April 17, 2014 | 1472 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by leahbee8

I have been using Bragg's ACV as a facial toner for approximately two months now. I use it as an all-over toner in the mornings (except the eye area of course) and as a spot treatment in the evenings. It seems to make the biggest impact on decreasing blemish swelling and redness if it is applied for a period of time, like holding a q-tip of it to the blemish for a minute or so. I dilute it 1 part acv to 2 parts water and store it in a little travel bottle. Price of course is great! One 3$ bottle will last forever. My adult acne is definitely hormonal, so I can't say that acv has stopped me from getting blemishes altogether. What it does do is prevent them from getting to the advanced stages of swelling and redness, and from spreading beyond one hormonal spot at a time. I definitely have better overall skin tone and more manageable acne using acv. I seem to never have more than one or two zits at a time now. I used to use prescription creams like Differin, and I have stopped using them all together, because I get better results from acv.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by MoG04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using acv for a while now but didn't start braggs until about a year ago and I love it. Unfortunately due to my skin I can't claim the miracles some do about how clear their face now is through use :( but what I've used it for and it did wonders is a sore throat (with aloe Vera juice) about 4tsp and it's much better. And as a hair growth rinse. Made my hair shiny and my split ends are recovering...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

Like many other viewers, I am not using Bragg's. I don't personally think brand makes much of a difference, though.

As a toner, I think this is exceptional. I dilute one part water, one part ACV, and sometimes a few drops of tea tree oil. I always go to this to clean my face without drying it out c: it makes my face feel so clean and nice, it's really indescribable. I use it at least once a day, and twice on some days. It's good if you just want to clean up your face without taking any serious skincare steps- pour some on a cotton pad, swipe it over your face, and yay! Clean!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a toner, this did not work for me! (As a hair rinse, it works great though!)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by juicyluvr75

i loooove ACV! i bought this to use on my hair after reading about it on MUA. i was very skeptical since my hair just doesn't get shiny! Once i took a whiff of the scent i was even more hesitant to use it since it smells like dirty socks and sweat and bad milk and apple juice! But i took a risk and i was so surprised! I mixed 1 parts ACV with 3 parts water and put it in a water bottle and then drenched my hair with it after shampooing. I left it on for maybe 3 minutes and then rinsed it out and put on some conditioner since i've heard it can be drying. Even as i was rinsing it out of my hair, i felt a difference. My hair felt much smoother! The ACV scent doesn't go away until your hair is completely dry and even so it lingers for a bit but i don't care since my hair is practically reflective! I've been using this once a week for a month or two and it's been great.

***WARNING DO NOT GET THIS IN YOUR EYES OR YOUR MOUTH. IT STINGS LIKE HELL IN THE EYES AND TASTES GROSS AS WELL.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by prat22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for all the rave reviews its gotten. Right when i got it I made a rinse with 1 part ACV + 3 parts water. And also a toner w/ 1 part ACV + 4 parts water + 5-10 drops of lemon essential oil.
First of all, as a toner, I dunno if its the "purging" effect or my skin is too sensitive, but i broke out right afterwards. It could also be the lemon essential oil, but i'm not willing to experiment again with that.
As a conditioner it works GREAT. Right after i shampoo i just rinse my hair with this and leave it in for a few minutes and rinse it out with COLD water afterwards. My hair seems just as smooth and even shinier than any conditioner i've used so I figured why put all those chemicals in your hair when i can just use this? I've been using it for about 4 days a week and no complaints. Just be careful to keep it away from your scalp, it might cause a reaction if you get it on your forehead.

Tip: to counteract the strong vinegar smell, you can add lavender and rosemary essential oils to this also. For half a cup of apple cider vinegar, i added 2 cups of water and 10-15 drops (your preference) of each rosemary oil and lavender oil. I did a little research, and these two oils are great for hair growth, preventing hair loss and dandruff.
You can also use tea tree and sage if you want.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by myjoyfullife20

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It has been a few days since I started using Bragg's and it has been very effective in calming and clearing up a recent acne flareup from my bad bout with OCM. Let me tell you, my face HURT, the pimples were incredibly painful, but after just one day applying the ACV straight (did not dilute), the redness went down and my face felt so much better. It does smell, but it will go away after a while. Since it is a bit drying, I have started to dilute it with a little bit of water and a drop or two of lavender oil. Highly recommended!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As for me, I am not having acne, just some small hormonal bumps, or allergic reaction after some make-up products that contain bismuth or sulfates... However, after I started using ACV, I have been 100% clear, my skin looks really clear, pores are very small and invisible. I can't be happier, wish I knew about ACV years ago!
The only problem, can not be used too often, otherwise it will be too drying, might get flaky spots.
------------------------------------
I know some people drink it too, as it has many health benefits, but for me I am having light stomach aches, even if I mix it with lots of water. I was also reading it might be bad for liver, so have to take carefully, not on empty stomach for sure. Plus, it might stain teeth and demage enamel, so I would suggest using a straw (so that ACV does not touch your teeth).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Morgan40ish

This makes an amazing hair rinse. Make a solution of half Braggs and half water. Coat your hair and let it sit for a few minutes while in the shower. Rinse and you will have really shiny hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by ummatofa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow... Just wow. I've been using apple cider vinegar, not braggs though coz I don't think we have it here in my country. Been using it for 3 weeks and my skin has never looked better. My acne have dried out, my acne scars are lightening up. Try this pls esp if u have acne.