September 23, 2014 | 1847 users online

Bronzers - The Body Shop - Shimmer Waves in Bronze

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2005 11:17:00 PM More reviews by princessami

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful, subtle bronze glow on my N3/NC15 skin. Pretty shimmer, not too much for daytime. Great value at $16.50, compared to the BB Shimmerbrick, which I almost bought until I heard about this on the board. If I could improve upon it, I would make it a bit more pigmented and soften the texture a bit so that it's easier to build up the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2005 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Brianne1114

FANTASTIC product. Bought this over the weekend in the airport and am wearing it today on eyes and cheeks. This is fabulous to do a monochromatic look - I used a medium shade on my lids, a slightly darker one in the crease, the pale gold to highlight, the pale peach in inner corners, and the dark brown to line. Then I swirled a brush over all shades to use as a blush/bronzer. This would be great for travel as you can get many different looks out of this compact. The best part is that on cheeks you don't get a frosty shimmer, it blends really nicely to give a glow. Cheaper (and better IMO) than the BB Shimmerbricks. If you can find these, definitely buy them! I'm NW20/LLL/brown hair/brown eyes for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2005 9:16:00 AM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

NC20, LLL, Mild Rosacea-Combo Skin---> I bought the pink & bronze Shimmerwaves from The Body Shop last summer and totally forgot to review them. So here it goes..TBS's Shimmerwaves are definitely a knock-off of Bobbi Brown's Shimmerbricks..However, this is a case where the knock-off is actually better than the original; in my opinion. The differences are instead of stripes with the BB, you have waves of color in a clear/lucite compact. In addition, the texture/softness of the Shimmerwaves beats the somewhat gritty/glittery texture of Bobbi Brown's Shimmerbrick. The Bronze Shimmerwaves consist of shades of gold, copper, bronze-brown, and a rose-gold. Very soft to the touch and leaves a glowy-sheen as oppossed to obvious shimmer. Not to mention, it's almost half the price of Bobbi Brown's Shimmerbrick. Fun to use the individual waves for eyeshadow individual which I do the most with this. The Shimmerwaves are the best makeup product I have purchased from The Body Shop's makeup line. Definite must-try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2005 7:47:00 PM More reviews by AngelZoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree. A shimmerbrick knockoff. But much, much cheaper. Why pay more? Who will know once it is on your face?

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2005 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Darksister

I am a PPP and proud of it! I may be content with my pale skin, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the beauty of skintones that are darker than mine. So while this product is not for me (I will purchase the pink one soon), I felt like I had to review it because the tanned SA at The Body Shop was wearing it on an otherwise bare face, and she looked gorgeous - she had JLo/Beyonce/Mandy Moore skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2005 11:27:00 PM More reviews by zubaresque

One of my favorite blushes (though I use the pinker version)....beautiful shimmer, and gentle bronze-kissness. The waves are fabulously cute too, and can be used as individual colors with a smaller brush. Nothing bad to say, really.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 6:05:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I took a flier on the TBS bronze shimmer waves palette. It's a knockoff of BB shimmerbrick, and it really works. It's actually better than BB, in my opinion, at half the price. I'm surprised at how much I like it, and how very versatile it is. Took me about 4 tries to get the hang of using it as a bronzer. I tap the end of my blush brush lightly over all the different colors, then apply. I can build more color if I feel I need it, but this way I don't get too much on for starters, which I did when I had any drag on my brush across the colors. In addition to using this as a bronzer, it can also be used for eyeshadow, and for highlighting. The peach shimmer shade is much like Stila Kitten e/s and can be used as a highlighter or e/s base. The light gold shimmer shade can be used likewise, it's kinda like Stila Oasis. The brown and rust could be used as e/s crease colors. Overall, a rockin' product! I had a demo of the pink/blush in the store but, it didn't do a thing for me. Hope TBS keeps the Bronze ShimmerWaves as a regular product in their makeup line. Later 7/27/04: I would give this product a "10" if I could. It rivals any other bronzer on the market at any price point.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2004 9:00:00 AM More reviews by angelstyle

versatile with buildable colour. Not as shimmery as bobbi browns shimmerbrick, but nice as a much cheaper alternative. Love the eyeshadow colours!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2004 5:35:00 AM More reviews by LynG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this product -- have both bronze and pink one. For this review of the bronze shimmerwaves: Love that it gives me a warm and subtle glow, stays on the whole day, and its versatility -- can use the shades individually for e/s. What i don't like about this is that you have to scrape it with the brush to get quite a bit of product. But for the price, it's worth it. Btw, I'm Asian FFF.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2004 7:40:00 PM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am fair skinned w/ blonde hair and this looks excellent on me! I was told by the saleperson that this works on every skin tone and their pink toned one works on none. Sounds the same as Bobbi Brown's shimmer brick to me. Thsi gives me a very healthy glow w/ out lookign overdone. I swip my large powder brush lightly over all colors and then a bit more firmly over the top 3 colors and apply startign from the apples of my cheeks all the up my cheekbone to aroudn my temple. Enhances my cheekbones dramatically and looks so pretty! I didn't expect anythign more then this w/ Bobbi's shimmer brick and for half the $$ I will look no further. I can now stop buying a separate bronzing powder, blush, and cheeck shimmer cause this is all in one! I'm basically saving around $75 by using this. Score for me!!!!