October 21, 2014 | 2018 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by troubleinlipstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't work for me. Cocoa butter breaks you out. It made me break out. Too expensive for such little shelf life

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by MissJenn909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cupcake mask smells like mint chocolate and is aimed at teenagers with oily skin, aka people like me! Haha. This mask really did remove the excess oil from my skin, just like it promised. It also removed the redness and swelling from any spots I had and left my skin glowing. It was not overly drying and did not irritate my skin which can sometimes be sensitive. I love that the product is natural but I don't like the short shelf-life!! You only need a little to cover your face so when it goes off, you kind of feel like you're wasting the left-overs. The shelf life is the only reason for the -1 lippy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by BlushingBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this product. It works wonders for my combo acne prone skin. It was about $7 and totally worth it. I use this 4 times a week, and leave it on for about 10 minutes each time I use it. I know some people love the scent and some people hate it, to me it just smells like choclate cupcake batter witch I don`t mind. It has a few tiny expolating beads in it so it always leaves my skin super soft. If I have a break out and I use this the blemish will be gone within 2 days! It also reduces redness witch I have alot of. This dried out my blemishes but moisturized my skin so well. the olny things that I did not like about this face mask was you have to keep it in the fridge because it has lots of fresh ingredients. It also expires quickly to, it has an expirey date on the bottom of the container and usally it expires 2 weeks after I purchase it witch is why I use it so often. Overall I love this product and I would reccomend it to anyone with acne prone skin and redness. I would defantily repurchase this product! Thanks for reading and I hope this helps!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by thedallasdiary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this mask. It makes my skin clear and glowy. The smell is so good! I don't always need a mask this strong but I wish I did so I could use it all the time! Non-irritating. Did not break me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by mellieheart

I have oily, acne prone skin. I broke out today from using a new blush, so I decided to try this out. It worked wonders for my irritated skin! It made my face soft and less red. The one downfall for me is the smell. A lot of people love it, so don't let it stop you from buying this wonderful mask, but to me it reminds me of the gritty chocolate mint toothpaste that my dentist used to polish my teeth when I was little.
All in all, I would definitely repurchase this when my acne flares up.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by welcometothefamily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This face mask smelt amazing, wasn't horrendously expensive, and as I live near a lush store, came in a very convenient little black pot.
That's where the pros stop. This mask did absolutely nothing for my skin except make it smell like chocolate.
I'll give it two lippies for the scent, and the fact that it didn't do anything BAD to my skin, it just didn't do anything good either. I would not buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

The only good ingredients in this, rhassoul clay and cocoa powder, can be purchased MUCH cheaper than this and mixed as needed at home. I actually do this mask myself at home and it cost me about 12$ for more than a year's supply of clay and cocoa powder (organic). You can add cocoa butter too if you want, but it's not a good idea if you have even mildly acne prone skin as cocoa butter is about as comedogenic as it gets. I like to throw some jojoba oil in my mask too, or a bit of raw honey, if I want some additional moisture. The mint oils in this are unnecessary and actually do more harm than good as menthol is actually a skin IRRITANT.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by LadyNicc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Mmmm yummy face mask! It looks and smells of pure chocolate, so good you want to just eat it! And I have to be careful putting it in the fridge just in case someone does! Makes my face nice and soft. The fact that it has an expiry date is the downside but I want to state this stuff lasts MUCH longer than the suggested expiry date. Ive had mine forever and its still the same consistency and scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 8:04:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I bought this a couple of times back when i had acne. Did not help much beyond mild smoothing that you can get with any mask. One star for that and two for the smell! Also it would give me fresh pimples... At least one... Every time i used it :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by bernb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a Lush face mask junkie – and Cupcake is my favourite!
I have been using Cupcake for about six months now. I always make sure I have a pot in the fridge.
It is designed for ‘problem skin’ – I have my acne pretty much under control at the moment (hormonal due to PCOS) but I also suffer from rosacea. Cupcake is soothing, non-drying and takes all the redness out of my face – my skin is so calm after using Cupcake! I personally like to use it before a night out to completely calm my skin before doing a full face of makeup. It does seem to help with oiliness, but not a great deal. After Cupcake, my skin is just relaxed, happy, even toned, soft and smooth.
The smell is divine – chocolate minty goodness!
Unfortunately I cannot comment on Cupcake’s ability to help clear pimples and outbreaks, as I have never used it on active acne. However, my skin does stay unclogged for a few days after using it (sebaceous filaments on nose, slightly clogged T zone).
I slather on a thick layer and leave it on for about 20 to 30 minutes. I recommend washing it off in the shower as it can get quite messy.
I also make sure I thoroughly cleanse my face afterwards so nothing is left behind.
Some people have commented that Cupcake can be drying if left on too long – I personally have not had this problem, but please, keep this in mind – everyone’s skin is unique. I started off with the recommended time of ten minutes to start with, and then built up from there as I noticed my skin did not dry out from Cupcake. But some people’s skin will dry out from this mask if it is left on too long.
Lush Cupcake is $15.95 AUD – I think that is fairly reasonable considering the price of face masks here in general (drugstore starts at around $10 a tube/pot for the cheap nasty stuff). Lush also have their excellent rewards system where you get a free face mask for returning five black pots.
My other favourite Lush fresh mask is Catastrophe Cosmetic, but Cupcake is definitely my number 1.
Everyone’s skin is different, but I highly recommend giving Cupcake a go.
I will continue to buy Cupcake for as long as it exists!