Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 55 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate 7.4%, Zinc Oxide 13.9% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, polybutene Glycol/PPG-9/1 Copolymer, Dimethicone Copolyol, Dextrin Palmitate, Xylitol, Methyl Glutathione, Zinc Myristate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Thiotaurine, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Ectoin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Isosteari Acid, Stearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Alcohol, Trisodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide

on 12/14/2008 9:24:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I used this sunscreen for a couple of weeks almost every day and decided that it just wasn't for me. I felt it accentuated any flakiness I had on my face, in fact, I think it made my skin even more dry, so I needed moisturizer under it. It also horribly clogged my pores. Also, while some reviewers find that it works well as a primer, I found that it didn't do a good job at that and I still needed a primer over it. And and the end of the day that just became so much stuff to put on my face even before make up! Great protection, but just too high maintenance for me, I use it on some days when I know I will be in the sun for a while, but basically just waiting for it to run out... It's quite pricey, so I don't want to just throw it away either!

on 12/11/2008 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love Shiseido - unfortunately I don't love this. I have pretty normal skin, this doesn't overly moisturize but after a few days of consecutive use it did make my skin dry and flaky. I also noticed that my pores were more easily clogged while I used it.

I still use this product but only once in a while when I know I will be getting a lot of sun exposure, and then (and only then) it works perfect.

It migrated over to my eyes and really bothered me! FYI - if you are sensitive around this area then be very careful not to get too close cause when it migrates you will want to scratch your eyes out!

I wouldn't buy again - this was not gentle enough for my skin.

on 11/26/2008 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my *FAVORITE* item, I have yet to find a better sunscreen to use on my face, probably never will..... This lotion is so thin and milky, it disappears into my skin upon contact and leaves a beautiful, matte yet luminous finish... It does lighten my foundation a bit but I usually get a foundation shade slightly warmer than my skin tone anyway so its not noticeable at all... I'm psyched with this sunscreen and can't recommend it enough... I'll be 28 soon and have NO lines whatsoever!! I've worn this for years now and swear by it... The price is not really that outrageous in my opinion, I'm willing to sacrifice a week's worth of lattes!! hee hee j/k :) A+++

on 11/16/2008 11:00:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really want to love the Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF55, but sadly it my face doesnít like it.
Iíve used this in the summer months when my face was more oily than normal. And I loved the fact that it made my face less oily trough the day. Used under or mix with my foundation, the result were fabulous matte and long lasting. It doesnít make my face look greasy like sum of the other sunscreen stuff out there,
However after several days of used I noticed that it really dried out my face. My face feel tighter than normal and I got really serious flaking issues. Even worst it clogged my pores, I got those tinny lillí bumps on my face.
I must admit thoí that the blame is not entirely on this sunscreen. I have a highly sensitive face and perhaps my cleaning routine wasnít sufficient enough. An oil-based cleanser is necessarily if you using this sunscreen, otherwise it wonít come off. But honestly Iím far to lazy to double clean everyday..hehehe. And beside its too drying for my face to use on a daily base.
I still think itís a good product, but just not for me.

on 11/16/2008 9:06:00 AM

This is an old stand by that i will never be without. I have very sensitive skin and the only chemical ss that i can tolerate is Lancome's UV expert spf 20. I do love the light texture and my only issue is the fragrance. Having oily skin & living in FL provides quite the challenge to finding good sunscreens. I must admit the PPD is low, but as long as the FDA has a bunch of crazies working for them, i will just have to settle for this as it's easy to find and quite cost effective.
Lately, i have been using the creme version of this and must say it makes me feel more protected- but that just might be me...;)

on 11/15/2008 9:50:00 PM

I'm on my second bottle of this and so far so good. I don't breakout from it and it doesn't leave a white cast. It feels light and absorbs instantly and leaves my face really matte so it's great under makeup. It does feel a little drying, even on my combination skin, but I would much rather this than feeling greasy and looking like an oil slick. I just wish they offered a fragrance free version cos the smell is sometimes overwhelming. Also, I use this as an everyday sunscreen so I don't really need it to be water resistant because it just makes it so difficult to remove. Overall though I'm happy with this sunscreen and will continue to purchase unless I find something better.

on 11/4/2008 8:22:00 AM

This product is actually pretty good for minimal to not so intense sun exposure. Unfortunately I gave it three lippies because the ppd rating doesn't work well for me since I live in Hawaii. However it is a great sunscreen for some one who is looking for a cosmetically elegant sunscreen (very matte). It is drying so if you're going to use it on your face I suggest buying the Ultimate Sun Protection Cream version instead.

on 11/4/2008 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this sunblock! I switch between this one and the SPF 55 for face (a creamier version). Neither formula is greasy so it doesn't change the consistency of my makeup. I don't find it to be drying like some other users, but it does leave a more matte appearance. Stilll.. LOVE it.

on 10/29/2008 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am in love with this product! I am a pale, pale redhead that burns in the sun within 10 minutes. I apply sunscreen religiously. After hearing raves about this product, I had to try it. I'm so thankful I did because this is my HG sunscreen! This lotion goes on sheer, does not leave a white cast or break me out, has a pleasant fragrance, and it a wonderful primer. I have a bottle of MAC Prep and Prime SPF 50, but after I finish that bottle, I'll never buy it again. Shiseido SPF 55 lotion is so much better.

on 10/28/2008 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This sunscreen is so drying, it sucked all of the moisture out of my skin. i stopped using it three days ago and my face is still desert dry. its horrible

Top Rated Shiseido Products