October 1, 2014 | 1832 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hallelujah all mighty, I have found my "Dazzling Pink" shade in lipstick form at last! "Dazzling Pink" was an LE lipgloss shade my Revlon a while ago. It was stunning, it was a beautiful creamy lilac, rose pink that made me look straight out of a beauty magazine, rocking them unusual(at least to me) colors. I was so upset when it was discontinued i bought every tube i could find, on Ebay and elsewhere. I bought this shade just looking at the color swatches on the revlon display. I thought it would be a refreshing change from my mauves and roses. On me this shows up as a lavender-ish rose. A cool rose? But it didn't look out of place with my skin tone. It made me look like Ii usually do in the colder months. So to me this would be the perfect winter pink. Or even spring really. Just not summer and fall though. I find it too, or not hot enough. It evokes a 60s feel to me, not retro but elegant. It is beautiful, stunning shade, and again, another that would look great on anybody unless I think, you happen to be very olive. I can't wait for the colder months, and i won't have to worry about chapped lips because it takes care of that too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Color description: peach-toned pink

Pros

-creamy
- moisturizing
- pigmented

Cons

- none

Comments: This is a pink with peach undertones - very wearable. . It's very creamy and pigmented, as well.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been searching for the perfect baby pink lip. Unfortunately, this isn't quite what I wanted but it is a great neutral pink that would go with anything. It fills in the gap between nude and my brighter pinks. I think I will reach for this frequently.
One downside with the packaging: I wish the cap would click so that you would know its on all the way. Just feels a bit cheap right now

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ulta is seriously fabulous! I had a 3.50 off of any 10.00 coupon and the revlon was buy two get one free! walked away with 3 revlon SL lipsticks for 11 dollars. I was originally looking for Pink Velvet but they didn't carry the color! I took a big gamble on this color since i didn't consult MUA before buying! I remembered this color from some group swatches though and thought "what the heck, i'm getting it for free anyways". I love it! its a very confusing color to photograph however! It turns up very blue-based with a flash but its more neutral/warm in person. this does not look "80's" pink on me at all. for reference i'm about half mexican and half spanish (roughly) and i have a light complexion for my race. However I am not an ivory color nor do i have pink undertones so finding a pink that looks good on me that doesn't have a brown mixed in is very hard! this is a true pink that leans a little towards peachy pink. the color is fabulous and I think its hilarious that my original quest for a pink lipstick like Audrey Hepburns was what made me turn toward the revlon lipsticks in the first place! Im so thrilled that i picked this color! I haven't really mentioned how these wear, i love the formula, its very creamy but doesn't slide around your lips like a silky lip formula does. nothing lasts long on my lips because im notorious for licking them, drinking water, etc. the middle always wears on me first. I really dont mind taking these out of my bag and reapplying however because they are so chic and vintage looking. I feel absolutely glamorous when I wear any of my revlon lippies! I also love that I can wear this with a smokey eye! I wouldn't recommend wearing this with colorful eyeshadow or you may look trashy, this isnt sheer enough or nude enough to pull that off

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by characterarc

This is a pretty pick-me-up shade of pink but it makes my teeth look yellow. :((( I can wear it to work sometimes and tone it down a bit by layering a bit of NYX Natural Megashine lipgloss over it. Staying power is poor on me, about 2 hours max. It settles into my lines, feathers, and is rather a dry formula overall. Not very creamy. Tugs on my lips as I apply. For ref, I'm NC25 in Mac.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by 00courtney00

I truly adore this lipstick. An absolute MLBB color for me. Silky application, really moisturizing and good lasting power of 4 hours (even after lunch and lots of drinks).
It's a wonderful color for all occasions including work.

To avoid an overly creme pastel look I apply a generous layer of the lipstick, press a tissue between my lips then add a very thin layer over the top.

I have already repurchased this a few times and will definitely continue to do so!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

With my red hair and fair complexion this particular shade from Revlon looked obnoxious on me. It was reminded me of a retro bright pink-peach lipstick. I enjoy bright lipsticks, but this made my lips look like they could glow in the dark. Additionally I found the texture grainy and it left my lips feeling very dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by highwayrendezvous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

If I could only have one lipstick with me, I'd definitely choose this one. For a girl who is just venturing into the womanly realm of lipsticks, this is not too grown-up, yet still retains a sophisticated touch and never fails to make me feel pretty and confident when I wear this.

Texture-wise, it is indeed a lil' gritty, a little too thick? You might end up looking older if you apply too much. I always apply this to the centre of my lips, smudge it with my finger and lightly blot. Oh, apply lip balm after that if needed. Just a few dabs of lipbalm should do the trick if your lips are feeling a tad dry.

The colour's just so beautiful and really flatters my NC 25-30 Asian skintone (I'm fair but very slight yellow tones). I like it more than MAC's Fanfare Cremesheen Lipstick actually. It's a lil' lighter than my lip colour, but a beautiful, chic neutral pink that so reminds me of a Parisian lady standing by a fountain nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by celegia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Remember the last scene of "Breakfast at Tiffany's"? You see an "it girl" with a glamorous raincoat, ballet flats and a sleek ponytail. You think how you could look like her. Yes, you own a raincoat, same kind of shoes and, if you spend enough time, you can arrange the hairstyle. But there must be something that you miss...
Wake up! It's the make up. A light cover for your face that could transform every girl from kitch to chic.
How can you achieve Holly/Audrey look? It couldn't be easier!
You need transparent powder, soft smokey eyes (brown or grey doesn't matter), green or blue eyeliner blended with black one and rosy blush. Don't forget a generous hand of lenghtening mascara.
And voilà, the last magic touch! A gorgeous lipstick, called "Pink in the afternoon", right to make your lips fuller.
Apply it lightly because it's pasty and you don't want to look like your old aunt.
Unfortunately you may not end up looking exactly like Holly if you don't have a wet cat!

19 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by paulamwiggins

Alas!
It's gorgeous, yes. It is so 50's chic! And it's so very Audrey. But I couldn't pull it off.
My complexion, especially now after a long Chicago winter, is just too cool/neutral and is fighting with this beautiful bright, warm pink.
The cream finish unfortunately doesn't help me. Yes, it glides on and feels great, but it shows every line and crack of my 32-year-old lips, and it makes the color issue even more pronounced.
So many women love this shade, and I truly wish it worked for me. Perhaps with a tan it would be better—or if my skin were a little more fair/porcelain so there was a stronger contrast. Ahh, well. I'll leave it for Audrey!