LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

on 4/14/2012 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Cupcake is not really nice smelling…And though it cleanses really well, I feel that it does nothing much for my spots. 10 minutes worth of waiting time is rather convenient for me as compared to those sheet masks which need to be left on for 20 to 30 minutes. Yet, for $24 per tub that could only last for a month at most, I feel that this is really pricey. I use Cupcake every other day, and it only brightens my complexion a little while leaving it really clean. That's about it. There is an 80% that I would not repurchase Cupcake mask. I somehow feel that I seem to breakout even more after using this. I'm only left with at most 3 uses so I'm going to finish it up for the sake of using it up.

It is a hassle to use this mask because I have to use a disposable utensil to scoop this out of the pot and make sure my fingers do not contaminate it. Again, this mask does not make a difference to my complexion, which is why I'm grouchy right now.

I might try Cosmetic Repair from Lush. Or not buy any masks from Lush again. Somehow the Lush SAs in Singapore are really pushy and irritating. I feel that I might just settle for the latter because I'm really sad of Lush masks aggravating my breakouts which were already moderately severe to begin with.

on 4/2/2012 8:45:00 AM

Worked a treat and smelled like one too! Found application and washing off very easy, smoothed out all my bumps and minimized the appearance of my blackheads. Good for use at the start of the day as it will make the surface of your face look flawless before makeup application.

on 3/21/2012 6:28:00 PM

Before you buy this, it will not get rid of your acne/zits..it just smoothes your skin..it works really weell for that.

on 3/20/2012 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Everyone says this but, it really does smell amazing. If you put this on your face i the morning, you'll smell faintly off chocolate and mint all day! I alternate between this and cosmetic warrior for a couple reasons.
#1 My skin adapts too well to just use one kind of product.
#2 I like to switch it up.
#3 Cupcake smells amazing, but cosmetic warrior works a lot better. =(

on 3/17/2012 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

So I used up a pot of Cupcake Mask so I guess this is the right time for me to review this.
I personally want to love this mask so bad but I just can't. The smell of this mask is delicious. It smells like chocolate and I really love it (even though I don't like chocolate, I still like smelling it). However, this mask does nothing to my skin. I have acne prone/oily skin and I break out very easily and I hope this mask can control the break out as it claims to do so. So today I decided to use my last application of this mask because I am breaking out horribly due to eating too much ice cream (dairy breaks me out badly). But unfortunately, after I use this mask, I still feel sore on my pimples and the redness is not gone. Therefore, I will not repurchase this mask but I still want to try other masks of LUSH because I've been addicted to LUSH lately :D

on 2/18/2012 3:21:00 PM

I made sure to check out the reviews of this product on MUA before actually going out and buying it and I am so glad that I did!!!

I purchased a pot this morning and have tried it for the first time this evening. I applied it using the back of a cold spoon (I worry about bacteria as I have very oily, acne prone skin) and I am loving it so far.

The smell is gorgeous (I like it but others may not!) and my skin was left feeling super soft and shine free afterwards. The mask is relatively inexpensive to purchase at under £6 and I was told that if you take back 5 empty pots (must be clean) you will get a free face mask! Bonus :-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this for breakout weeks! It smells like you should eat it and, as someone with mildly cystic acne and lost of black/white heads, this does WONDERS for my skin. I can't say enough good things about this. The only sad thing about all LUSH masks is that I never finish them before they expire. :(

on 2/13/2012 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used this on monday. on tuesday I broke out. since then, I've had huge cysts. hate hate hate.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have on,y given this 2 llippies just for the smell of this. It's divine, considering I'm a chocoholic!!!
BUT that's all that's good to say about it. I have somewhat sensitive skin in that if something goes on my skin and it doesn't like it my skin breaks out. Well that's what happened after two uses of this! Won't repurchase ever! Lush is so hit and miss!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I never really got all the hype behind LUSH (everytime I walked past the store, it stunk sooo bad). But after buying this mask, I am a convert to their masks and face soaps!!!!!!! The mask has a heavenly chocolate smell. It is designed for "problem skin", i.e. oily, acne-prone. I have very oily skin that is prone to acne and irritation. This mask deep cleans my skin, calms my redness, and leaves my skin super-soft (not dried out). This is a fresh mask, so it needs to be kept in the refridgirator and used up in about 2 weeks. Since a little goes a long way, I can usually use this mask 3-4 per week to use up the whole product. The price is pretty reasonable ($7ish) compared to other LUSH skincare items, and what's even better is that with 5 empty mask pots, you get a free mask (which makes it an even better deal). If you have trouble-some skin, don't pass this mask up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!