April 17, 2014 | 1936 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This would be a great powder, if it didnt turn your skin oompaloompa orange within 10 minutes of putting it on. It has a nice texture, and the compact is nice, but as with all Clinique foundation and powder, you get that orange mask like look on your face. They really need to make their products more "true to skin tones".

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by sillychicken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The sales people at the counter recommended this to me for oily skin and said it would look natural and smooth out my complexion so after they applied it on me I liked it and bought it. Big mistake. I wore it the next week and I kept getting comments from my friends about what was wrong with my skin. It would come off of random parts of my face and look dark orange and streakier on others.This has never happened with any other powder no matter how cheap it was. It was embarrassing and I will never repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by c2yoshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried three different shades, all which didn't work for my skin color (Asian w/yellow-peach undertones). On top of that, it didn't keep me matte at all. The color choices were the biggest problem for me though. But it's a good price for powder, so if it works for you, more power to you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by vlj1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my daily face powder. I have the shade in "stay cream" and it matches my skin perfectly. My skin is light/medium with yellow undertones. I have never had any break outs with this and it is a mattifying powder. It works great on my oily and sensitive skin and it goes on like silk. I also use it to touch up during the day. It is my favorite face powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by chezz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am using Stay Neutral and usually on my Tzones area. It does helps to control the oil for a while, but after few hours, I need to touch up again with it. I am also using Clinique superfit foundation, hence it goes very well with this compact powder. Overall, it doesn't give me any breakouts unlike some other brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by downtownbebebrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have Stay-Matte Sheer in color 01 - Stay Buff. I am NC25 in MAC. I use this as a touch up handy purse compact. I think its OK. Nothing amazing, but it does the trick. I got this b/c i needed it in a pinch. If i am sweaty or oily this gets rid of the shine... I however will try the Elf Comp. Perf. b/c its super cheap and i hear its great.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by sue188

Before I bought this I used perfectly real compact makeup, but then I decided to try stay matte to see if it helped me with my oily skin. I did not see any difference. After a few hours my skin would become oily. I also noticed that it did not offer the coverage I needed. Perfectly real is more durable and has good coverage. I would not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by selenalikeduhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice powder if you have non-problematic skin or in other words a decent complexion. I first tried it out a couple years ago when my face was full of acne so I didn't like it at all but I think that if i were to try it now I would like it much more since my face has cleared up a lot since then. I would only use it for days when I was wearing very light makeup because it doesn't offer a lot of coverage. Overall unfortunately I think that there are a lot better powders out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by sita25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i cannot say enough good about this powder. the consistency is great for my oily skin, and the formula is gentle and light enough that it doesn't stimulate breakouts. The color selection is otherworldy, i wear 04 stay honey, and its a seamless match. While my liquid foundation makes me look natural, this powder, when applied with the right sponge, makes me look polished (great with mascara and red lipstick!) the only downside is having to purchase a sponge every week.

i would recommend this product to all skin types except for very dry

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Janetdee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great powder especially for my sensitive skin. I bought it 6 yrs ago for first time and continue buying it. My shade was stay honey. But the last one I bought was way too dark so I guess I have to switch to a lighter shade.
Still I have to say, that I have to apply it several times a day to get rid of sheen.