October 31, 2014 | 1132 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Seanik

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by mlilime

I've been using this shampoo with Veganese conditioner for about three years now, and I've been loving every use of it. The little bar lasts me about six months if I keep it in the tin, and just a few rubs on my hair lathers it up ridiculously every time. It smells nice, and it keeps my hair soft and wavy. I was recommended using it in conjunction with Veganese by salesperson at Lush originally because I wanted something that would give more volume and waves to my hair because most things weigh it down too much. I have hair that's in between thin and normal thickness. I've never really had a problem with the seaweed staying in my hair, and I don't color my hair so I can't say anything to that problem. Overall, I love this shampoo and I won't use anything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by hulakids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I’ve just recently become a Lushie convert, after many years of searching, I found two HG skin products at LUSH, which made me eager to see what other products might also be HGs for me. This was not one.
This shampoo bar lathers nicely and has a light citrus scent before and after use.
I was looking for a shampoo that would provide some volume and this did give some volume. Unfortunately, I let it sit on my thin, dry, fine, colored hair and it seemed to strip some color and left my hair extremely stringy and hard to manage. Only after I used lots of conditioner was I able to comb my hair. It did help slightly with softening and addressing the dryness of my hair, but overall not a winner for me. It’s a return for me to try something else…I would not repurchase.

PROs:
Did give some volume
Pleasant smell
Lathers nicely and looks like you can get quite a number of washes
Convenient for air travel
If it doesn’t work for you, it can be returned…

CONs:
Contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
Seemed to strip hair color
Made hair extremely stringy, hard to manage

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall, this product is very, very good. My hair is over shoulderlength, highlighted, wavy, fine, flat and can get greasily within a day. But that was before I discovered Seanik! Before I would have to wash my hair daily because it would become flat once I sleep on it, and it gets greasy. Now I can leave me hair for days! (Eww ha :) )
Seanik costs around £4, I think, which seems quite expensive for a shampoo. However, it lasts a long time! You only need to use a few strokes onto your hair.
This product gives me hair volume and thickness. It also has a nice scent which is not too overpowering against any conditioner scent. Most importantly, I notice that Seanik leaves my hair soft and shiny. When I am washing my hair I can feel my hair becoming squeeky clean.
The only one bad thing I would say about this product is that it needs to be stored in a shampoo tin. Sometimes it gets a bit sticky on the edges, but at the end of the day, it only gets wet again so it's not a big issue.
I would encourage people to use this if they have dry, limp and greasy hair. It works a treat. Thanks Lush!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by DontStpTheMusic7

This is my favorite of the LUSH shampoo bars. I find the smell of it light and appealing, and love the color of the bar. I also love that when the shampoo bar is gone, there is no plastic packaging to dispose of. AWESOME. It cleans my hair without overdoing it, and it leaves a light scent. It travels well in its little tin as well, and lasts a long time for me. I have been purchasing it for a while now, and will continue to do so.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by lemonjump

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It cleans my hair thoroughly and it is very foamy. But one thing that I found is the pieces of seaweed in the bar stays on my hair after using it and I can never wash them off. And it is really hard to store it properly, even though I bought the special tin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2010 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Thankgoodness4makeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Cheap thrills from the Seanik solid shampoo bar from Lush.

This quirky solid shampoo bar is a cheeky homage to the sea side. It's bright ocean blue in colour and made with sea salt sprinkled with little flakes of seaweed.

It's cute and appealing, love the idea that it's packaging free and good for the environment, however is it good for your hair?

I have to say that as much as I enjoyed lathering up my locks with this sea scented bar of joy, it left my hair feeling totally stripped of natural oils and utterly dry and straw like.

Pretty much like after spending a day at the beach with salt water drying out your hair!!

As fun as a quick fumble behind the beach huts, but will ultimately leave you feeling a bit disheveled, cheap and nasty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Seanik is a great shampoo for my fine/straight hair. It gives me nice volume and makes it feel squeaky clean. My hair is also very shiny when I use it. One puck lasts a very long time. I've had mine for months. My only gripe is with weeks of use it made my scalp very sensitive and itchy. I guess it's the clarifying properties. But that isn't enough to keep me from using it. I just switch it up with another shampoo every now and then.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by kairos

I never thought I'm going to use a soap bar on my hair, but there you go... I just bought this because I'm a sucker for everything with seaweed in it (don't know why I treasure such a firm believe for "seaweed is good for you" in my heart - maybe some early childhood experience... maybe some seaweed rescued me from drowning in the sea in my early years. don't swim with dolphins, swim with seaweed ;))
But to return to the actual review: I'm loving it. I was anyway looking for something to reduce my hair care regime (I was using way too much products. don't think that's good for the hair on the long run) and the seanik thingy totally does the trick. At the moment I'm only using this, not even a conditioner and my hair is healthy and glossy and doesn't grease that much anymore. And the smell is great too - very light and fresh.
I think I found my HG shampoo. Oh - and the price is good too, thinking how long such a soap bar lasts. You have to find a container to keep it though... and perfect for travelling small as it is. Yeah :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 3:10:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

This is the first LUSH shampoo that I've tried, and I am totally in love. Seanik smells divine, very clean and spring-like, if that makes sense; there is nary a flower-y or perfume-y element to be found in this shampoo, which is great. I wet my hair, scrub the bar around the top of my head a few times, and that creates a lot of lather, which I then distribute down to the ends of my hair. Seanik leaves my hair almost squeaky clean, which is perfect for me as I have oily hair that very rarely needs conditioning. The volumizing properties are nice if I have time to blow-dry my hair, but to be honest I just like to let my hair air dry, at which point it is so soft and shiny.

The packaging takes a bit of getting used to, as you do need to store the shampoo properly to prevent it from melting away. LUSH advertises that it will last you 80 washes, which, if you wash your hair once a day, is between 2.5 - 3 months. I've been using the same bar for about 1.5 months, and I do think it will last me for at least another three weeks. A beautifully-scented, economically-priced shampoo that also leaves nothing behind that needs to be thrown away. Highly recommended for people with normal to oily hair, as it may be a bit too drying for those with hair that needs moisture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by mizznk

This shampoo is great. Lush shampoos really clean my hair squeaky clean and I have oily hair that I need to wash everyday. It gives volume, especially when I blow dry my hair and it leaves my hair smelling amazing, I keep flipping my hair around just so I can smell it haha. I do not find that it moisturizies my hair at all, probably because of the sea salt, it might even be a bit too drying so I always try to condition my hair after. One thing about these shampoos that I do not like is storage. I try to keep it out of the shower but it sticks to wahtever surface ( a plate) that I put it on and then when I go to pick it up and use it again a layer gets stuck on the plate :( still need to figure out how to store it...