Creative Nail Design Solar Oil

4.3

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate.

on 5/11/2009 3:41:00 AM

Let me tell you about my little experiment with solar oil. My nails have been brittle for a couple of years now, they are very strong but lack flexibility completely. When they meet a hard object they brake not just tear but completely break off and fly through the air. Tried nail hardeners nail hydrators which makes them break even more. These products make my nails even more dehydrated, I noticed after application that the nail visibly shrinks if you look at it from the free edge it is curled. I first noticed it when I tried to clean under the nails I could not use my other nail to do job (disgusting I know) I had to use an orange stick because the nail curled so much that it looked like half a circle. Sometimes this curling or shrinking is painful. Here comes solar oil, apply it on the nail and I like watching it being completely absorbed by the nail, spooky! The oil indeed goes inside the nail so to speak, it takes about 15 minutes and the result: my nails are flexible. Why would you want flexible nails that bend? Picture a dried out branch that has fallen off the tree and one that is on the tree still, now try and break them, the fallen dry one will snap in two the one on the tree would bend and then return.

on 4/19/2009 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't use this as a daily cuticle oil like other reviewers, so I really can't judge its performance as a treatment. However, I apply it to my nails before my manicure and it makes a tremendous difference in how my base coat and polish go on. After filing, pushing back my cuticles, etc., I apply Solar Oil to my nails and cuticles and massage it in. I wait five or so minutes, then I remove the oil with nail polish remover. Be thorough about removing it or else your nail polish won't adhere smoothly. Then I apply my base coat and nail polish as usual. Something about the Solar Oil makes my base coat go on much more smoothly than without using it. It's as if it fills in the microscopic dents and rough spots on your nails. I don't have smooth, pretty nails, but if I use this, my base coat goes shinier and glassier. It's well worth the extra effort.

on 4/9/2009 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have very dry cuticles and although this feels nice at night when I put it on, it just isn't effective enough to really make a difference. The next morning my cuticles have hydrated just a bit. I don't have any nail issues (diseases), and I don't use harsh soaps and am not a frequent hand washer (nurse, etc). So as an average consumer, I was expecting more.

on 3/20/2009 7:54:00 PM

This stuff is the shiz! I love it, it's my go to cuticle oil, i've been using it for years and it keeps my cuticles and nails in great and moisturized condition.
Complaints that it is oily and greasy are accurate, but i don't know what one expects from an ... um.. oil.
the smell is fab if you're into heavy almondy smells otherwise i recomend that you try to smell it b4 you buy, bcs i know some who think it's overpowering.

on 2/17/2009 12:16:00 AM

I like using this product on my nails as well as the surrounding skin. It takes about 10 minutes or so before the oil starts to be absorbed, so it can get a little messy if you're on the go...it's best if you apply it when you have some free time, like when watching television or before bed. I haven't seen a huge difference in my fingernails (but that could be because they're pretty decent to begin with), but I've noticed that it's made my toenails/toes look more presentable. To be honest, the reason I keep coming back to it is because I love the way it smells! Overall, it's a good product but not amazing.

on 2/13/2009 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this! I love the smell,and it dries nail polish super fast. It also conditions cuticles, strengthens nails and is well worth the cost. The smell reminds me somewhat of jergens lotion but I love it!

on 1/24/2009 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

During the wintertime, I like give my toenails a break from polish. The only problem is all those months of polish cause my toenails to become very dry and flaky looking - pretty gross. The Nail Board recommended this product and it has worked wonders! After just 2 days my toenails looked about 1,000 times better. I paid around $10 for a nail polish-sized bottle at CVS. I can see the bottle lasting me quite a while, since a little goes a long way. Other reviews have commented about the scent but I don't notice it at all. I would most definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 1/10/2009 9:48:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is by far the best product I've found. It absorbs very quickly and leaves my nails and cuticles looking well-groomed. I have extremely dry hands and nails, which are getting more so as I age (52). Solar Oil makes them feel moisturized and comfortable. I've had my bottle for over a year, and there's plenty left before I need to re-purchase (you bet I will!).

on 1/2/2009 12:04:00 AM

I bought this to help soften my cuticles. It does have a strong smell which is alright. I don't think this works any better than vitamin E, olive oil, or many others so for the price I will not repurchase.

UPDATE: I found myself using this more often. I found it for less money, so I may repurchase. It does seem to last a long time as you only need a little bit.

UPDATE: Just tried the solar balm, and I like that better since it's more portable.

I definitely will not be repurchasing this, for a good cuticle oil try Haken (found at Sally's Beauty), it's less expensive, smells (there are different scents to choose from) and works better.

on 12/19/2008 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I think Solar Oil does what it is suppose to do as I notice I do not get hang nails when I apply regularly. However, I donít like how it leaves my fingers oily which means everything I touch gets greasy as it doesnít sink in fast enough for me. Iím using up my current bottle by stashing it in my handbag and applying it when my hands are free and I canít do anything else (i.e. on the tube/train etcÖ) but will not re-purchase when its finished.

Popular Treatments