October 22, 2014 | 1804 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ivory Soap

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2007 9:23:00 AM More reviews by starberr1e

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This soap just reminds me of staying at my Grandma's house when I was little! She swore by Ivory soap and vinegar & baking soda to scrub the bathroom so everything at her house always smelled so fresh and clean without being all perfumey and chemical smelling. This soap is lovely for my skin in the summer when I don't need to use much moisturizer, but in the winter it's a tad drying so I switch to a Dove bar or a moisturizing body wash. It cleans very well though, and leaves my skin smelling fresh without clashing with my perfume. I also use it to wash my male dog as he's allergic to a lot of different dog shampoos, but Ivory doesn't irritate his skin. Plus, it's super-cheap and available at just about any dollar store, grocery store, or Kmart/Walmart, so I always have a few extra bars stashed in my linen closet.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2007 3:51:00 AM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This soap strips the skin of all it's oils so I never use it on my face or body BUT it cleans clothes superbly because it's so strong.. I use it because it works superbly for washing clothes/dishrags ets, especially those armpit stains where the smell wont go away. Just soak for an hour and wash. It is a definite all around household staple for cleaning anything well and works just as well as Bicarbonate of Soda at getting stains/smells out of anything. If you work at a particularly dirty greasy job also it's excellent for hand washing. Otherwise for regular use unless you have the greasiest skin in the world do not use. It's way too stripping.....
2013 October. What happened? The no fragrance had been replaced with the faint small of a perspiring old person who still washes with a rag and a pail of water. Eew! Maybe the manufacturer thought that no one would notice. I notice. The smell is so noticeable to my hound-like sense of smell that I could smell it in the soap dish as soon as I entered the bathroom. I threw it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2007 8:36:00 PM More reviews by msannw

It may be 99 44/100% pure, but whatever that 56/100% that ISN"T pure is, I am allergic to. I used this only one time and ended up in ER with an allergic reaction so bad that I couldn't get my contacts out of my eyes, my eyes were that swollen shut. I honestly wouldn't recommend anyone using this on their face....or their body for that matter. It is honestly one of the worst products I have ever used in my life.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by KP1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Omg, I've been using ivory since FOREVER. Gosh back in the day I use to wash my face with ivory soap! Ew I could never imagine doing that now! Its way too drying. I've had oily acne prone skin for so long that I use to severly dry my skin out. If only I knew what I know now back then. I wish I could turn back time and not have used ivory on my face, it probly did more harm than good. But on a positive note I do use this for my body. My parents have been buying this for so long and so I just use it. It make me feel nice and clean. So, the rating is 1 for the face. 3 for the body. I like how its not perfumy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by tessabeth

I use the Ivory liquid body wash in Simply Ivory. I LOVE IT! The smell is so fresh. I can't wait to use it every morning. It also leaves my skin smelling fresh all day without interfering with my perfume. It seems to make my perfume smell better! It also moisturizes without the feeling that there's a film on my skin like so many other moisturizing body washes do. I have never felt so clean until I used this. It's great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2007 12:36:00 AM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have not touched this stuff in over 25 years and won't. My parents always bought this when I was a child and it used to make my palms and feet itch something horrible. I honestly can say I cringe to hear that people use this (or any soap) on their face. Try the generic cetaphil at walmart instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2007 2:04:00 AM More reviews by peechez5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have always used and can only use Ivory or Dove soap to wash my face or my sensitive normal skin will react. I have tried many facial cleansers just to experiment and have always ended up with problems. I will never again stray from by beauty bars because that's whats simple, inexpensive and what makes my skin clear, smooth and soft. Ivory is a classic for a reason, it cleans, is just plain soap and smells pure and clean. I will always have some ivory in my house, it's my second choice to Dove.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2007 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Lizard65

Well, as much as I've spent on facial cleansers, I was getting tired of too many skin care "routines" day & night. My 92 year old aunt with baby soft skin said that she has only ever used Ivory Soap! I couldn't believe it. I just started using it about a week ago and my sensitive skin that breaks out all the time has actually started to clear up a bit. I am 48 with very large pores and I couldn't believe how this made my pores smaller and is so fast compared to my previous routines. I hope it continues to work.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2007 9:23:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticated

For being toted as one of the "mildest" soaps out there I cannot believe how badly this makes my skin sting! Ugh! Float on Ivory!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2007 8:55:00 PM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Makes me break out in big time rash especially on my neck, smells nice, but i remember back in the mid or later 1980's they used to have this ivory moisture care Bar and that was GOOD!! It was like an olay bar but in ivory scent version, I wish they would bring that back, procter and gamble are greedy,they are only out to make there money, and get rich and famous!!!!!!