September 22, 2014 | 1803 users online

Cleansers - Mary Kay - Velocity Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2006 9:57:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this for about a week and a half, and it cleared up my face rather well. I used it with the velocity moisturizer too, along with the timewise microdermabrasion (since the exfoliation with the Velocity is very minimal). Well, after 2 weeks of being happy with it and finally having clear skin, I switched to the Timewise set because I wanted to prevent wrinkles, and I thought if the Velocity worked, well then surely the timewise wouldnt hurt. I was wrong. After a week of using the timewise, my face exploded with pimples. I dont know what it was because the timewise seemed pretty similar to the velocity. Needless to say, Im switching back to the velocity, hoping it will clear it up again.***************update**************
I've started to use this again, and after just a few days, its starting to clear up my skin, again. It worked great for me a month ago, but when I decided to try the timewise line (wanted to prevent wrinkles) my face BROKE OUT! well, I tried a good many things to treat that break out, including olay's antiblemish line, and the oil cleansing method... didnt get any better. So I thought, why not just try the velocity again. Sure enough, 3 days later, my forehead and chin are clearing up. I also use the timewise microdermabrasion set every other day for a good exfoliation. I'm really dumbfounded because Velocity is aimed at teenagers, and isnt really an acne medication. It also gets mediocre reviews here. But hey, it works for me like nothing else, and clears up all my pimples! Mind you, I dont have cystic acne, nor do I have oily skin (I have normal skin oil-wise). I also have very sensitive, pale skin, and this has not irritated me. The smell is nice too. I use a clean washcloth each time I was with this (morning & night) since there is hardly any exfoliation in the cleanser. Yay, clearer skin!!!!!! who knew??

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2005 11:37:00 PM More reviews by luvactuallyisallarnd

I bought this from a friend of mine who sells Mary Kay. I tried this face wash at her house and bought it immediately. It felt so invigorating after using it. This cleanser has a very nice scent to it; it's not fruity nor is it musky...kind of hard to describe. Anyway, this cleanser has small jojoba beads that slough off my dead skin cells on my face. Sometimes I leave it on for half a minute before massaging it off. I think the price is definitely worth it ($10). I also get 10-15% off since the woman who sold this face wash to me is a very good friend. Definitely repurchase....I have already gone through my 3rd tube!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2005 11:06:00 PM More reviews by mugzly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

makes my skin smooth and feeling clean

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2005 1:11:00 PM More reviews by caramelkiss19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently remembered that I used this product regularly a few years ago. I can't for the life of me remember, though why I stopped using this! I've used many different acne cleansers since, proactiv, murad, philosophy, sensiclear, burt's bees, noxema, neutrogena, olay, etc. My skin has not been great with any of them...this seems to be the best cleanser I have found for the buck and I've tried my fair share. I have found that you need even less than the size of a pea to get a nice rich lather. I also love the velocity scent. Hopefully I continue to be just as thrilled as I am now that I rediscovered this. My consultant sells the cleanser + moisturizer for $20. Nice...
**Update this cleanser always irritates my skin the more I use it :( not for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2005 8:23:00 PM More reviews by glowfishglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have normal to slightly combo skin. I loved the smell of this cleanser, but I found that it kinfa dried my skin up. I never got zits again, but I love that natual glow. I recently switched to lush and I love it! I would say, beware for those people who have sensitive skin...the fragrance will irritate yout skin (happened to a friend and turned her face red) also, it has alcohol in it, so unless you have oily skin, stay away! No matter what those peopel say, if you break out or if it drys out your skin...stop using it! I've found out the hard way that those Mary Kay girls will say anything to make a sale. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2005 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Erica_B

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is the best! I have tried a zillion different kinds of cleansers and nothing would make my face look and feel this great!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2005 8:56:00 PM More reviews by WhisperInAutumn

I rarely use Mary Kay, but this is one of those products that breaks down all the walls. In the past I've had this problem with cronic bumps and pimples on my forhead. My best friend said she'd been using Velocity since her she was out of her regular face wash, but that it was drying her already normal-dry skin out. I remembered using a Velocity lotion from a student and that I liked it, so I asked my best friend if I could use it. And it seems like only three or four days later, the little bumps on my forehead have noticably diminished (though not completely). I don't remember the lotion smelling this way (then again that was years ago), I do like the clean scent. The cleanser leaves your face completely refreshed and light. The tiny, tiny exfoliating beads are nice. This is one Mary Kay product I'm definitely getting hooked on. $10 for 5 fl. oz. UPDATE: I guess I never really noticed, but I walked into the kitchen one day and my mother gave me a funny look at started laughing at me. I asked her what all the funny was about and she said my forehead was so shiney it was gleaming. I check in the mirror, and sure enough, it'll make your skin shinier than a headlight. I definitely only use this before bed. I've made a switch to Lancome's foaming gel Clarte' during the mornings and day. I'll use this up, but won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2005 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Hannah426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I have been using it for about three years and I have only switched products once. It has tiny exfoliating beads that really do exfoliate but the beads aren't harsh on your skin. It has a light, refreshing fragrence. After you wash your face, it feels ten times better. You skin just feels so much lighter and cleaner. I will always use Velocity.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2005 8:29:00 PM More reviews by eya86

I LOVE this product!!! I used to break out all the time, but since I started using this, my skin has totally cleared up. By using just this and the Velociy moisturizer, my skin has never looked better. I used to use a cleanser, toner, mask and moisturizer before, but I never got these kind of results. I definitely reccomend this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2005 2:57:00 PM More reviews by silvercatt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is pretty much the BEST cleanser I have ever used.
its a bit pricey at 18$CAD, but I think its worth it.
The little tiny beads didn;t exfoliate a lot, but using it everyday, you could see the difference. I used up 2 bottles of this, and I LOVE the subtle fragrance.

This is the only cleanser I use, but I have to stop using it for a while for it to have the same effect as it did at first (glow, cleared up skin etc.).
My friend also uses this and she has combo, non-sensitive Asian skin (whereas i have very dry, sensitive, porcelain skin). She loves it just as much as I do.