Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.3

on 7/14/2005 10:38:00 PM

I really wanted to love this Shimmerbrick, and because I do love alot of products in Bobbi's line, I ran out to buy it without knowing that much about it. I assumed that anything by Bobbi Brown would look natural/neutral, so how bad could it be, right? My first thought on seeing it in the store (I didn't test it first) was that it was overly shimmery but was told that the shimmer would be subtle. Well, unfortunately, this bronzer tends to look pearly/white on me and I feel that I look somewhat too sparkly. I also don't feel I was heavy-handed in my application. I have also tried the colors individually as e/s and still feel that there is too much shimmer for my liking. Overall, I gave this product 3 lippies because I have had it in my collection for some time, but never reach for it due to the reasons stated above. Long story short, off to swap it goes.

on 7/7/2005 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this! I heard so much about shimmerbricks forever and had wanted one forever, well I finally got one and I think it lives up to my expectations! It makes me have a "candle lit glow"! I never wear this during the day, but for a night out this is amazing! I love the colors in the beige shimmerbrick, they work very well together. This just adds a little color to my skin, brightening it up! Great!

on 6/25/2005 9:49:00 PM

I got this in 2004. I liked it for quite a while and I used a very light touch on the cheekbones and sometimes around the eyes (lids, tear duct). In general, however, I find it far too harshly sparkly for me (I'm 40 yrs old). I much prefer Laura Mercier - Illuminating Powder (mine is the Pink Quad) as it is more subtle and easier to use. Like many others - my Shimmerbrick broke, which made me very angry. I travel alot and appreciate a sturdy product!

EDIT over two years later....I put the powdered mess into a ziplock and use it all the time as eyeshadow and/or highlighter at the tear ducts. Use it all the time now, and quite like it. Is a great bronze-y neutral for my olive skin. Still, it's too expensive and fragile for something that I dot in the corners of my eyes.

on 6/16/2005 1:52:00 PM

In general, I like this Beige Shimmerbrick. It does look very nice when first applied, however, I find that as the day goes on (maybe 2-3 hours) I look a bit shiny ! I feel that the product does not stay true and breaks down after a little bit of time. Applying the Shimmerbrick on top does not solve the problem, I must apply a regular pressed powder and then the Shimmer brick in order to attain the initial look.

on 6/12/2005 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Amazing product! I use it as a highlighter and it far surpasses anything I've ever tried. Manages to give just the right amount of radiance and can be used with as little or as much makeup as you want - it always manages to look good. Make sure to use a good quality brush, with appropriate sizing for what you plan to do with it (i.e. blush, highlighter, all over shimmer - whatever) as it will drastically impact the ease and outcome of application.

on 6/4/2005 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am really loving this product! I have the Beige, Rose and Bronze, but use them for different looks. I'll review them all here for comparison.

The Beige is perfect for giving me a soft focus glow without adding any color. It's perfect with all blushes, lipsticks, etc. The shimmer is not glittery, or noticeable at all. Subtle and lovely.

The Rose is beautiful as a blush. On my very pale skin, the pink shows up too much and ends up making me look glowy and sunburned. :P I use this just on my cheekbones and the effect is a delicate pink blush with the hint of shimmer.

The Bronze is stunning and probably my favorite right now. This I can get away with using a bit more liberally as it just works as a bronzer would. If I want to add more color on my cheeks, NARS Taos blush goes exceptionally well. This also works great as eyeshadow.

I had, and subsequently returned the Pink. It is light like the Beige, but gives a silvery cast to the skin. I was looking for more of the warm, candle light effect. The Beige accomplishes this perfectly.

I really suggest getting the brush to go with the Shimmer Brick. None of my other brushes gave me the same effortless application and buffed finish. continued >>

on 5/8/2005 7:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Great product-gives a glow and light shimmer to the skin.I apply it under my blush and a bit to the forehead area and it looks great,not too shiny when applied with a light hand.Beige is a great shade for me,as the others would be too dark or pinky(warm toned,NC20 skin,freckles and red hair.)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I love these shimmerbricks! the beige one gives a "candlelight glow" to my skin and never looks oily or overdone!

on 5/1/2005 12:33:00 PM

Too shimmery. The glitter looks too large and obvious. But works as an eyeshadow.

on 4/30/2005 6:09:00 AM

I am a LLL Bobbi Brown Warm Ivory #1, MAC C2, brown hair, hazel eyes and find that this product gives me a beautiful healthy glow. It is not too much so that I can't wear it during the day and works a treat for when I am going out at night. I am very happy with this product.