October 25, 2014 | 1589 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Veee07

This was the first Lush mask I've bought. I'm a huge Lush fan and I've loved pretty much every product I've tried from them. I like that this has fresh ingredients, the only downfall is that you have to use it within 2-3 weeks of buying it (depending on when they received it). I put this on and left it for about 10 minutes. I read some of the other reviews about this and some other people had complained about the blueberries falling off....I don't know if they now crush the blueberries or what, but I didn't have chunks of blueberries. Instead, my pot had crushed blueberries and they were well blended throughout the product. The smell of this is yummy and is better than most of the masks that Lush carries (which is partially why I chose this one). This was easy to work with and it wasn't too dry or runny and was easy to remove. It left my skin matte and smooth and my redness has reduced.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by followthetide

I love the color and scent of this product. It's a much more pleasant experience than the garlic smelling cosmetic warrior mask. After I use it, my face is matte and soft, and smells nice. However, I have very sensitive combination skin, and the next day after using this, every time I use it, some areas of my face are covered in little tiny bumps. I think it may be the perfume.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by summergirl23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this Lush mask after returning from a March trip to London, England. My face was wind-burned and sore and beet red. I used the mask for two days straight and my skin was completely healed.

The blueberries and calamine powder make it messy so I don't know if I'd use it everyday. But if I get sun or wind burnt, this is my quick cure!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by mindlips

Lush's Catastrophe Cosmetic mask is overall decent. The mask smells very nice and the color isn't atrocious when you place it on your face (it's kind of like a periwinkle). It makes your face immediately matte, and temporarily lighter in color after using the mask. However, I did not notice it combating 'disasters' as much as any other skin care product.. It could probably only smell nice and that's about it. I agree with what others have said about the blueberries falling off. Make sure you're willing to wipe tables and sinks if you're STILL willing to buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by fuchsiascarf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite fresh face mask that lush offers. I have sensitive, dry skin that is prone to breakouts and this mask helps to calm the redness on my face without irritating it. It has a light fruity smell and dries quickly. When I wash the mask off my face, I find that a white residue remains, this may be the calamine in the mask. A quick rinse with a facewash easily removes the residue and leaves my skin soft. The mask is very cheap at roughly $6 and I usually get 5-6 uses out of the mask. Additionally, 5 empty, clean pots can be traded for another face mask. This is definitely something I always keep in my refrigerator.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by nalina82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably the best face mask that I have ever tried that hasn't included any alcohol or other harsh products. I have very oily skin which is super prone to blackheads and such. I took this guy out of the fridge and applied a moderate layer to the entirety of my face. There was only a slight scent to it, not unpleasant. More of a natural, fruity scent without the nauseating sweetness of artificial scents. The little pieces of blueberry stuck to my face was also quite amusing. I left the mask on for 20 minutes and then stepped into the shower to rinse it off. My face felt firm and smooth while scrubbing it off. After drying off and checking the results in the mirror, I found that it had very nearly cleared out all of my pores and blackheads with none of the stinging or harshness that may accompany so many other facial masks. There was what seemed like a powdery film on my face, but after applying moisturizer it was gone. As always, the packaging is wonderful and recyclable and is part of the LUSH recycle program for their pots. Great product!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Mebs786

I bought this as it was recommended by the SA at lush. I was going to get the sacred truth face mask but she said that this one was better for me as I have acne prone skin. Also it smells gorgeous! After using this mask my skin felt smooth and fresh. I really liked it. However the next morning I had a few breakouts. They soon cleared but when I next used it again the same happened.. Also this mask flakes off a lot as it is drying.. I won't be purchasing this one again as I have since tried the cupcake and the love lettuce masks which I am really liking..

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by lovelypinktofu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I think this is one of the more tolerable smelling masks from Lush. I hate most of their masks smells (except love lettuce and cupcake, those smell fab) and this one's nice as well! Light and mild.
The periwinkle blue is so pretty and the mask is right consistency, not too paste-like and not to watery. The biggest downside is that it's quite messy- the blueberries fall off as it starts drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by sarah1nicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This mask is so so. The Lush SA recommended this to me and said that it was the better smelling version of Cosmetic Warrior (my HG). I decided to try it and one of the only pro's was that it did smell fresh and fruity. The consistency of this mask was very strange. I opened it up and a ton of liquid spilled out and the rest of it was rather hard and thick feeling. I managed to mix the liquid into the thicker mixture and applied it. It dried rather fast, but was quick to flake off and fall everywhere. Complete mess! I removed the mask with water and my cleanser. It left this weird film on my face. So I washed again. The film was still there. I decided to let it sit on my face and try again in the morning, as to not further irritate my face. It kept my face matte all night, so I assume this mask would be awesome for someone with more oily skin who needs to keep the shine at bay. This did nothing for my acne but it didn't do any damage to my skin either. A pretty mediocre product overall.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

This is my second mask to try from LUSH. The first & so far my favorite is Cupcake! This one attracted me because of the blueberry concept & the smell. When applied, it gives off a very relaxing smell & the texture is great. Although I want to keep this on my face longer, it does tend to flake off & powder off really fast! It became annoying after a while =/ I dont find this mask to do anything really to my face, unlike the Cupcake one I saw instant results. Maybe I need to use up the whole tub? Idk, but I dont see myself repurchasing this anytime soon.