MAC Satin - Arena

4.4

on 2/14/2007 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Arena is a perfect, natural, MLBB eyeshadow for me! It is sort of a creamy-peachy-orange color, yet it doesn't scream ORANGE on my lids! I have brown shadows (ie. Wedge, Woodwinked, BB Taupe) that scream ORANGE on me more than Arena, which looks more orange in the pan. (Strange... becuz I use an eyeshadow base, too.)Anyway, I would definitely repurchase if available. Arena kind of matches the highlights in my dark brown hair, which is probably why this is such a workable color on my lids. TIP: Looks nice with Naked Lunch on the brow bone and inner eye corners, and Aria in the crease. Nice daytime look. continued >>

on 1/29/2007 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this after seeing a girl online use it (even though we have completely different skin colors) and I was not disappointed. It's a peachy-orange color that works great both on the lid and in the crease of the eye. Works wonderfully to sheer out Orange eyeshadow or all by itself.

on 1/22/2007 9:13:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

This is a staple. A pretty neutral peachy beige. No orange. And--yay--not totally matte!

on 10/26/2006 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Very pretty peachy color with a pinkish techy sort of subtle cyber sheen. Really brightens up my eyes.

on 8/31/2006 11:32:00 PM

Oh how I love you Arena. For me it's the perfect shadow for a natural, professional look that just makes my blue eyes pop. The consistency is satin and it just looks so polished. I own so many shadows with glitters and shimmers and sometimes it's so nice to just turn to the basics. This is a warm, beautiful peach/tan that is deep enough to work as a highlighter. It goes on smoothly and doesn't crease. It's the look I want when I need to wear makeup but don't want to look made-up.

I am Asian with NC30 skin tone. When I saw this color, I was like EWWWWWWWWW what is that ugly orangy slash peach slash brick color? The MAC SA insisted that it is a nice color and tried it on me. It is very nice when put on! I use it in my crease and it gives me a nice almost tanned look for the summer (i NEVER tan) and is a great warm color to make you look healthy and glowing! loves! What a surprise find! Natural enough to bring warmth to your face as a day look and can be layered for a night look for great contouring. Please try it on prior to purchase though as it might be too orange for some people's liking. I like its peach shade, but it is a tad more orange than I prefer but I still like it for everyday use.

EDIT: actually I've decided this colour looks hideous on me. Just does not work with my NC30 skin. Too bad :(

on 6/14/2006 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I hate it! On my Toffee Bronze, Laura Mercier/MAC NC55 complexion it only looks good on the brow bone. This is just not for me. Yuk! I'll return it or swap it!

on 5/23/2006 7:50:00 PM

Arena is THE perfect warm apricot hued shadow for a natural brow highlight for all the GGG/DDD's out there. The color is very subtle and buildable and like a previous reviewer stated, leaves the brow area with a nice glow rather than in your face highlighting. Arena is a holy grail for me and the first shadow that I've actually hit pan on. I would buy it again and plan to now that I've hit pan...it only took me 2+ years. LOL!

on 4/18/2006 9:32:00 PM

My Arena is very old, in the twist top packaging. I rediscovered this color and have been using it more often lately. It's a peachy beige shade without shimmer. I like using Arena as a simple lid color with MAC Vanilla on browbone and lined with a brown or sometimes blue liner. It's a versatile color, good for neutral polish looks or red lipstick days. The color doesn't wow me but it's a good staple to keep. I may repurchase when I'm out.

For reference I'm Stila 30 watts, Chanel Teint Fluide Universel Beige, and Armani LSF 5.5.

on 3/18/2006 11:16:00 AM

Arena is a pale peachy-yellowish/pinkish shade. Hard to describe!! Although Arena is a pretty shade, I swapped it .... unfortunately, it doesn't look good at all on my eyelids. On me, Arena is too orange and somewhat bleh. :-(

It has a nice silky finish, and it's quite matte but not plain. It's not shimmery but has some "sheen" if that makes any sense. Could be a great shade for darker complexions... maybe it doesn't work well because I'm quite fair. I don't know. But I would not buy it again. continued >>