October 31, 2014 | 892 users online

Eye Primer - Mary Kay - Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2008 8:56:00 PM More reviews by captaingayywadd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my first eye primer and i plan to use UDPP when this runs out, but im slowly pulling away from that idea the more i use this product!
its really smooth but i have found only one flaw and that is that i like to apply this to the bottom of my eye to help my eyeliner stay but it makes applying it harder because it is abit oily and slick, granted it helps eyeshadow stay all day (6 am to 10 am the next day <---longest)
it really does nothing for your eyeliners or cream shadows :/

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by JeneenL

I have been using the eye primer since Mary Kay introduced it and love it. It keeps my shadow on all day long. Does exactly what it says it does. It also calms my skin after I wax my eyebrows.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by trhathaway

I will not apply anything to my eyelids without first using my MK eye primer. My lids are very oily, and it does a remarkable job, in my opinion. It supplies a very matte finish and makes a great canvas to apply makeup on.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2008 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Jimeezgirl

I've recently been using mineral eyeshadows and have found that by midday, the colors change alot from mixing with my natural oils on my lids--and crease like crazy.

I read a recommendation on a message board for the MK Eye Primer and decided to give it a shot. I have not used any other brand eye primer, so I have nothing to compare this to.

I ordered this on Ebay and got a really great deal--$6 including shipping!

This primer is great! I apply it in a thin layer all over my eyelid making sure to blend it in the corners very well. My eyeshadow lasted more than 12 hours yesterday. My mascara gave out before the eyeshadow did thanks to this primer! I will definitely buy this again!!!

EDIT 7/12/2008: My original tube lasted 4 months using it everyday. I still love it and have repurchased it on Ebay.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Hillarryyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Doesn't last more than a few hours, does nothing to help bring colors out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by lirial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A first for me - a Mary Kay product I actually liked!

This comes in a tube, which I love. That helps prevent product waste and also makes it easy and hygenic to dispense. I also like that this product is not pigmented. Sometimes the UDPP shade doesn't play nicely with my really pale shadows, and this is better in some cases.

I do like the texture of UDPP better, as it has a more matte finish once applied. This, however, is nice in that it does prevent creasing, wears all day (for me...) and keeps oil from building up.

This isn't HG, but it does what it says. I will keep it and use it in some instances over the UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by tjspiano

I've tried Clinique, Estee Lauder, and Lancome eye primers and usually can't stand the feel of them - they usually feel heavy and make my eye makeup look thick, so when I tried Mary Kay's, I was very dubious. But, I love it! My eyelids tend to be oily, but flake easily, too, so things were getting frustrating - didn't like other primers, usually used my foundation on my eyelids - which caused flaking! But this primer feels so good, smoothes the flakeys, and holds my shadow in place and keeps the color true for a good 10 hours. Love this, and am so glad I decided to give it a chance!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by holychristy

This didn't work for me! At all! I don't get it. It actually made my liquid liner smear worse than not wearing anything. I can't believe it worked for other people, I don't trust mary kay! haha

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Pamela76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't think this product worked well at all. After trying everything there is to try, I decided that BeneFit F.Y. Eye is my favorite. I don't have oily eyelids, just deep-creased eyelids, so maybe that's why it didn't work for me that well. I do like the packaging though - it's in a tube, rather than pot, so it stays fresher longer than most products.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by etrupiano

It works good, but in the winter it dried out my eyelids. Urban Decay's didn't.