November 27, 2014 | 1265 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by maggiec

Here is my first review here - Shame on you, LVMH!
Yikes! What an overrated product! Totally a waste of money and doesn't do anything. You'll have to really "imagine" its highlighting effect because it's simply close to useless. And it has a very CHEAP looking package too!
Will never buy anything from Guerlain. So very disappointed in their products. Just like other French luxury things, totally overrated and arrogant!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by ilgs

I totally love it. A natural glow in 30 seconds or less! The art deco box is adorable, and it smells like roses. It also looks like it will last forever, and I'm heading for a new one the minute I run out of it. Actually, I'm thinking of getting the beige edition (I have the classic one).
But it has to be applied with a dense powder brush - like kabuki. Or a big, firm blush brush. The puff from the original package is a pretty pointless thing. (Actually, this is true for most powders. A good brush is your best friend.)
It also goes better with a thin layer of neutral base - I use just a tiny bit of Chanel universal compact powder on moisturized face, some concealer, no foundation.
Finally, be careful with the rosy edition - it can make your skin way too pink if you have some natural redness on your face.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2008 8:53:00 AM More reviews by imaginative02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i don't see any different after putting it on with a brush, but if i were to use a puff instead, i do see my skin more glowy.. smell pleasant.. but i would say the result does not justify the price of it.. i can get better result with paul and joe pressed powder or even anna sui pressed powder.. guess i will not repurchase next time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

If you're thinking of buying this, go try it out somewhere before you do. This isn't a miracle product; it's not going to give you the perfect complexion or the youthful glow you've always wanted for your $50+.
Properly speaking, this is not a highlighter at all, it is a light, luxurious finishing powder. Applied lightly, you won't notice it on your skin at all, applied more heavily, it gives a pleasant, gentle, all-over glow. Not instant-youth, glowing-from-within, dewy-faced perfection, just a nice light-reflective, soft-focus effect.

If, on the other hand, you're looking for a bit of self-indulgence, and a product that's just a joy to use, this might be just what you're looking for. I bought this on that premise years ago .. (before they started offering them in different colors!) and I'm still in love with mine. It's not as practical as my Laura Mercier translucent finishing powder, and I don't reach for it every day. But when I do use it, I enjoy its effects, its soft, powdery smell, and I just take pleasure in how pretty it is.
If you like products that have more *feel good* than *look good* properties, this is a great purchase to enjoy! I love mine, and if I ever run out, I'll be buying another.

I'd love to see a super-special edition of this that comes in a "real" container, instead of cardboard - one of those things that's just a centerpiece for your makeup collection.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just realized I have not reviewed this little gem of a product in its lovely little box. I have been using it daily for maybe 6-8 months. Just this over my sunscreen, with Nars Orgasm blush over top and a nice lipstick or gloss is all I need. (Well, there is that nice Clarins Liquid Bronze self-tanner once or twice a week too for a bit of color.) Les Meteorites gives me a certain glow. I look healthier, in a very subtle, natural, non-glittery way. I do use the special brush and have not had any problems with it. Yes, this product is ridiculously expensive but it should last for years with no problem, so if it works for you it's a good deal. And it does look beautiful on one's dresser:-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 8:25:00 AM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love it!!! I have the powder in Mythic. It makes skin glow, skin look so healthy and radiant! And it has so beautiful scent! Just wow!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by I_Luv_Cosmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've heard about this for years so finally decided to try it. Definitely sofens all the imperfections (redness, age spots, etc) and gives your face a soft focus. It's nice because the finish is natural instead of overly made up. I have the compact as opposed to the balls as it was easier to transport.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 5:25:00 AM More reviews by lingjie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am not in my second box of this powder. This has been a great product and I recommended it to all my friends and family. It works really well and subtly improves your complexion with a sophisticated dewy glow. The only thing is that it is a bit difficult to carry around in its original box, and the compact version is too expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by dorisdx

Like most reviewers here, I just couldn't resist the urge of buying it the moment I saw it. It's so pretty and has this cute, lovely smell. When I first applied it at home, to be honest I was a little bit disappointed - it simply didn't make a difference. I decided to give it another try today. I applied it to my left hand and wanted to see if it'd make a difference (as I have my right hand to compare). It didn't make much of a difference..at first! And then I dipped my brush down to the powder lying in the bottom of the case...the magic happened. It gave my left hand a nice beautiful yet subtle glowing look while my right hand simply looked pale & dull.
I guess the powder off the little balls is not just enough to be noticed :-)
I have beige chick. I recommend this to people with fair/fair-medium skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm all for sparkles! Hate shimmer, but love glimmer, i.e. sparkles or even subtle glitter. So, when I read the reviews of this product, I knew I had to have it. I got it in Mythic at Sephora. The first disappointing aspect of this product was the cheap cardboard container. Really, for the money spent, they could make a nicer package. (For comparison, I recently bought a limited edition Sheerspark highlighter powder from MAC that came in the most lovely, campy, heavyweight black compact with rhinestones... really nice, but I digress.) Next, the scent. I knew from the reviews to expect a heavily fragranced product. The scent itself was pleasant. It reminded me of those violet candies that look like Pez, only bigger. Still, the scent struck me as completely unnecessary and random. Really, why should face powder smell like candy...or flowers...or anything, for that matter? Then I applied it. The puff enclosed was nearly hard, certainly not fluffy as suited to this luxury product. So, I tossed that and used a soft foundation brush. Then came the dust effect. This powder went all over the place in a big "poofy" cloud around the sink. Gag. I guess the name Meteorites is a fairly apt title for this little explosion of powder. Getting past all these downer aspects of the product, I was still excited to see its effects. I have to say that the powder itself looked great!! It had the precise amount of soft sparkly bits to satisfy a conservative glitter girl. In fact, nobody would notice the sparkles, only their soft, light-difflecting effect. So, I had to think about whether the nice result of Les Meteorites justify the high price and all the bothersome obstacles on the trip to attaining such pretty tiny sparkles. Not in my estimation. I returned it. Every time I pass the display, I do go back and look at the sample boxes and apply a bit on my hand. I will probably always think fondly of this little luxury item, but it's not for me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No