August 20, 2014 | 1468 users online

Polishes - OPI - Cajun Shrimp

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 5:18:00 AM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cajun Shrimp was not at all what I expected it to be. I expected it to be a bright red-orange, like a tomato red color, and that's basically how it looks in the bottle. But it's actually a coral! It's just a deeper more red coral than most. It's very similar to Essie Flirt except Flirt has a touch more pink to it. Since I wanted a red orange creme I was disappointed, and since I already have Essie Flirt for my deep coral shade I didn't keep this one. It's kind of in between a red orange and a dark coral, odd color that can't make up its mind! Application was pretty good but as always I hate the pro-wide brush for pedis which is what I would use this for.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by frimpled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this color! I was looking for a melony red for the summer, and I struck gold with this one. It's sort of an orangey, melon/coral, almost-red color. It's very bright, and it looks great on me (warm, very fair skintone) It's a very fun color and a must-have. Also, the wearability was fab. Lasted so long that I got over the color (over a week)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 11:13:00 AM More reviews by hedgehog2484

I did not expect to like Cajun Shrimp as much as I do. I was avoiding these types of colors as I am very fair and cooler toned. I thought this would be too bright and orange-y. However, I came across it for a very low price and figured if I didn't like it, I could always swap it. When the weather suddenly turned warm a couple weeks ago, I decided to give it a shot and haven't yet taken it off.
Cajun Shrimp is a orange-coral-red creme. I think the reason I can make it work for me is the amount of red in it; I would never be able to wear a straight orange. While this is not as good of a match for me as a cherry red or a berry shade, I still like the way it looks.
I would not be able to wear it year-round (but I'll bet a skintone that is more warm or tan could) but Cajun Shrimp is a great, hot, bright fun shade for summer. It's too good to pass up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by laninadiva

I love Cajun Shrimp! I wanted a beachy, fun for spring, happy color for a pedicure and this is definitely it. Like other reviewers have stated, it is a bright orangey red coral. I don't think I could get away with it on my fingernails but it looks great on my toes. Once sandal/flip flop season hits, I always reach for this polish. It stays on well with base coat, 2 coats, and top coat. It is very easy to apply with OPI's wide brush. I definitely will buy another bottle when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by breakfast_at_tiffanys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Cajun Shrimp is a bright coral orange-y red creme from OPI. I like the color, but it doesn't quite suit my PPP skin. I can get away with it on my toes, but it looks bad on my fingers, unfortunately. Other then that I love the color and I love OPI's formula! I took one lippie off just because of the price and the fact that it doesn't look that great on me. I probably wouldn't buy it again just because their are a lot of other colors that suit me better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 11:27:00 PM More reviews by onebadassninja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this. It's bright, cheery, perfect for spring and summer. I use it on my toes, mainly, because it's quite bright. I love OPI brushes, they are angled perfectly and provide the perfect brush to control application... you will not regret this purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2008 12:30:00 PM More reviews by paula3boys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color caught my eye when I was getting my hair done in a beauty salon awhile ago. I don't get my nails done or do them myself often, but had to have this color when I saw it. This coral type color looks gorgeous on my NC30 (olive complexion) skin. I like wearing it when I want a pick-me-up!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by ali723

great color! very bright and happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by tifflet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my go-to color for summer. I admittedly have a bit of an obsession with coral, and this is my favorite. A little less orange than My Chihuahua Bites, and great on the toes with a tan. As previously stated, if you go for nudes, this may not be for you. But if you are like I am, and have no desire for a nude toenail - go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 10:16:00 PM More reviews by dressagehj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG coral! Love this one... applies nicely, good, even color in 2 coats. Very fun for summer, but I sneak it in during the winter too. :-)