August 21, 2014 | 1712 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Seanik

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall, this product is very, very good. My hair is over shoulderlength, highlighted, wavy, fine, flat and can get greasily within a day. But that was before I discovered Seanik! Before I would have to wash my hair daily because it would become flat once I sleep on it, and it gets greasy. Now I can leave me hair for days! (Eww ha :) )
Seanik costs around 4, I think, which seems quite expensive for a shampoo. However, it lasts a long time! You only need to use a few strokes onto your hair.
This product gives me hair volume and thickness. It also has a nice scent which is not too overpowering against any conditioner scent. Most importantly, I notice that Seanik leaves my hair soft and shiny. When I am washing my hair I can feel my hair becoming squeeky clean.
The only one bad thing I would say about this product is that it needs to be stored in a shampoo tin. Sometimes it gets a bit sticky on the edges, but at the end of the day, it only gets wet again so it's not a big issue.
I would encourage people to use this if they have dry, limp and greasy hair. It works a treat. Thanks Lush!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by DontStpTheMusic7

This is my favorite of the LUSH shampoo bars. I find the smell of it light and appealing, and love the color of the bar. I also love that when the shampoo bar is gone, there is no plastic packaging to dispose of. AWESOME. It cleans my hair without overdoing it, and it leaves a light scent. It travels well in its little tin as well, and lasts a long time for me. I have been purchasing it for a while now, and will continue to do so.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by lemonjump

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It cleans my hair thoroughly and it is very foamy. But one thing that I found is the pieces of seaweed in the bar stays on my hair after using it and I can never wash them off. And it is really hard to store it properly, even though I bought the special tin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2010 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Thankgoodness4makeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Cheap thrills from the Seanik solid shampoo bar from Lush.

This quirky solid shampoo bar is a cheeky homage to the sea side. It's bright ocean blue in colour and made with sea salt sprinkled with little flakes of seaweed.

It's cute and appealing, love the idea that it's packaging free and good for the environment, however is it good for your hair?

I have to say that as much as I enjoyed lathering up my locks with this sea scented bar of joy, it left my hair feeling totally stripped of natural oils and utterly dry and straw like.

Pretty much like after spending a day at the beach with salt water drying out your hair!!

As fun as a quick fumble behind the beach huts, but will ultimately leave you feeling a bit disheveled, cheap and nasty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Seanik is a great shampoo for my fine/straight hair. It gives me nice volume and makes it feel squeaky clean. My hair is also very shiny when I use it. One puck lasts a very long time. I've had mine for months. My only gripe is with weeks of use it made my scalp very sensitive and itchy. I guess it's the clarifying properties. But that isn't enough to keep me from using it. I just switch it up with another shampoo every now and then.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by kairos

I never thought I'm going to use a soap bar on my hair, but there you go... I just bought this because I'm a sucker for everything with seaweed in it (don't know why I treasure such a firm believe for "seaweed is good for you" in my heart - maybe some early childhood experience... maybe some seaweed rescued me from drowning in the sea in my early years. don't swim with dolphins, swim with seaweed ;))
But to return to the actual review: I'm loving it. I was anyway looking for something to reduce my hair care regime (I was using way too much products. don't think that's good for the hair on the long run) and the seanik thingy totally does the trick. At the moment I'm only using this, not even a conditioner and my hair is healthy and glossy and doesn't grease that much anymore. And the smell is great too - very light and fresh.
I think I found my HG shampoo. Oh - and the price is good too, thinking how long such a soap bar lasts. You have to find a container to keep it though... and perfect for travelling small as it is. Yeah :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 3:10:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

This is the first LUSH shampoo that I've tried, and I am totally in love. Seanik smells divine, very clean and spring-like, if that makes sense; there is nary a flower-y or perfume-y element to be found in this shampoo, which is great. I wet my hair, scrub the bar around the top of my head a few times, and that creates a lot of lather, which I then distribute down to the ends of my hair. Seanik leaves my hair almost squeaky clean, which is perfect for me as I have oily hair that very rarely needs conditioning. The volumizing properties are nice if I have time to blow-dry my hair, but to be honest I just like to let my hair air dry, at which point it is so soft and shiny.

The packaging takes a bit of getting used to, as you do need to store the shampoo properly to prevent it from melting away. LUSH advertises that it will last you 80 washes, which, if you wash your hair once a day, is between 2.5 - 3 months. I've been using the same bar for about 1.5 months, and I do think it will last me for at least another three weeks. A beautifully-scented, economically-priced shampoo that also leaves nothing behind that needs to be thrown away. Highly recommended for people with normal to oily hair, as it may be a bit too drying for those with hair that needs moisture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by mizznk

This shampoo is great. Lush shampoos really clean my hair squeaky clean and I have oily hair that I need to wash everyday. It gives volume, especially when I blow dry my hair and it leaves my hair smelling amazing, I keep flipping my hair around just so I can smell it haha. I do not find that it moisturizies my hair at all, probably because of the sea salt, it might even be a bit too drying so I always try to condition my hair after. One thing about these shampoos that I do not like is storage. I try to keep it out of the shower but it sticks to wahtever surface ( a plate) that I put it on and then when I go to pick it up and use it again a layer gets stuck on the plate :( still need to figure out how to store it...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by vmax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love the lack of packaging and how long it lasts. Had trouble when I first started using it since I had to learn to follow directions. I was using way to much and by not letting it dry out was wasting a ton of it. I was skeptical about the bar shampoo since I had never seen it before but I am a true believer now. So easy to carry to and from the gym and never having to worry about spilage is well worth the fact it has to air dry out. The price is cheap considering you are getting 2 full size shampoos in a little tiny bar. The smell is amazing!
UPDATE%%% My hair is shoulder blade length and too long to use now..Swapped out

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked this item up randomly, without really looking at the other solid hair shampoos. I just love anythign with seaweed in it and wanted to give it a try. This soap latheres SO WEll, and the scent is really nice, although it is very difficult to try and describe. It reminds me of the sea, and is very earthy. It makes my thin hair much more fluffier, and leaves you hair squaky clean. It does tend to be a little drying to the hair, so I would recoommend a conditioner when using it. I wish that the puck actually fit inside the tin so that I would not have to keep it out of my shower. I think as I keep using it more it will eventually fit, but Lush should just make the tins bigger.I also do like the fact that there is nothing to throw away after I am done using this. It seems like the puck is going to last a long time and I will really get my money's worth.

edit: i find this too drying even for my oily hair, to use on a daily basis. i will use it about once a week until it is gone, and then for a clarifying shampoo stick with sauve..much cheaper and does the same thing pretty much.