spending so much on a foundation since I don't even wear it, but now, Future Skin makes me excited to put on my make up! I have been wearing it for the past couple of days with no break outs(and I break out easily!), and no dry, uneven looking makeup. It's just smooth sailing. I apply it the way the MUA applied it which is, gasp, with my fingers! I know that's a big faux pas (since I'm reviewing a French line I thought I'd throw a little French in there), but I actually think it applies better on my face that way. I use a Q-tip to get a small amount, then use my finger to put a dab on my forehead, cheeks, chin, and nose, and then I just blend away. I set it with the Chantecaille loose powder in Light, and I'm good to go. It gives me a dewy look and it lasts all day. Definitely going to buy again but hopefully it will last awhile since it's so freaking expensive!
UPDATE: Two months later, and I am still loving this stuff. I get compliments pretty much every time I wear it! It has a way of making my complexion look flawless(which it's not), and it makes my other make up and appearance look pulled together. Def recommend:)

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by reneeg323

I generally like Chantecaille products and my sensitive skin has never had a bad reaction. I purchased Future Skin foundation because of its touted matte quality and water base. I used it for awhile, and then, for some reason, it ended up on the shelf. I recently saw it sitting on the shelf and decided to to give it another try. This was one of many purchases in my never-ending quest to find a foundation that provides decent long-wearing coverage without causing skin problems. I have good but not great skin so I'm looking for some coverage but not a heavy mask. My skin is also oily so I want a foundation with some staying power. This foundation goes on like a dream and provides just the right amount of coverage. Within a few hours, though, any matte quality to the product is lost and my face has a decided shine rather than the dewy look I had immediately following application of the foundation. Certainly, a dusting of powder helps reduce the shine but within six hours, the foundation seems to have melted away. Now, I remember why it had been sitting unused on the shelf.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by pbharuch

I love this foundation, it's definitely at HG status for me. It goes on great, stays matte but still has a dewy natural look, and it's overall pretty amazing. The price is a major gripe though, for $60 its a bit ridiculous, but its worth it for how it makes me look and feel. I've noticed a bit of rubbing off with it but I haven't set it with a powder so this might be why. Otherwise, it has great staying power, and doesn't even show how humid it really is in Florida. The only other problem I have with this product is that it comes in a jar, so it's a bit unsanitary and not really convenient to get the foundation out, even though it does look sheek and feels expensive (just like how it is). I plan on getting a little scupula for the jar so I can take the foundation out in a sanitary way. Overall, I would buy this again and again, it was definitely worth the money for me but of course I'm still having a bit of sticker shock.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by SallyJ

I was of course expecting big things from this foundation and was suckered into buying it on my last trip to Space N.K. I find it unnatural looking and it develops a more obvious and patchy look throughout the day. I find myself rubbing it off as looking blotchy is preferable to looking like I am wearing a patchy mask. The colour also darkens throughout the day until it looks a bit too orange. Still persevering as it's so expensive but this is no better than any other foundation I have tried, from Maybelline to Clinique to Laura Mercier. Still, at least it contains beneficial skincare ingredients...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by jsantiago

I had previously written a review lauding this product as the ultimate foundation. I wrote the review just 2 days after buying and using it and that was a colossal mistake. Now that I have used this foundation several times, I can say that I do NOT recommend this for anyone who either a) needs coverage or b)has even slightly oily skin. My skin ALWAYS (and my skin gets quite dry in winter) looks disgusting after a few hours of wearing this foundation. My face becomes oily as if I had rubbed baby oil all over it and then stood under the sun, sweating. That's my biggest problem with this foundation. My other problem is that I couldn't find a good colour match as the foundations all tend to look a bit orange on my skin. Finally, coverage is not fantastic. Oh, and the screw cap/bottle packaging arrangement is beyond inconvenient. For those of you who also bought this foundation and are disappointed with the results, I recommend that you try one of the by terry products. The lumiere veloutee foundation gives great coverage and a totally matt finish, and the light expert is dewy but fantastic as well. Both brands are in the same price range, but I really have to say, none of the chantecaille make up products I have are really any good considering their price.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2009 2:32:00 AM More reviews by cupcakes_yum

This is the closest i have found to Stephane Marias Creme foundation. Works really well on my light olive skin, looks completely natural and doesn't feel like i have too much makeup on. I don't wear it everyday, but it has lastest a long time, and i don't find it goes any quicker than any other foundation.

Would buy it again, which is unusual as i generally like to buy something new. It isn't available in Perth, Australia, so i buy online on eBay or strawberrynet.

Update: I don't like this anymore! it does get patchy, feels like you have makeup on and is ultra expensive. Now i like Chanel Teint Innocence.