Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.3

on 6/16/2005 1:52:00 PM

In general, I like this Beige Shimmerbrick. It does look very nice when first applied, however, I find that as the day goes on (maybe 2-3 hours) I look a bit shiny ! I feel that the product does not stay true and breaks down after a little bit of time. Applying the Shimmerbrick on top does not solve the problem, I must apply a regular pressed powder and then the Shimmer brick in order to attain the initial look.

on 6/12/2005 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Amazing product! I use it as a highlighter and it far surpasses anything I've ever tried. Manages to give just the right amount of radiance and can be used with as little or as much makeup as you want - it always manages to look good. Make sure to use a good quality brush, with appropriate sizing for what you plan to do with it (i.e. blush, highlighter, all over shimmer - whatever) as it will drastically impact the ease and outcome of application.

on 6/4/2005 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am really loving this product! I have the Beige, Rose and Bronze, but use them for different looks. I'll review them all here for comparison.

The Beige is perfect for giving me a soft focus glow without adding any color. It's perfect with all blushes, lipsticks, etc. The shimmer is not glittery, or noticeable at all. Subtle and lovely.

The Rose is beautiful as a blush. On my very pale skin, the pink shows up too much and ends up making me look glowy and sunburned. :P I use this just on my cheekbones and the effect is a delicate pink blush with the hint of shimmer.

The Bronze is stunning and probably my favorite right now. This I can get away with using a bit more liberally as it just works as a bronzer would. If I want to add more color on my cheeks, NARS Taos blush goes exceptionally well. This also works great as eyeshadow.

I had, and subsequently returned the Pink. It is light like the Beige, but gives a silvery cast to the skin. I was looking for more of the warm, candle light effect. The Beige accomplishes this perfectly.

I really suggest getting the brush to go with the Shimmer Brick. None of my other brushes gave me the same effortless application and buffed finish. continued >>

on 5/8/2005 7:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Great product-gives a glow and light shimmer to the skin.I apply it under my blush and a bit to the forehead area and it looks great,not too shiny when applied with a light hand.Beige is a great shade for me,as the others would be too dark or pinky(warm toned,NC20 skin,freckles and red hair.)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I love these shimmerbricks! the beige one gives a "candlelight glow" to my skin and never looks oily or overdone!

on 5/1/2005 12:33:00 PM

Too shimmery. The glitter looks too large and obvious. But works as an eyeshadow.

on 4/30/2005 6:09:00 AM

I am a LLL Bobbi Brown Warm Ivory #1, MAC C2, brown hair, hazel eyes and find that this product gives me a beautiful healthy glow. It is not too much so that I can't wear it during the day and works a treat for when I am going out at night. I am very happy with this product.

on 4/17/2005 5:11:00 AM

This is one product I use everyday.I have the beige one which is quite neutral/cool tones.I absolutelly love it. It gives me a really nice suttle glow to my face but I love using it for my eyes as well. Love it so much I just bought another one of the same colour to live on my dresser since this one is getting quite a beating cause I take it everywhere with me.

on 4/2/2005 12:57:00 PM

This is a fantastic highlighter or light bronzer. I love using it on top of blush or as eyeshadows. I had tried the pink, which wasn't at all flattering on me, but the beige has the perfect amount of shimmer and pigment.

on 3/29/2005 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with Farah79's post below. I heard so many raves so I decided to try it. I already have and love Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl which gives me a dewy ethereal 'glow' but I've been looking for a shimmery bronzer to put a little color in my pale skin and Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal was too dark. So I thought that BB's Beige Shimmerbrick would give me a perfect bronzy glow but unfortunately I find the shimmer to be more like flecks of gold glitter that I can see on skin and not at all natural like Becca's. I'm going to use the rest as an eyeshadow...so the search continues for a natural bronzer but I think I'm going to stay away from the powder shimmers. **UPDATE** This weekend decided to give it one more try so I used it in the evening under low light conditions and have to say that it gave me a beautiful candlelight glow so overall it's a good product but unfortunately only under certain lighting.