Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/7/2015 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely LOVE this product!!!!!...I have very OILY skin so after a couple of hours my eye make up starts creasing..I first tried out the primer because i had received a sample from Ulta, the day i got it i used it, went to sleep and forgot to take off my make up, woke up the next day and to my surprise my make up looked exactly the same!!..I've tried a couple other primers that were suggested for oily skin and wasn't nearly as pleased with the results...I will never use a different eye shadow primer again..

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this urban decay potion primer in original during Ulta's 21 days of beauty, so I only paid $10. The packaging of the bottle is beautiful and resembles a magic potion that appears in RPG games. It comes in a very sanitary squeezable tube, so you don't have to apply with a wand and looked bigger than i thought. The color is a light opaque champagne, but translates to a clear finish on the eyes. I have to admit that it does feel oily and a bit tacky when you rub it into your eye area, but it becomes matte and feels lightweight. It kept my eyeshadows on for more than 8 hours, so I can't complain about staying power. I tried the hyped wet n wild fergie primer back then for my middle school graduation before it got so popular, and while I did liked it, I think I prefer urban decay more because it feels more lightweight/liquidy and less tacky. Wet n wild's primer is more creamy and tackier. The only con would be that it is priced at $20, but it is a really good investment. I plan to repurchase for full price once i finish it. It will probably last me 2 years since I don't wear eyeshadow everyday and you only need a very tiny drop per eye. Only problem is that i apply a bit too much force on the tube that i get a lot of product out.

Ok, so the last couple days I've been trying the UD Primer Potion sample I got. OMG! This is my new holy grail for eye shadow primer. I have super oily skin and this kept my eye shadow and liner in place all day! All day!! Even as the rest of my face got oily, my eyes stayed matte, not completely oil free, but no creasing and no caking, no eyeliner lifting off onto my hooded lids, definite plus! Great product!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is as good as everyone says. Keeps my shadows on my oily ass lids all day, and doesn't crease or budge. I won't be repurchasing because the packaging is pretty bulky and unnecessary, and the Too Faced Shadow Insurance is the exact same product and price, with better packaging.

Really didn't believe this would work. Happy to say ive been proved wrong, my extra oily eyelids can hack eyeshadow all day now without creasing. HG product for me.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I Love this product. It's thin (only need a dot for each lid) and does not give u flaky crease (if u know what i mean). I used to use Mac Paint Pot eyeshadow base as soo many youtubers use it, but i dont quite like it, like this primer is soo much better than the mac one.

on 3/30/2015 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had a very high expectation on this product, i loved my too faced eyeshadow insurance and i gave a shot on the urban decay one.
But for some reason, it does not work for my oily eyelid. I feel it was really chunky on my eyelid, it does not go on smoothly also. I prefer the too faced one better

on 3/28/2015 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I know everybody loves this, and I would have to agree that eye shadow and liner last a lot longer when using it. However, everytime I use this product I end up getting a stye, even with properly removing it every night. Not worth it IMO..

on 3/23/2015 3:51:00 PM

Meh.

Not bad, but not the best. I've used all the formulations on people and they don't seem to be any different except for the slight amount of color in Sin and Eden.

I don't find that it stop fallout any better than using a creamy concealer. It does tend to blend in fairly easy and can help disguise some discoloration on the lids but it wouldn't be my first pick for a primer.

on 3/22/2015 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I first received a sample of this with an UD palette and it was pretty good, but found the consistency quite thick to spread out. I bought the full size at Ulta, because hey, it was $10 on sale! I realized the thickness was due to the nature of the sample packaging which caused it to dry out, but the application went smoothly with the full size contents (used a brush to apply).

Video Reviews & Tutorials