The Body Shop Shimmer Waves in Bronze

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Nylon-12, Water, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Methylparaben, Polyacrylamide, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Xanthan Gum, Butylparaben, Laureth-7. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 9/3/2005 8:48:00 PM

I have both the BB shimmerbrick and TBS shimmer waves in Bronze and I prefer TBS product. It is more subtle. I gave my BB shimmmerbrick to my teenage niece. It is too sparkly for me. TBS shimmer waves is more of a glow and I like it better. The only thing I would change is the packaging.

on 8/15/2005 11:17:00 PM

Beautiful, subtle bronze glow on my N3/NC15 skin. Pretty shimmer, not too much for daytime. Great value at $16.50, compared to the BB Shimmerbrick, which I almost bought until I heard about this on the board. If I could improve upon it, I would make it a bit more pigmented and soften the texture a bit so that it's easier to build up the color.

on 7/26/2005 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

FANTASTIC product. Bought this over the weekend in the airport and am wearing it today on eyes and cheeks. This is fabulous to do a monochromatic look - I used a medium shade on my lids, a slightly darker one in the crease, the pale gold to highlight, the pale peach in inner corners, and the dark brown to line. Then I swirled a brush over all shades to use as a blush/bronzer. This would be great for travel as you can get many different looks out of this compact. The best part is that on cheeks you don't get a frosty shimmer, it blends really nicely to give a glow. Cheaper (and better IMO) than the BB Shimmerbricks. If you can find these, definitely buy them! I'm NW20/LLL/brown hair/brown eyes for reference.

on 6/19/2005 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

NC20, LLL, Mild Rosacea-Combo Skin---> I bought the pink & bronze Shimmerwaves from The Body Shop last summer and totally forgot to review them. So here it goes..TBS's Shimmerwaves are definitely a knock-off of Bobbi Brown's Shimmerbricks..However, this is a case where the knock-off is actually better than the original; in my opinion. The differences are instead of stripes with the BB, you have waves of color in a clear/lucite compact. In addition, the texture/softness of the Shimmerwaves beats the somewhat gritty/glittery texture of Bobbi Brown's Shimmerbrick. The Bronze Shimmerwaves consist of shades of gold, copper, bronze-brown, and a rose-gold. Very soft to the touch and leaves a glowy-sheen as oppossed to obvious shimmer. Not to mention, it's almost half the price of Bobbi Brown's Shimmerbrick. Fun to use the individual waves for eyeshadow individual which I do the most with this. The Shimmerwaves are the best makeup product I have purchased from The Body Shop's makeup line. Definite must-try!

on 5/24/2005 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I agree. A shimmerbrick knockoff. But much, much cheaper. Why pay more? Who will know once it is on your face?

on 5/17/2005 12:13:00 PM

I am a PPP and proud of it! I may be content with my pale skin, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the beauty of skintones that are darker than mine. So while this product is not for me (I will purchase the pink one soon), I felt like I had to review it because the tanned SA at The Body Shop was wearing it on an otherwise bare face, and she looked gorgeous - she had JLo/Beyonce/Mandy Moore skin.

on 3/16/2005 11:27:00 PM

One of my favorite blushes (though I use the pinker version)....beautiful shimmer, and gentle bronze-kissness. The waves are fabulously cute too, and can be used as individual colors with a smaller brush. Nothing bad to say, really.

on 1/28/2005 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I took a flier on the TBS bronze shimmer waves palette. It's a knockoff of BB shimmerbrick, and it really works. It's actually better than BB, in my opinion, at half the price. I'm surprised at how much I like it, and how very versatile it is. Took me about 4 tries to get the hang of using it as a bronzer. I tap the end of my blush brush lightly over all the different colors, then apply. I can build more color if I feel I need it, but this way I don't get too much on for starters, which I did when I had any drag on my brush across the colors. In addition to using this as a bronzer, it can also be used for eyeshadow, and for highlighting. The peach shimmer shade is much like Stila Kitten e/s and can be used as a highlighter or e/s base. The light gold shimmer shade can be used likewise, it's kinda like Stila Oasis. The brown and rust could be used as e/s crease colors. Overall, a rockin' product! I had a demo of the pink/blush in the store but, it didn't do a thing for me. Hope TBS keeps the Bronze ShimmerWaves as a regular product in their makeup line. Later 7/27/04: I would give this product a "10" if I could. It rivals any other bronzer on the market at any price point.

on 11/23/2004 9:00:00 AM

versatile with buildable colour. Not as shimmery as bobbi browns shimmerbrick, but nice as a much cheaper alternative. Love the eyeshadow colours!

on 11/3/2004 5:35:00 AM

I love this product -- have both bronze and pink one. For this review of the bronze shimmerwaves: Love that it gives me a warm and subtle glow, stays on the whole day, and its versatility -- can use the shades individually for e/s. What i don't like about this is that you have to scrape it with the brush to get quite a bit of product. But for the price, it's worth it. Btw, I'm Asian FFF.

Popular Bronzers