April 20, 2014 | 1705 users online

Treatments - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by amor19

I must say, this is a big disappointment for me. After reading all the reviews about Avene's acne treatment, I thought this was the right product. I bought the Cleanance Pack (inc. Avene Cleanance Gel Cleanser, Thermal Spray and Cleanance K). I stopped using Cleanance K after 3-4 weeks of using it because it just worsened my acne. My mom and my siblings all asked me what happened to my face because I didn't have a lot of pimples/cysts before using this product. So right now, I'm SO frustrated because I shouldn't have used this product!!!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2010 3:12:00 AM More reviews by voicelessadrasteia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I honestly wouldn't consider this as an acne solution/treatment. It says it is for blackheads, and it seems to work wonders for them - but that's just me. For anything else to do with the skin.. it does nothing. I don't see how it could possibly be a moisturizer or an exfoiliator or something. It is slightly watery, and has kind of a smell that you wouldn't want on your face all day, even though it disappears after about five minutes. It doesn't sting my face at all - I honestly don't understand how it could. Overall, it does not do anything for me except help with a slight blackhead problem. Decent product from Avene, but definitely not their best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by cemjay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on my 5th week of using this daily (for the first week I used it once a day, at night but for the last 4 weeks it has been morning and night). I do not experience any irritation nor redness, nor does it tingle (unless on a open spot/extracted pore - I can be heavy handed). It has taken this long for me to see any benefits and I know that experts recommend giving skincare at least a month to see a change or difference and this had a lot to contend with I am just impatient really. I was getting a lot of clogged pores (sebum plugs) on my cheekbones, in the hollows of my cheeks and all over my forehead, pus filled spots, red lumpy spots and nothing was working. I had lumps that I couldn't conceal and I was so self conscious I just wanted to wear a bag on my head. TTOTM made things worse and I didn't know where to turn. I came across this after considering a AHA/BHA approach (rather than switch cleanser again).

So far I have fewer new clogs and overall congestion is significantly reduced. Any clogs I have now are easier to extract and fewer new ones are appearing so far. My red lumpy headless spots are gone, they have been reduced and removed and no new ones are appearing at all. My overall skin tone is clearer and smoother and looks so much fresher. The worst congested area under my cheekbone looks so much better I hardly need any concealer (just for some scars). I cleanse with Liz Earle, tone with Lush and apply this on dry skin morning and night. In the morning I follow with Dr haushcka Moisturising Day Cream morRose Day Cream Light or Liz Earle Superskin Moisturiser and if I am going out then I use Spf 30 instead. I hope I continue to experience improvements and I look forward to the day when I can put aside my extractor tool and using a pore mask is a novelty not a daily occurance.

I would say this is preventative not curative, give it time, be patient and do not expect it to heal existing spots. You may experience some purging at first and my skin did get worse within the 1st week as the layers were being exfoliated by the AHA/BHA and the gunk was coming out. If you can stick with it, I hope you get the same levels of improvements I am experiencing.

If you fill in Avene's customer questionnaire to find your products for you skin type they will send out a couple of complimentary 5ml samples - I got the Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser and Cleanance K so I recommend this if you don't wish to buy the full size straight off.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself here. I bought this a month ago when looking for anything that would help with a persistent breakout that Differin and then my all-time favorite acne treatment MUAC's BHA serum couldn't entirely clear up. It's one of the worst breakouts I've ever had. I faintly remembered that this had both salicylic acid and glycolic acid in it -- when I actually went to buy this I saw that it also has lactic acid. Anyway, this stuff is AWESOME. Seriously. There isn't a day that I wake up after putting this on and don't see my blemishes visibly flattened. It's a very unique texture, not liquidy, not gelly, not creamy, and yes it does have a strong fragrance which I don't love but wouldn't throw this product away over. It can sting when you put it on, but it subsides after a little while. I thought with all the Avene thermal spring water in it it would be more moisutirizing, but it's not moisutirizing in the least. You need to use some sort of lotion over this if you have dry skin. But as an acne treatment I seriously cannot praise this stuff enough -- I'm finally back on the road to having a normal-looking face. I had a boss come from overseas and see me and he said I looked really good and happy and touched his face when he said it (yes, I know I usually look like a pizza, thanks D:), and someone else actually commented on how great my skin was looking (NO ONE EVER DOES THIS because I NEVER have good skin by any standards). I've stopped using Differin completely and spot treat with the BHA every 2 days or so, so I know this stuff is what's been making such a huge difference. This is.. dare I say it..? HG material for me. I do get flakies, but I wipe them off with a face cloth when I notice them. The small things (flakies, the smell, no moisutirizing properties to speak of) are not nearly enough for me to not love this product. Give it a try, every other day to begin with, if you're looking for something truly effective for acne.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by elizium

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite cream. I have been using it for 6 years. It makes my skin perfect (clean and smooth). Unlike many other creams (vichy or clinique) Cleanance K is suitable for VERY sensitive skin and does not make my skin dry. Best product and great price!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by nellja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't think of Cleanance K as an acne solution - have had a few minor pimples when I tried to use it every other day or daily. But as a biweekly or weekly exfoliator, it's incomparable. Does incredible things to soften and tone skin (via, as all have said, AHA and BHA action). The day or two after using it, my skin looks dewy, fresh - young.

I've had no stinging/redness, despite having sensitive/acne prone skin. I use the recommended 'pea size' amount, and only at night.

At the moment am using Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Cleansing Lotion with this product. Tried the Cleanance wash, but it somehow both aggravated and failed to wash my face!

I have found that pores seem slightly larger, but that might be because they've been exfoliated. That or the hot weather, not sure.

For dealing with the acne, the best thing I'd ever used was Olay's Daily Facials Lathering Cleanser (not the wipes; UK product). Solved all my acne woes - cysts, blackheads, whiteheads, via a gentle salicylic acid wash - until *all* my local Boots stopped stocking it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this as a make up base; a 'buffer' between my acne-prone skin and my make up. It works, though it needs some time to absorp and the smell is not good (but disappears after few minutes).

Since I faithfully use this together with Effaclar wash gel and Benzac benzoyl peroxide, I have really clear skin. (but must use them every day to stay clear!)

I'm an Avene fan but I don't think the anti-acne line is strong enough to solve your acne issues. But they are great for calming your skin after having used more aggressive products (like BP).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Annushka

I bought this product thinking it wouldnt help my pimples and acne; ive tried everything you can imagine, benoyl peroxide creams, salicylic acid gels, nothing at all, masks, you name it in any brand and ive tried it.

this is the only thing that has diminished my scars and prevented any more pimples coming through and i am DEFINATELY HAPPY! over the moon in fact.
the first time i used it i rubbed it all over my face and when i woke up the next morning, my pimple free cheek was as smooth as a babys bottom. my pores were smaller, the skin tighter and just glowing. my pimple sided cheek had the same texture, but abit of the redness had gone down, and my pimples on my forehead were smaller and less red and bumpy. the only thing i did different was this cream. i am cheering.

it has glycolic acid and aha's and bha's so it kinda exfoliates the skin. no benzoyl peroxide (which i had been using for months-even close to a year with no results) which makes my skin flaky and dry. salicylic acid to kill bacteria and it smells nice too.

i am so happy with this prduct. one downfall- the price. i paid $21.99 for a 40ml tube, but then later found out i could buy it for $16.99 downstairs at the discount chemist. ill be going to the latter next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Rabbers

This product really works for me. It has made my skin smoother and definitely reduced the amount of spots I get. It works as an chemical exfoliant and therefore it helps to prevent pores clogging. I am on my second tube already and will definitely be repurchasing. It even smells nice and fresh. I use it every night and occasionally in the morning. The tube lasts around 2-3 months. Affordable product with effective results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm on my third bottle of this stuff, which obviously means I'm a fan. I credit my HORRENDOUS adult acne clearing up almost single handedly to this product. It is truly a life saver. Very gentle on the skin (and mine is quite sensitive), but really effective too. It does sting a little if you put it on over a spot, but it's a twinge that lasts barely a second and is a sign that the product is working. I prefer to use it at night because I find it cumbersome as a make-up base, but once a day is enough, even if you have pretty bad acne. It works great with the Cleanance soapless gel cleanser so if you're considering this product, consider getting the cleanser, too.
UPDATE: They're discontinuing this. I'm heartbroken. Stock up!