November 21, 2014 | 1788 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Clinique - Repairwear- Intensive Eye Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My eyes have dark circles and heavy baggage and too many smile wrinkles... and this product did nothing for them. I used it daily for a month and saw no difference, it worked like any other regular moisturizer *shrug*

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My eyes react to eye creams pretty strongly. Essential oils, fragrances, etc. make them sting, and I'm allergic to shea butter (which is in most of the other Clinique eye cream's), plus I've yet to find an eye cream that didn't make my eyes really puffy the in the am. So for the six months or so, I've just being using a drop of avocado oil under my eyes which is working fairly well, but I keep looking for an eye cream, just in case there's something out there that works better. The thing I like about this eye cream compared to the other Clinique eye creams - is that is has the least amount of liquid plastic (silicones) in it. It does have a lot of ingredients, but 95% of them are antioxidants and amino acids. The sample I tried seemed very thick and difficult to spread -- I needed it to sit on my eyes for a few seconds to warm up before I could blend it in. Ultimately, I added some avocado oil to it, to help it be a little creamier, as well as help it be a little more emollient - because this is not emollient enough for me. Unfortunately, it did make my eyes pretty puffy the next day, so I'll be sticking with my avocado oil (health food store, food section).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 4:34:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

INGREDIENTS: water\aqua\eau [] squalane [] peg-8 [] ethylhexyl palmitate []
caprylic/capric/myristic/stearic triglyceride [] butylene glycol []
dimethicone [] glycerin [] methyl gluceth-20 [] peg-100 stearate [] cetyl
alcohol [] pentylene glycol [] glyceryl stearate [] jojoba esters []
camellia sinensis (white tea) leaf water [] aspalathus linearis (red tea)
leaf extract [] camellia sinensis (yellow tea) leaf water [] polygonum
cuspidatum root extract [] sea whip extract [] triticum vulgare (wheat)
germ extract [] hordeum vulgare (barley) extract\extrait d'orge [] artemia
extract [] coffea robusta seed extract [] rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary)
extract [] saccharomyces lysate extract [] betula alba (birch) bark extract
glyceryl polymethacrylate [] hydrogenated polyisobutene [] polyethylene []
hydrogenated vegetable oil [] polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer [] potassium
sulfate [] steareth-20 [] lecithin [] carbomer [] tromethamine [] disodium
edta [] sodium dehydroacetate [] phenoxyethanol [] methylparaben []
propylparaben [] titanium dioxide (ci 77891)

continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 9:55:00 AM More reviews by rainbodragon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this free from Allure magazine and I love it. After using 2x day for a couple of weeks my awful undereye circle have faded dramatically. This stuff is pretty expensive, but you use so little at a time a jar will last a long time. Worth it to brighten eye area. EDIT: it gave me millia i cant get rid of. threw it away.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2007 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Kiliki30

Got this as a sample. I apply it in the evenings after my shower. It has a nice creamy texture to it. However, by bedtime my eye area is dry again and doesn't even feel like it was moisturized.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 2:32:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eye cream! I have very sensitive eyes and can only use Clinique eye creams without having a reaction. I started using All About Eyes years ago, and bumped up to the rich formula when it came out. I needed more moisture and the salesperson suggested this. I am very impressed! It really moisturizes and plumps up my little crinkly lines. No reaction and my skin has not been irritated. The only thing I would change is that it came in a tube. It's great under my concealer in the morning and I apply it extra thick at night. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 3:49:00 AM More reviews by bobsy

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros: Fragrance free, non-irritating. It may be suitable for skin-types that aren't prone to dryness.
Cons: It pills terribly and leaves white flakey bits of product under my eyes. It did not visibly benefit my skin in any way. It's not that hydrating or rich for a product that has the word 'intensive' in the title. I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2007 2:11:00 PM More reviews by nellamc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pretty good eye cream. Doesn't seem to repair, but it provides a good amount of moisture and did not irritate my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2007 4:32:00 AM More reviews by HanLuna

I got a sample of this eye cream along with Repairwear day and a Clinique toiletries bag with my purchase.I haven't tried anything from the Repairwear line so i was keen to try it.This really moisturises my under eye area and seems to lighten my dark circles.(My dark circles are hereditary!Curses!!!)]
Overall,i love this one and i m probably going to get a jar.Im just curious of the ingredient ''Muru Muru Butter'' in this cream.Haha.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i bought this last christmas time as more of a preventitive than a treatment (i do have the beginnings of a few very fine lines right under my lower lashline) but only started using it regularly a few months ago. well, i've given it atleast 3 months, and although it's a terrific moisturizer and works well under makeup, i haven't seen any reduction in lines or ANY fading of dark circles, and i have very dark hereditary circles. it makes me feel so left out to read it's helped others with this, my biggest beauty problem! definitely not me. not a bad product, but nothing more than a glorified moisturizer imo.