October 23, 2014 | 1922 users online

Polishes - OPI - Cajun Shrimp

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by SophH

I love this colour!! I uploaded a picture of it (it's not really good quality but I hope it lets you see the shade reasonably accurately). It applies really well, it doesn't streak and you only need two coats. It never seems to chip and lasts ages-even without a top coat. I only wear this on my toes as I find it a bit bold for fingernails.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by classygirl

I really love OPI polishes, esp the reds and pinks. I bought this one along with Charged Up Cherry. Unfortunately, this does not compliment my skin tone nearly as much as CUC or My Chiw Bites. It is too orange based for me, but would work perfectly for those that are warm toned. I can still however, wear this and it looks decent even though I'm cool toned. I just much prefer other corals from OPI. Great quality in general otherwise.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 5:18:00 AM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cajun Shrimp was not at all what I expected it to be. I expected it to be a bright red-orange, like a tomato red color, and that's basically how it looks in the bottle. But it's actually a coral! It's just a deeper more red coral than most. It's very similar to Essie Flirt except Flirt has a touch more pink to it. Since I wanted a red orange creme I was disappointed, and since I already have Essie Flirt for my deep coral shade I didn't keep this one. It's kind of in between a red orange and a dark coral, odd color that can't make up its mind! Application was pretty good but as always I hate the pro-wide brush for pedis which is what I would use this for.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by frimpled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this color! I was looking for a melony red for the summer, and I struck gold with this one. It's sort of an orangey, melon/coral, almost-red color. It's very bright, and it looks great on me (warm, very fair skintone) It's a very fun color and a must-have. Also, the wearability was fab. Lasted so long that I got over the color (over a week)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 11:13:00 AM More reviews by hedgehog2484

I did not expect to like Cajun Shrimp as much as I do. I was avoiding these types of colors as I am very fair and cooler toned. I thought this would be too bright and orange-y. However, I came across it for a very low price and figured if I didn't like it, I could always swap it. When the weather suddenly turned warm a couple weeks ago, I decided to give it a shot and haven't yet taken it off.
Cajun Shrimp is a orange-coral-red creme. I think the reason I can make it work for me is the amount of red in it; I would never be able to wear a straight orange. While this is not as good of a match for me as a cherry red or a berry shade, I still like the way it looks.
I would not be able to wear it year-round (but I'll bet a skintone that is more warm or tan could) but Cajun Shrimp is a great, hot, bright fun shade for summer. It's too good to pass up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by laninadiva

I love Cajun Shrimp! I wanted a beachy, fun for spring, happy color for a pedicure and this is definitely it. Like other reviewers have stated, it is a bright orangey red coral. I don't think I could get away with it on my fingernails but it looks great on my toes. Once sandal/flip flop season hits, I always reach for this polish. It stays on well with base coat, 2 coats, and top coat. It is very easy to apply with OPI's wide brush. I definitely will buy another bottle when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by breakfast_at_tiffanys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Cajun Shrimp is a bright coral orange-y red creme from OPI. I like the color, but it doesn't quite suit my PPP skin. I can get away with it on my toes, but it looks bad on my fingers, unfortunately. Other then that I love the color and I love OPI's formula! I took one lippie off just because of the price and the fact that it doesn't look that great on me. I probably wouldn't buy it again just because their are a lot of other colors that suit me better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 11:27:00 PM More reviews by onebadassninja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this. It's bright, cheery, perfect for spring and summer. I use it on my toes, mainly, because it's quite bright. I love OPI brushes, they are angled perfectly and provide the perfect brush to control application... you will not regret this purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2008 12:30:00 PM More reviews by paula3boys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color caught my eye when I was getting my hair done in a beauty salon awhile ago. I don't get my nails done or do them myself often, but had to have this color when I saw it. This coral type color looks gorgeous on my NC30 (olive complexion) skin. I like wearing it when I want a pick-me-up!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by ali723

great color! very bright and happy.