Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream

3.5

Water Purified, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Carbomer, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium PCA, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, PEG-100 Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

on 10/23/2009 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was the worst eye cream I have ever tried. Completely allergic to it. My eyes puffed up red, and my inner eye got bloodshot. This happened every time I went to put it on. I left it a couple of weeks... same thing happened yesterday. I'm throwing it in the trash. What a waste of money!

on 10/14/2009 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm afraid I have to give this one the thumbs down. I wanted to like it--because I'd heard good things--but I just have to disagree with the raves. The biggest problem for me was stinging all around my eye area after application. It would subside fairly quickly, but it's not a sensation I want with eye cream. Second, I don't think the packaging is any good -- ie you have to dip your finger into the jar. Third, this did not work well before applying makeup. My concealer didn't go on smoothly and I got a sort of clumping of it shortly after I put it on (and it's a goodie -- By Terry). All in all, a real disappointment for me.

on 9/27/2009 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have been using this product for the past few weeks since the skin in my eye area felt dehydrated and I already have all the depuff, rid lines blah blah blah creams... I just want good moisture around my eyes to lessen the effects of life and daily environmental stress.

I love this cream. It does what I want and no more.. and my skin is looking better every day with use. Too, I know that once I stop using it, I will have drier skin so I will repurchase.

I find the price a bit high so I won't give a 5 lipper... but I would repurchase this.

on 9/26/2009 12:28:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I got a sample of this with the corrector/concealer kit thing with the powder. The kit is really great, this was given to me to serve as a base for that. Initially I thought it was doing a great job, and was a little greasy. I am not too demanding of an eye cream. One day I forgot it. I noticed no diffrerence in the staying power of my concealer, or the hydration of my skin. I tried using it one day, not using it the next and ultimately this just had zero effect for me.

on 8/24/2009 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've gone through 2 jars of this stuff already so yes, I like it. That said, it's a very basic eye cream. Of course that's what I want. I don't believe in miracle eye creams. I just want a simple fragrance-free hydrating cream without any crazy stuff. This eye cream delivers...if you're looking for a simple eye cream. This eye cream does not claim to depuff, dewrinkle, or erase dark circles. It's purely meant for hydration, which is really the only thing you should expect from an eye cream. You want a tighter eye area? Get surgery. Anyway, this cream doesn't sting or irritate my eyes or sting my skin the way some eye creams do. I'm talking to you, Clinique.

What I love most about Bobbi Brown's eye cream is that it's super rich and hydrating yet absorbs well and spreads easily. Some super rich eye creams are more like balms than creams and therefore don't spread very well. Since it's so rich and can cause my eye makeup to slip, I use this eye cream on my undereyes only during the day (it works beautifully under concealer) and all over my eyes at night. DDF Nourishing Eye Cream works better for me under eye makeup but it's not quite rich enough for my undereye area. My favorite concealers are a bit drying so I need a super rich eye cream. I'm not old but I'm also not 21 anymore so a well hydrated eye area is very important.

What I absolutely do not like about Bobbi Brown facial treatment products is the horrible glass jar. Can it be anymore inconvenient and unhygeinic? On top of that, the glass jar is also not very well designed so when I'm low on product, I have to dig around in the bottom and sides. In the evening, I use a cotton swab to apply eye cream and in the day I use a clean concealer brush to pick up enough cream for my undereyes. I'm trying to find something to depot the cream so that I can keep it clean and convenient to use.

This eye cream is also very expensive but I will keep repurchasing until and if I find something better. It's a shame about the stupid glass pot though. I'm taking off a lippie for that.

on 7/27/2009 8:32:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been using this for two weeks. It looks nice, especially under my bobbi brown concealer. Unfortunately, all my eyeliners--including Aqua Eyes (waterproof) MUF and Urban Decay 24/7--smudge by 10am when used in combination with this product. Ask for samples and use them before you buy.

Update: I'm knocking a lippie off of this because after trying other eye creams, I realize how bad this stuff is. It doesn't absorb into the skin and I still manage to have dry spots. I thought the problem was my skin, but other eye creams don't cause my concealer to cake on dry spots. Biore See the Future and Philosophy Hope eye creams are both better than this stuff.

I will say that wearing this is better than wearing nothing. So there's that.

on 7/26/2009 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is very emollient. If you have oily eyelids,skip this or your eye makeup will slide right off your eyelids.Not pretty. For those who have dry skin on their eyelids(like me),this hydrates wonderfully.But you know, I have found alot of steals from drugstore brands that work as good or better than this eye cream so I will not be repurchasing because even though this eye cream hydrates my eyes well,it doesn't do anything more or target any other eye problems like blurring out darkness(it isnt possible to completely get rid of dark circles)etc so for the price,it's ridiculous to get for a basic eye cream. The jar packaging also compromises the stability of the ingredients in it. So that sucks.

on 7/25/2009 7:33:00 AM

I hoped to like this product but was disappointed. Primary reason for this purchase was so my Bobbi brown corrector (which I really really love) would go on smoother, but it didnt make any difference or less effective than my Guinot eye cream which I was using before I bought this. I do not like the packaging-its unhygenic, there is no added benefits such as reducing dark eye circles, puffiness or plethora of other claims that normal eye creams do and the price is ridiculous for the amount it comes in! Will not repurchase!

on 7/21/2009 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This makes for the best eye cream prior to using my bb corrector and foundation stick. It's emollient, smells great and best of all is effective.
Ingredients:WATER, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA (WITCH HAZEL) EXTRACT, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, RETINYL PALMITATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SODIUM PCA, GLYCERIN, SQUALANE, TOCOPHEROL, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, PEG-100 STEARATE, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, SODIUM CARBOMER, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL

on 7/6/2009 1:49:00 PM

I bought this as i felt i need a richer cream for under my eye i had a good sample given to me from sa on bb counter and then bought a tube its a lovely cream sinks in well and goes a good job . i would defo buy again, its pricey but worth it as it hydratesunder my eye really well i use this is in the day and the bb eye balm at night .