July 29, 2014 | 1526 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ivory Soap

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2007 8:36:00 PM More reviews by msannw

It may be 99 44/100% pure, but whatever that 56/100% that ISN"T pure is, I am allergic to. I used this only one time and ended up in ER with an allergic reaction so bad that I couldn't get my contacts out of my eyes, my eyes were that swollen shut. I honestly wouldn't recommend anyone using this on their face....or their body for that matter. It is honestly one of the worst products I have ever used in my life.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by KP1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Omg, I've been using ivory since FOREVER. Gosh back in the day I use to wash my face with ivory soap! Ew I could never imagine doing that now! Its way too drying. I've had oily acne prone skin for so long that I use to severly dry my skin out. If only I knew what I know now back then. I wish I could turn back time and not have used ivory on my face, it probly did more harm than good. But on a positive note I do use this for my body. My parents have been buying this for so long and so I just use it. It make me feel nice and clean. So, the rating is 1 for the face. 3 for the body. I like how its not perfumy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by tessabeth

I use the Ivory liquid body wash in Simply Ivory. I LOVE IT! The smell is so fresh. I can't wait to use it every morning. It also leaves my skin smelling fresh all day without interfering with my perfume. It seems to make my perfume smell better! It also moisturizes without the feeling that there's a film on my skin like so many other moisturizing body washes do. I have never felt so clean until I used this. It's great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2007 12:36:00 AM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have not touched this stuff in over 25 years and won't. My parents always bought this when I was a child and it used to make my palms and feet itch something horrible. I honestly can say I cringe to hear that people use this (or any soap) on their face. Try the generic cetaphil at walmart instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2007 2:04:00 AM More reviews by peechez5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have always used and can only use Ivory or Dove soap to wash my face or my sensitive normal skin will react. I have tried many facial cleansers just to experiment and have always ended up with problems. I will never again stray from by beauty bars because that's whats simple, inexpensive and what makes my skin clear, smooth and soft. Ivory is a classic for a reason, it cleans, is just plain soap and smells pure and clean. I will always have some ivory in my house, it's my second choice to Dove.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2007 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Lizard65

Well, as much as I've spent on facial cleansers, I was getting tired of too many skin care "routines" day & night. My 92 year old aunt with baby soft skin said that she has only ever used Ivory Soap! I couldn't believe it. I just started using it about a week ago and my sensitive skin that breaks out all the time has actually started to clear up a bit. I am 48 with very large pores and I couldn't believe how this made my pores smaller and is so fast compared to my previous routines. I hope it continues to work.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2007 9:23:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticated

For being toted as one of the "mildest" soaps out there I cannot believe how badly this makes my skin sting! Ugh! Float on Ivory!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2007 8:55:00 PM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Makes me break out in big time rash especially on my neck, smells nice, but i remember back in the mid or later 1980's they used to have this ivory moisture care Bar and that was GOOD!! It was like an olay bar but in ivory scent version, I wish they would bring that back, procter and gamble are greedy,they are only out to make there money, and get rich and famous!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2007 1:19:00 PM More reviews by ronitabandita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes, it's a classic and has a great smell. It is so super pure that it floats but for my skin (and I cannot speak for others) it leaves a nasty white film. I have chocolate brown skin and I can literally see this film with my own eyes. I try to wash it off, but I get those lovely dirt/skin/soap curls that rub off the skin but won't wash off. Then, after I moisturize, my skin cracks and ashes up something awful in the spots that I miss.
What in the world is this cloying, painful film that Ivory puts on me?! I've used it for years and just assumed all soaps did that. Then when I became old enough to buy my own soaps, I realized that Ivory was the culpirt. I now buy Jergens Extra Mild soap. It smells like Ivory, is white but does not leave the Film-O-Hell on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2007 3:37:00 PM More reviews by cinnamongirl46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I Love Ivory Soap. I love the smell of the classic old white bar of this soap. I always keep it on hand. There are so many uses for this old fashioned soap. I rarely use it on my face, except for summer time after I have mowed the lawn or been out in sticky, hot weather. I use it to wash delicate areas of the body where I don't want to use scented, shower gels because it does not irritate those areas with unneeded chemicals. I always keep a bar and wash my hands with it before I put my contact lenses on, because it does not have added oils and scents that would soak into my lenses and irritate my eyes. I use it to get stains out of clothing, it also is excellent at removing makeup from washcloths and clothes. I also use a very small amount on a wet washcloth to clean my leather sofa with, I know a lady who has had her leather furniture for over 20 years and she told me this is how she always cleaned her leather furniture. I just wipe the furniture down with a very small amount of ivory on wet cloth, then use wet cloth to rinse and then apply leather conditioner afterwards, it removes dirt and does not fade or damage my furniture.
I love the fact that Ivory has been around so long, I know it floats because of injected air, but sometimes there is nothing like a bath with this old fashioned favorite.