November 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Crème - Estee Lauder - Maximum Cover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2005 8:26:00 AM More reviews by Trailertrashgirl

The first time I used this I found it settled in my pores and accentuated them, it looked caked and unnatural and was far too yellow. Following advice from other reviewers though, I tried mixing a little on my fingertip with a creamier foundation in a pinker shade - you only need the tiniest amount of Max Cover - and have found this to give great results. You get great coverage with a flawless look, it glides on easily, and that tube will last forever. Mixing it with a cheaper brand that has a wider colour range has done the trick for me, I'm really pleased with the finished effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2005 4:02:00 AM More reviews by giuliac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this after i saw my friend wearing it. On her it looked AMAZING. natural and flawless. So I went and bought it in the lightest color (Very Light 03)...it was orange. Im so upset because it's expensive and I really thought I'd finally found THE ONE. This foundation is great as long as you have the right skin for it. Warning: if it doesnt match exactly, it looks artificial. Definitly wont go near this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2005 12:47:00 AM More reviews by megabit15

FANTASTIC total coverage. Very light going on, but it somehow feels heavy. Nevertheless, it gets high rating due to the fact that it covers it all - red spots and spider veins from sun poisoning as well as acne scars. A tiny bit goes a very long way. I save it for special occasions when I "need" perfect looking skin. I don't use it every day because it "feels" heavy yet splippery on my skin. Would purchase again and again soley based on coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2005 4:01:00 AM More reviews by nikua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Heavy, heavier, heaviest coverage.

I used to reach for EL Maximum Cover when I have a reeeaaally bad skin day. You know, one of those days you look at yourself in the mirror and feel disgusted buy the person who stares back at you, looking like she has some serious disease because of all the red patches and zits and bags and whatsoever. Maximum Cover covered it all. I spread a drop on my forehead, one on nose and cheeks, and one on chin and jawline - voila. No more redness.

Maximum Cover *can* look artificial though. Especially when you don't find a perfect match in terms of shade. The shade I use (light-medium) is pretty off in winter and ok to nice during summer. I only label it "ok" because the undertones aren't really as close to perfect as I expect them to be with a heavy coverage foundation. On the other hand, I have a *very* hard time finding foundations and concealers with suitable undertones... My face is pale, pinky/neutral, my neck is very pale, yellow/neutral. What works nicely on my face clashes with my neck and vice versa.

So, my perfect way to use Maximum Cover is using it as a spot concealor on top of foundation. Stays on forever, covers perfectly, doesn't crease under my eyes, gives a nice, even complexion.

If you decide to use it all over your face because it's one of *those* days you don't want to mess around with concealer at all just don't be tempted to use too much. The one drop for forhead, one for nose and cheeks and a tiny one for chin are more than enough, you might find out that you can cover your *whole* face with even just one drop. Using more will make you look cakey and artificial, certainly not the look you're going for.

As mentioned, the shade selection is crap. You might have to buy two shades and mix the right one for you, but other than that, it's a great allrounder to incorporate into your stash.

I don't think it's a foundation for every day because of the really heavy coverage including mask-alarm, and as long as you don't have severe acne or other discolorations or imperfections you won't really *need* this. But personally I'm soooo glad to have it around I know I can rely on it if I fear my skin will look terrible the next morning. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2005 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Brenda411

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been looking for a foundation that will stay on my face. Tried alot of the mineral foundations - well, forget it, none would stay longer than half day. Finally gave up on the mineral foundations. Went to the reviews on your website and found the ones on Estee Lauder Maximum Coverage. A little goes along way, it stays and covers GREAT!! Wish I had all my money back from all the other "stuff" I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2005 12:36:00 AM More reviews by cofcchica05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very dark circles under my eyes that are hereditary (thanks mom!). My circles are very difficult to cover, but this stuff actually covers it! Even though this stuff is expensive, it is well worth it. All you need is a small drop and it covers all imperfections. I use it for my dark circles and the little bit of redness on my nose and cheeks. It stays on all day, dries down to a powdery matte finish, and even lasts through crying, swimming, and humidity (it gets very humid here in the south). Although I would not recommend this for all over coverage, it makes a great concealer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2004 10:15:00 PM More reviews by honeybearkitty

This stuff has amazing coverage in a surprisingly light formula. Ditto about using a very small amount at a time. This will probably last me forever as I'm not able to use it alone as a foundation because I'm pretty oily and it melts. I use this (Creamy Ivory) over my Lancome Teint Idole in Ivoire 2 (Porcelaine Delicate), just in the areas I need the extra coverage and under my eyes, and it is perfect! If you're lucky enough to be able to use this alone, be prepared for an easy and fast application! You will need little to no concealer with this!!! 4 out of 5 because it isn't great for very oily gals like me and comes in only 4 colors! I will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2004 12:45:00 PM More reviews by suznw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use 01 Cream Ivory along with Merle Norman's Luxiva Lasting Foundation in Creamy Beige. Combining the two makes for the perfect flawless finish. Just the EL by itself becomes too shiny during the day but has the coverage I love. The MN doesn't have as great of coverage but has a better mat finish that last all day. I would rather use a foundation that did not require any concealer. This will last day without feeling cakey or like you are wearing a mask. This is my HG combo!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2004 8:31:00 AM More reviews by lkjhg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is excellent coverage - quite silicon-y though so goes on well (but may not be compatible with non-silicon moisturiser?). Stays smooth all day and comes in a nice tube - you can squeeze tiny amounts out (which is all you need). It lasts very well all day. (So now EL are bound to discontinue it...) Not a huge range of colours, but fortunately the Light shade matches Bobbi Brown Sand so it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2004 7:19:00 PM More reviews by evilbitch

I have been using this foundation for five years. I heard a rumor that it was going to be discontinued, and I almost had a heart attack! It is the best foundation that I have ever used. It's waterproof, gives a matte finish, and everyone thinks that I have flawless skin! And it must be gentle because it contains no mineral oil and is suitable after surgery. As a licensed esthetician, this is important to me. ( I use medium deep and have combo/oily skin).