October 31, 2014 | 1705 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Clean Sweep Cleansing and Makeup Remover Towelettes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

These work well for removing makeup in a hurry without drying out my skin or breaking me out. I can keep using them throughout the day, and it will still not dry my skin. But I don't need to use the whole sheet all the time, so they end up not being as economical for me, and they do leave my skin feeling sticky sometimes. But overall, a good product to keep on hand and perfect for travel or in a gym bag. edit 3/6/13 This is my HG makeup remover. For some reason I keep coming back to these as they effectively work on getting stubborn eyeliner off and I can use them on lazy days to wipe my face without fear of breakouts. I still don't like the tacky feeling it leaves on my skin but with the results I get I can live with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2009 6:26:00 AM More reviews by kristaax

I really like this! I bought this when I was on vaction last summer and it worked really well removing all my makeup and my waterproof mascara. It smells nice.
The only thing I don't like is that it is overly soaked, I mean I would only use a small section of the towel because I don't wear full face makeup, just eye makeup, and I would have a whole towel unused! But there's no problem, I just cut off the section I used and stick the unused back into the pouch, yes its not that sanitary, but its not like I'm using it on other people, just myself (:

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by xroars

These clean sweeps ones are okay, but left my skin weirdly tight afterwards. not too soaked as a towelette, but overall it removes makeup pretty well especially if you're lazy and just want to wipe it off. good for mascara as well. however, i like the dermabrasion green ones better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by cleanmyface

I like these a lot! I've used clean & clear makeup dissolving and almay wipes and these beat those out definitely! The cloths are pretty soft compared to others, i liked the textured feel, i can go over and under my eyes again and again and it doesnt irritate.
UPDATE: my original rating was 4 but these remove makeup and oil residue (i use olive oil to loosen and remove most of my makeup b4 these) really well, they're wet but they dont drip and they're soft, i really love these, these are the first wipes that i know i will rebuy, plus they were really cheap!
UPDATE: I had boughten these equate brand makeup removing wipes that are supposed to be dupes of the ponds, i'm still using my ponds and i still love them but once these are done i'll see how i like the super cheap ones in comparison.
UPDATE: So I went to my cottage and used the equate to refresh my face, I also used it to take off the concealer and light powder dusting I had put on, it worked just fine but it's nothing compared to ponds. The equate hardly had texture but somehow the cloth was a bit rougher and whatever soapy thing they put in it caused a slight stinging sensation. I'm still in love with these and I think no matter what wipes I try, I'll probably always come back to these. I saw them at Shoppers Drug Mart (like a Canadian CVS) and they were like $9.45 canadian, yet i got them at Wal-Mart for $5.00 Canadian, so get them at Wal-mart and try them, they're so cheap!
UPDATE: I ended up buying another package of these because they're amazing! All together I've tried almay, clean & clear, ponds(these), equate, biore and neutrogena and these are better than all of those by 100% I currently use a liquid makeup remover (micellar solution or maybe you could call it a cleansing water) with a cotton pad to take off my makeup but if I ever decided to use makeup wipes again I would buy these! I still like to experiment with makeup wipes just to be able to say I've tried, but these are so amazing!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by sboym2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NEVER WILL I PUT THIS STUFF NEAR MY FACE.
DISGUSTING AND BROKE ME OUT

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by jlai08

I used so many pieces of these Pond's towelettes. I tried other brands before but they were not as soft as Pond's so I always end up buying Pond's.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by lit75248

My new go-to product for cleaning my face at night. It removes oil and all of my foundation and eye makeup, and my skin has been 95% pimple free since I started using it (usually I'm not so lucky). This one might just become a HG for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by LoveBrit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought these because they were cheap. Which is what I used...cheap, thin, wipes. I prefer Olay make-up remover wipes, those are amazing. I guess the pond wipes are alright, just not good enough quality for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by KariRocksOut

I have been using these for years! I absolutely can't live without them! Everyone knows (or at least I hope they do) that you should never ever go to bed with your makeup on! Not only is it bad for your skin, it's bad for your pillowcase too (hello yesterdays eyeliner, blinking back at you...).

I use these a few times a week when I'm just too tired to really put my hair up and give my face a full wash. It gets like 95% of my makeup off, and I wear a lot of eyeshadow.

I've also got my BFF and my Mom using these almost every night since they're repeat offends of the "Must Wash Your Face Every Night" commandment!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 8:35:00 AM More reviews by bombasticclassic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

These towelettes are amazing!! I tried the toner test on it... usually after I clean my face with an ordinary face wash and then use a toner with a cotton round, a bunch of dirt comes off on the cotton round, obviously leaving me to suspect that my face washes were not washing my face totally clean!! Tried swiping a cotton round soaked with the most cleaning and astringent toner that I own all over my face after using one of these towelettes and... NOTHING!!! The cotton round was completely clean! Meaning this is a miracle product for me that cuts down on 3 different steps of your ordinary cleansing routine: makeup removal, cleansing, and toning. AND you can imagine how amazing for me it is to pack for overnighters somewhere now since I don't have to pack even a third of what I used to. Also awesome when you get back home late and really just don't want to take the time to go through all the steps to clean your face, but also don't want to go to sleep with makeup on. HG product for me... I buy mine when they go on sale, but I've seen (and tried) the drugstore knockoffs for cheaper, and they work just as well.