July 30, 2014 | 2024 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Arena

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2007 9:13:00 PM More reviews by lovemycedes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This is a staple. A pretty neutral peachy beige. No orange. And--yay--not totally matte!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2006 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very pretty peachy color with a pinkish techy sort of subtle cyber sheen. Really brightens up my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2006 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer_Mc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh how I love you Arena. For me it's the perfect shadow for a natural, professional look that just makes my blue eyes pop. The consistency is satin and it just looks so polished. I own so many shadows with glitters and shimmers and sometimes it's so nice to just turn to the basics. This is a warm, beautiful peach/tan that is deep enough to work as a highlighter. It goes on smoothly and doesn't crease. It's the look I want when I need to wear makeup but don't want to look made-up.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2006 7:11:00 PM More reviews by poofybabypenguin15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am Asian with NC30 skin tone. When I saw this color, I was like EWWWWWWWWW what is that ugly orangy slash peach slash brick color? The MAC SA insisted that it is a nice color and tried it on me. It is very nice when put on! I use it in my crease and it gives me a nice almost tanned look for the summer (i NEVER tan) and is a great warm color to make you look healthy and glowing! loves! What a surprise find! Natural enough to bring warmth to your face as a day look and can be layered for a night look for great contouring. Please try it on prior to purchase though as it might be too orange for some people's liking. I like its peach shade, but it is a tad more orange than I prefer but I still like it for everyday use.

EDIT: actually I've decided this colour looks hideous on me. Just does not work with my NC30 skin. Too bad :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2006 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Lyaana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate it! On my Toffee Bronze, Laura Mercier/MAC NC55 complexion it only looks good on the brow bone. This is just not for me. Yuk! I'll return it or swap it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 7:50:00 PM More reviews by ohthatgirl

Arena is THE perfect warm apricot hued shadow for a natural brow highlight for all the GGG/DDD's out there. The color is very subtle and buildable and like a previous reviewer stated, leaves the brow area with a nice glow rather than in your face highlighting. Arena is a holy grail for me and the first shadow that I've actually hit pan on. I would buy it again and plan to now that I've hit pan...it only took me 2+ years. LOL!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2006 9:32:00 PM More reviews by wcw74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My Arena is very old, in the twist top packaging. I rediscovered this color and have been using it more often lately. It's a peachy beige shade without shimmer. I like using Arena as a simple lid color with MAC Vanilla on browbone and lined with a brown or sometimes blue liner. It's a versatile color, good for neutral polish looks or red lipstick days. The color doesn't wow me but it's a good staple to keep. I may repurchase when I'm out.

For reference I'm Stila 30 watts, Chanel Teint Fluide Universel Beige, and Armani LSF 5.5.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 11:16:00 AM More reviews by emiliejolie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Arena is a pale peachy-yellowish/pinkish shade. Hard to describe!! Although Arena is a pretty shade, I swapped it .... unfortunately, it doesn't look good at all on my eyelids. On me, Arena is too orange and somewhat bleh. :-(

It has a nice silky finish, and it's quite matte but not plain. It's not shimmery but has some "sheen" if that makes any sense. Could be a great shade for darker complexions... maybe it doesn't work well because I'm quite fair. I don't know. But I would not buy it again. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2006 9:13:00 PM More reviews by clover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Arena. Paired with Paradisco it is absolutely stunning. In the pan it looks like a rather unremarkable peachy gold, but on the lids it's a very unique version of peachy gold. Sorry if that sounds silly, but I don't know how else to say it, it's just a very unique peachy gold color that goes makes my brown eyes pop. Gorgeous, and I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2005 10:05:00 PM More reviews by softgrey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Arena is GORGEOUS! i think it's my new HG everyday eyeshadow. i like to wear this alone or over Bamboo. it's a really pretty golden/peachy color with sublte shimmer....it's not frosty or anything, it's one of the "satin finish" shadows so it has a nice sheen to it. this color really suits my NC42 complexion and brings out the golden/amber tones in my dark brown eyes. i definitely think this color is more for the warm-toned complexions...as peach and gold are warm colors anyway... i really hope MAC never discontinues this! it's beautifuL!