Bare Escentuals Well Rested

Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Kaolin, Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 6/21/2009 12:59:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I use Well Rested on my lids, as a highligher under my browbone, to cover the dark circles under my eyes. In fact, it's the only product that is giving Jane Iredale Active Light concealer a run for the money with me. JI used to be my favorite, and I still love it for traveling, since the brush and product are all one piece. But I love that when I am in a rush, WR is a "do-it-all" product for me, as I mentioned above (yes, most days I do not wear any eyeshadow!). I like the warm tone to the product; it really blends well with my skintone around my eyes. Definitely one of my most reliable products!

on 6/9/2009 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just used this product for the first time today and I've got to say I LOVE what it does for making my skin look luminous. I have lightly tanned olive skin, and the result was short of a miracle for making me look, well... well rested! However, using it dry just isn't the way this product works best. I used my wet concealer brush dampened with water, dabbed it into the pot and primed in onto my hand first before 'painting' it lightly on my lids, inner eye corners and over my dark undereye circles. I even used it around my lower nose area to conceal small red veins. I did use it dry on large dark areas of my face just to even my skin tone before applying BE foundation, but for the eye area it worked best applied wet. I have yet to see how it holds up after hours of wear, but my first impression is one of amazement. Can't say enough about Well Rested. It really does what it claims!

I'm just so so with this one. I got it as a sample in the membership with BE I was once part of and while I like it as a base, no matter what application method I use I just don't feel like it makes a worthy undereye concealer. But, it may work for some, just not for me. I probably wouldn't buy it again...it's just a light taupe eyeshadow for which there are many alternatives.

on 5/4/2009 12:03:00 AM

I got Well Rested in some kit a looong time ago, and pretty much forgot about it. Recently though, we've been reunited. And it feels so good. --- Really though. I can't say I use this often under my eyes (I probably should try it that way... my circles are starting to scream a little louder these days). BUT - on a day when I want to look polished without doing any kind of fun makeup, I dust a little bit of Well Rested over my UDPP or TFSI, throw on some mascara, and consider my eyes done. The Well Rested gives me that clean, wide-eyed, even-toned look that I *wish* came naturally (and makes the look of black mascara really *pop* in contrast - I love it!). It's a slightly yellow-toned creamy color to my eyes, which someone works really well on my fair and slightly olive skin. Whodathunkit? Anyway, even though I feel like I'll never run out of *anything* from BE, when I inevitably spill this baby, I'll get another. She makes my life a little bit easier, and I appreciate that.

on 4/29/2009 4:16:00 AM

I'm not a huge Bare Escentuals fan, but this stuff is great. I'm on my second one. I use it as a powder over my under-eye concealer and as a cover-up on fading acne marks. It does a great job gently concealing and blending.

on 2/11/2009 6:24:00 PM

I have been sorely disappointed with this product. Over the past several weeks, I have tried and tried to get this product to work, but it just can't be done. I must admit, this is the first time Bare Escentuals has disappointed me. This product may be good for some, but it did nothing to lighten my under-eye circles or provide coverage for acne. It may work better for others with a darker complexion though. I am so pale and pink, it just wouldn't blend in.

on 1/15/2009 3:13:00 AM

I love this for my eyelids. I have naturally discolored lids and this really evens them out. I am very fair but with a yellow undertone so this matches pretty well. I can't use this (or any bare minerals) under my eyes because I find it way to drying and it just draws attention to fine lines.

I love this product. My old roomie bought it a while back but I was never interested in it but I recently got it in the 'Get Started Complexion Enhancers' kit. I really like the white under the eye look & this definitely achieves that. You don't need too much because if you use too much it could get too white. I really didn't realize how well it worked until I went out with some friends and when I saw all the pictures we took I really liked the way my make up looked and it was mostly in my eyes. I definitely recommend this product and a little goes a long way.

on 12/5/2008 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

People with deeper skin tones may not find this a very good match but for my very fair skin it's been great! The yellow tone really helps conceil my dark circles and it blends great and stays in place for hours. It would be nice if they came out with a shade for darker skin tones though so everyone could use it. That would be my only complaint.

on 12/1/2008 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I got this in a kit and had it for a long time before I actually tried it. I used it as an eyeshadow. It is really too light for me. For reference, I used MAC Mineralize in Medium Plus. I could not imagine using this under the eye, I think on me it would look scary and just wrong. It might be a good highlighter for some people but it just doesn't work for me. I expected it to just even out the eyelid and brighten, but the color kind of clashes with my skin. They should make a darker version of Well Rested, because obviously this shade doesn't work for everyone.

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products