November 21, 2014 | 1962 users online

Lip Treatments - Too Faced - Lip Injection

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by TwoBostons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Techno Buff. It stings more than a typical plumping gloss, but the stinging goes away in about 10 minutes. Nice increase in fullness and gives my lips more color due to the irritation--but it's a great color, so that's okay. I do have to keep this gloss away from the edges of my lips to avoid redness on the skin, but lipliner seems to take care of that proble. The container is on the small side, but really, how often do you make it through an entire tube of gloss? I like that it has a brush rather than a doe-foot applicator, since that makes precision application easier. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by KTS9

I was wondering if any of you girls noticed deeper lip creases after using this? I am not sure if mine are a result of the lip plump because i never noticed i had such deep lines on my lips before...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by lips_s4

I find that this lip plumping gloss is very effective within seconds. The tingly sensation is not so pleasant but it goes away pretty fast and leaves you with nice plump lips. I would buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by mermaid28

I wear this daily because I love how it brings out my lip color, giving them a beautiful flushed look. It's also super glossy and very slightly plumps your lips. I like wearing this more than wearing actual colored lipgloss!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've tried a few lip plumpers, and I'd have to say this is the best in terms of overall effect. There aren't exactly any miracle workers, at least that I'm aware of. A bit sticky though, I usually put it on before I go out while I'm putting on the rest of my makeup, then I wipe it off with a tissue, then put some vaseline on my lips. just cause I can't handle that super lip-glossy-feel. It does turn your lips a bit pinkish-red too.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by iheartalize

I stil am searching for my hg lip plumper because sadly this was not it! I felt the stinging and saw a slight plumping effect, but not much.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by kkarm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I read the reviews and decided to test this. Went to the mall, applied from a tester (the store opened a brand new one for me because there was no tester!). It stings like M.A.D yep, the edges of my lip were too irritated. Any ways, I left it on and went around the mall to shop and see if it last till end of my shopping trip. IT DID NOT. I def. don't think it does anything except for feels like chilli on your lips. Within 30-35mins the gloss no longer exist, lip edges were still pinkish, no plump effect. Pure waste....

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by ollie101

A little definitely goes a long way! After about 5 seconds, it starts to sting and plump up your lips. And it really does sting!! And this can be quite distracting and make you talk funny for a while. My advice would be not to apply it right to the edges of your lips, as if it touches the skin around your lips, it will make that swell too, making a sort of swollen white line, and then it's really obvious that you've used a lip plumper. I just apply it to the middle bit of my lips and I think it looks more natural. In terms of how much it works, I'd say it noticably plumps up your lips and lasts for about an hour. After that, I don't think that it has such a good effect if you reapply cos it seems like your lips have got a bit immune to it or something! Or maybe it just doesn't sting as much. But the first application is definitely noticable, if you're brave enough!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by lydiag22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Whoa! This came in a gift set I bought - it turned my lips bright red! I did want to rip my lips off, but I guess they were more plump. Not worth it IMO!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 7:46:00 AM More reviews by beauticonnexion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

On the fence: Love/Hate this item. I gave it all 5 lippies cause the love is more than the hate...
LOVE:
1.) It does what it is to plump up the lips. Using irritants, it "swells" the lips to give the lips a pinker, fuller pout.
2.) Super lasting powers, does not make produce lips "gunky" opaque residues.
3.) It looks good both on top of l/s or alone. There are some lip plumpers that do not work when interacted with other products.
HATE:
1.) Initally very painful to use. The outer outline of the lips swelled and was red and irritated but strangely this syndrome actually dimished with regular usage eg after 8-10 times. If you can survive the painful and hot tingling for 8-10 times and continue to use it (like me haha)
2.) For the price, very little bit of product. US$17.50 for 4.5ml only.

Overall it is still thumbs up though as it does have the Big Fat duck lips look, beauty maybe really does come at a pain.... opps, price!