Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser

3.7

Water TEA-Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Dimethicone, Comfrey Extract, Dog Rose Hips Extract, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Coneflower Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Sandalwood Extract, Meadowsweet Extract, Chaparral Extract, Golden Seal Root Extract, Cinnamon Extract, Lauramine Oxide, Triethanolamine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-150 Distearate, C12-15 Akyl Benzoate, Diazolidinyl Urea, VelocityTM Fragrance, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Polyethylene, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil

on 5/10/2006 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got a sample of this when I obtained a Lot of MK samples from my brother in law who bought them at auction. The sample pack I got was enough for three washes. This cleanser was ok, but nothing to write home about. It was safe enough to use on my eyes. I don't know about how well it takes off eye makeup, I have been using my Bliss Lid and Lash wash as an eye makeup remover prior to cleansing. It lathered, which I like. The scent was ok, not fantastic but not foul smelling. There are these tiny little beads in it that I guess are meant to exfoliate the face but I think those are a big fat joke. I don't know how those things could exfoliate anything. Kind of a waste to put them in there. Use a heavier duty exfoliator seperately, in my opinion. I wasn't too the moon about it so I doubt I would actually purchase it.

on 4/10/2006 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

my sister purchases products with mary kay and she bought me the makeup remover along with the cleanser and the moisturizer when i first opened it i smelled it and wow it has such a fruity smell to it i love it every mornin g when i wash my face i feel alll charged up this is an awsome product

on 2/25/2006 5:31:00 PM

I really don't like this product! When I used this on my combination skin, it really dried me out :( I also feel like I'm putting shampoo on my face because of the smell and lather. NOT the kind of feeling I want in a face wash. I don't think I would reccomend this product for anyone. But hey, I'm glad it works for some people.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this for about a week and a half, and it cleared up my face rather well. I used it with the velocity moisturizer too, along with the timewise microdermabrasion (since the exfoliation with the Velocity is very minimal). Well, after 2 weeks of being happy with it and finally having clear skin, I switched to the Timewise set because I wanted to prevent wrinkles, and I thought if the Velocity worked, well then surely the timewise wouldnt hurt. I was wrong. After a week of using the timewise, my face exploded with pimples. I dont know what it was because the timewise seemed pretty similar to the velocity. Needless to say, Im switching back to the velocity, hoping it will clear it up again.***************update**************
I've started to use this again, and after just a few days, its starting to clear up my skin, again. It worked great for me a month ago, but when I decided to try the timewise line (wanted to prevent wrinkles) my face BROKE OUT! well, I tried a good many things to treat that break out, including olay's antiblemish line, and the oil cleansing method... didnt get any better. So I thought, why not just try the velocity again. Sure enough, 3 days later, my forehead and chin are clearing up. I also use the timewise microdermabrasion set every other day for a good exfoliation. I'm really dumbfounded because Velocity is aimed at teenagers, and isnt really an acne medication. It also gets mediocre reviews here. But hey, it works for me like nothing else, and clears up all my pimples! Mind you, I dont have cystic acne, nor do I have oily skin (I have normal skin oil-wise). I also have very sensitive, pale skin, and this has not irritated me. The smell is nice too. I use a clean washcloth each time I was with this (morning & night) since there is hardly any exfoliation in the cleanser. Yay, clearer skin!!!!!! who knew??

I bought this from a friend of mine who sells Mary Kay. I tried this face wash at her house and bought it immediately. It felt so invigorating after using it. This cleanser has a very nice scent to it; it's not fruity nor is it musky...kind of hard to describe. Anyway, this cleanser has small jojoba beads that slough off my dead skin cells on my face. Sometimes I leave it on for half a minute before massaging it off. I think the price is definitely worth it ($10). I also get 10-15% off since the woman who sold this face wash to me is a very good friend. Definitely repurchase....I have already gone through my 3rd tube!

on 12/28/2005 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

makes my skin smooth and feeling clean

on 11/19/2005 8:23:00 PM

I have normal to slightly combo skin. I loved the smell of this cleanser, but I found that it kinfa dried my skin up. I never got zits again, but I love that natual glow. I recently switched to lush and I love it! I would say, beware for those people who have sensitive skin...the fragrance will irritate yout skin (happened to a friend and turned her face red) also, it has alcohol in it, so unless you have oily skin, stay away! No matter what those peopel say, if you break out or if it drys out your skin...stop using it! I've found out the hard way that those Mary Kay girls will say anything to make a sale. :(

on 11/3/2005 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is the best! I have tried a zillion different kinds of cleansers and nothing would make my face look and feel this great!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I rarely use Mary Kay, but this is one of those products that breaks down all the walls. In the past I've had this problem with cronic bumps and pimples on my forhead. My best friend said she'd been using Velocity since her she was out of her regular face wash, but that it was drying her already normal-dry skin out. I remembered using a Velocity lotion from a student and that I liked it, so I asked my best friend if I could use it. And it seems like only three or four days later, the little bumps on my forehead have noticably diminished (though not completely). I don't remember the lotion smelling this way (then again that was years ago), I do like the clean scent. The cleanser leaves your face completely refreshed and light. The tiny, tiny exfoliating beads are nice. This is one Mary Kay product I'm definitely getting hooked on. $10 for 5 fl. oz. UPDATE: I guess I never really noticed, but I walked into the kitchen one day and my mother gave me a funny look at started laughing at me. I asked her what all the funny was about and she said my forehead was so shiney it was gleaming. I check in the mirror, and sure enough, it'll make your skin shinier than a headlight. I definitely only use this before bed. I've made a switch to Lancome's foaming gel Clarte' during the mornings and day. I'll use this up, but won't repurchase.

on 8/18/2005 2:20:00 PM

I love this stuff! I have been using it for about three years and I have only switched products once. It has tiny exfoliating beads that really do exfoliate but the beads aren't harsh on your skin. It has a light, refreshing fragrence. After you wash your face, it feels ten times better. You skin just feels so much lighter and cleaner. I will always use Velocity.