April 21, 2014 | 1966 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by IqMakeup

I agree with the reviewer nakeeyark. This mask did not do much for me but did however leave my skin matte , even and sort of with a powdery soft texture ! It makes it a perfect canvas to apply makeup on. So I only take this mask out when I have an event or something to go to. It is expensive and I would probably buy it again because I want to try the other LUSH masks. Also, be careful.. the blueberry particles might clog your sink ( my nightmare lol ).
EDIT: It makes my skin look matte - not feel matte ! And i adoree the powdery feeling it gives ! But make sure to follow up with toner or wash well cause the crushed berries often leave 'powder' behind

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

I saved 5 empty black pots and exchanged it for Catastrophe Cosmetic because I could not stop sniffing this blueberry-scented mask at the store. Plus, this is the LUSH mask that is supposed to help with acne, and calamine is an ingredient that my skin always appreciates (hence my love of Fresh Farmacy). This is one of the few non-exfoliating masks I've tried, as I tend to like masks that have a grittier, scrubbier texture. I slather this on to a slightly damp face, let it sit for about 15 - 20 minutes, and rinse off with warm water to be left with extremely smooth and soft skin. Plus, did I mention how amazing this smells? The reason why this is 4 lippies as opposed to 5 is that I didn't see any kind of huge improvement in my skin; rather, I just noticed that the texture was a bit more even, which makes this mask a very good, basic one for me. This is 4.95 GBP for 75 g (about $7.70 USD for 2.65 oz), so it isn't the cheapest mask to buy, but with weekly use, my tiny pot lasted 6 weeks. Make sure you keep it in the freezer until you are ready to use it, and then store it tightly shut in your refrigerator to prolong it's short shelf life. I will definitely trade in 5 more empties for this wonderful mask.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2010 8:32:00 AM More reviews by MyUsername156

Yuck! Love lush but I do not like this. It wouldnt completely wash off and therefore made my skin look kinda ashy and weird and matte. perhaps slightly reduced redness. smells like all sorts of gorgeousness however.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by keim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, this mask wreaked havoc on my skin. I let the mask sit for about 10-15 minutes. I washed it off and it leaves this dark residue and leaves my skin very matte. I had to cleanse to make sure all the residue came off. In a couple of hours my face is itchy and I have irritation bumps because of this mask. My skin still hasn't fully recovered! Now CC mask did reduce my redness which is amazing but other than that it messed up my skin badly. I was left with a rash,drier and irritated.
For reference I have extremely sensitive and dry skin. If you are sensitive don't use this mask!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by mlang11

I love this facial! I was having acne issues on my chin and after using this, it has gone away.

I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Nikileez

This is my favorite out of all the Lush masks I have tried. Left my skin feeling very relieved and moisturized. I have normal to dry skin with some redness. The smell is wonderful and did not have the over exfoliants that a lot of the other masks have. Loved it personally and would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Achlys

I love this mask. I have some acne and redness on my face occasionally and this makes my skintone so even I don't even have to put on concealer or foundation (or tinted moisturizer). I like the blueberry smell and $5 is not much to pay for 5-6 facials.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I've only used this once, so I will give my initial opinion. It smells really nice. I know I shouldn't have but I slept with this on, for about an hour. It did not leave my face dry but it did feel tight. One of my new pimples is calmer now and not painful like it was before. Otherwise the rest of the redness on my face seems to be the same. I didn't expect miracles so that was fine with me. It did leave the rest of my skin very smooth and soft. I'll update if my skin gets better or worse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

My second favourite mask that i like to use for winter when my skin is a little drier. It's moisturizing (in a non greasy) way and really does calm down redness (which my face is prone to) :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hands down my favorite Fresh Face Mask from Lush.

I tried it the other night for the first time. I had a small cluster of pimples that poked out to say hello and were red and mean looking. I had purchased this Sunday so figured it would at least get rid of the red due to the calamine powder it contains.

Man oh man.

I jumped in the shower after wearing it for 15 minutes (BTW the smell is yummy, not too sweet or anything - but one of the better smelling masks). I rinsed the mask off and my skin felt so smooth. After i got out of the shower I looked in the mirror and my skin looked calm all over. I could see the bumps, but the redness had gone down a lot.

I followed it up with my Saving Face Serum bar and went to sleep.

The next morning the bumps were way smaller, almost unnoticable, the redness was completely gone, my skin felt tighter, but not facelift tight, and my skin was matte, no oil slick or dryness which i usually get.

When i got to work females I work with said my skin looked really good! Love this stuff - will buy it many many more times to come!