April 18, 2014 | 1928 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2007 12:39:00 AM More reviews by princess_xueqi

I am a NC25, love the glowy look Meteorites(Mythic) give me but sadly it gave me serious breakouts.. So i can't use it anymore.. Wasted my $84 just like that :(

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2007 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Bito

after reading all these wonderful reviews about Les meteorites ball powder i wanted to buy it really badly,and although it was very very expensive (43$ i think) i bought it,the reviews posted here are really exaggerating the effect of this powder,you will think it is a magical powder or something that will wipe all your skin problems,and i had such high expectation,so when i tried it i was really disappointed,i didn't notice any difference AT ALL!!,and i lied to myself and thought there must be a difference but i didn't notice,i even asked my sisters and friends if they can see any difference at all,and no body did!!i tried two colors Mythic and Beige Chic,and the two have no effect at all,and now i still have them and i use them every now and then only to finish it.i know this is a long review,but i am really angry that i wasted my money on this and the only reason is these ridiculous rave reviews.Revlon skin light lotion is much much better than this.SO PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND BUY THIS ,and don't listen to these reviews..(To my friends at Makeup Alley please don't exaggerate,PLEASE!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2007 5:05:00 PM More reviews by jessamine20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the beige chic, colour, as I have medium skin... yes it is pure frivolity! I had a gift card given to me and what I really liked was the packaging, it really goes with my dresser, and so.... It really is a lovely finishing powder, but with my breakout prone, sensitive skin, it just ended up being a no-no for my face; It's full of talc, amongst other things. Talc is a big no-no for acne prone skin.
So I now use it on my arms and legs, when I want a very light shimmer... I use it a lot, and have now had it for two years and only used two thirds, so it's pretty good value if you can afford the initial cost.
If you have that completely insensitive skin that never reacts to anything... go for it!
It IS good for arms and legs, (even your feet when wearing sandals),if your face doesn't like it, so it's not a complete waste of money. I'm sure that if you are younger and showing your midriff, you could even use it there.
It's fairly subtle as long as you don't trowel it on - You really need to buy a Kabuki brush, other brushes can result in uneven application. JR minerals have kabuki for about 20 dollars, they're on the web.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Ammit

I bought the compact version of this but it was the little spheres that I really wanted and I finally got around to buying them!

So....this product:

Pricewise, it's a total rip off, but I knew that when I went to buy it. I mean, you are just paying for some coloured powder balls with a nice smell in a cute little box.

In any case, there is a lot of charm about this product and I bought it becuase it's basically stupidly indulgent!! The smell is like Parma Violets, the sweets I loved as a child.
The spheres come in gold, white, green, purple and pink and they come in a round cardboard box with a multicolour and gold design on it.

These are NOT a highlighter, they are a finishing powder (a glorified one), so to the reviewer below, they woudln't have worked as a highlighter for you, because that's not what they are!
This product is meant to leave a flawless veil over your skin and each colour has a different property to it.......i won't reel through them but everyone knows that green counteracts red and pink adds a glow etc etc.

For the people that are losing the things all over the place, you just need to be gentle when swirling the brush around, I can imagine people thinking that they are whisking an egg when using this and that would be why they go everywhere! I've never had this problem though.

As far as does this actually work is concerned well......it depends what you expect from it. The price for me was 29. That is expensive for something like this, but the packaging has to be manufactured, the sphere's manufactured and the packaging isnt crappy either.............then there's the advertising.........if you are buying or even looking at guerlain you can't really complain about the price, it's frivolous make up really, and practical is not something on guerlains priority list!!

This powder does give a nice glow, it is much nicer for me than a flesh coloured powder or just a bog standard translucent powder, I can't imagine ever running out of this because i use so little on my brush, it will last me a long time so the price isn't that bad. If you are looking for something oil controlling or homely like bobbi brown then look elsewhere, this as i say is not practical, it's just plain frivolous, and if you are like me and have relatively no need for oil control and every need for a pretty box on your dresser then buy it and love applying it every day. I prefer this over normal powder, it blends in harsh lines and tones down over applied blush.

It is not a miracle worker, the price is all the packaging and marketing not a reflection of the products abilities.......so if you still want to buy it after reading this then I think it's definitely for you!

33 out of 35 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought Mythic while on my Great Highlighter Quest and for some time I thought it was fantastic. I loved the scent, what I thought was the pearlescent effect on my skin, the gorgeous if somewhat impractical packaging. I didn't like how if I dropped it the little balls would go everywhere and I lost quite a few under the wardrobe. Then one day I applied it and really looked at my skin. I was so disappointed because all could see were little sparkles and no radiant glow as you may expect from a product that has been marketed by Guerlain as a radiance powder and is clearly in the "highlighter" section of MUA. I changed brushes, I changed the amount I put on, I changed where I put it on - no luck. It still looked like a pre-pubescent's sparkly glitter makeup you get from the $2 shop. I ended up giving this to my sister. My Great Highlighter Quest had a happy ending with my Meow highlighter, but that's another story.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 4:55:00 AM More reviews by syeang

i have fair skin, dull occasionally due to late nights and all. i've heard about this from magazines. i have tons of compact powders and foundations stash all over my table. but sometimes i just get really lazy to dab them on...so i tried guerlain. this product amazed me sooo much. i just brush this all over my face after moisturiser. wait for a few minutes to set in with the natural oils from our face-the results are really great! its great as a cover up for blusher gone wrong. a sweep on the cheeks and everything is perfect. great smell....
set backs are the price (but the SA told me it will last for 2 yrs) and the cardboard box packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 1:32:00 PM More reviews by luisatolentino

I don't think my makeup is done until I apply my Guerlain meteorites (Mythic-01); it really does everything promised, it makes you glow, its perfect for when taking pictures too. smells great when applying, I love the packaging I think is better for the enviroment and if you are not in a rush when using all pearls should remain in the container. I use it with my TooFaced teddy bear retractable Kabuki brush and It just feels great!! I feel like a million bucks when I use this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2007 5:22:00 PM More reviews by UndressYourHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good finishing powder, but nothing that another finishing powder can't do. I have a l'oreal mineral veil and it gives me the same exact glow, so I can't really justify buying this again when I can get something better for $12....Just saying, don't pay retail but if you can get them cheaper they are nice!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 10:13:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I LOVE Meteorites. I'm on my third container of Meteorites in Mythic, and they are my all-time favorite finishing powder. I agree with all the reviewers before me who say these give you a lovely glow. They make my skin more luminous. I am a cool-toned PPP with pink undertones, and Mythic works beautifully for me. I usually apply them with the big Smashbox Face and Body brush, but I've also used a powder buff or other brush and all work well (although I prefer the Smashbox brush). Save your money on the Meteorites brush. I bought it when I first bought Meteorites years ago, and it is not a good brush. I also have the LE Pucci Meteorites, and I like them as well but because of their shimmer, they are not good for everyday use like Mythic. I also have the voyager pressed powder (although I didn't order the expensive compact; Instead, I get the refill and put it in my Stila powder foundation compact), which I carry in my purse and use as my touch up powder. I will not be without my Meteorites. As I said, I'm on my third container of Mythic, and will buy it again and again. I'm on my second voyager compact (considering how small it is, it's amazing how long it lasts) and will buy it again and again. As for the LE Pucci Meteorites, because I only use them when I want a little shimmer, I don't see my needing to rebuy them because they will last forever.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by tracy76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Being using the powder for a few months and it certainly brightens my face.Overall i like this product but if they pack the meteorites balls into a better casing would be nice.Will certainly buy this product again.