Revlon Vixen

4.3

on 11/29/2006 1:03:00 AM

Very sexy, this colour is one of my favourites. Much better than the Chanel one ( and much cheaper) this is a gorgeous red/black, the ultimate vamp shade. It looks amazing with my ppp skin!

on 11/25/2006 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Dramatic, deep and sexy. I have a friend who buys Chanel Vamp for like $20 a bottle which I think is obscene. This is even prettier, IMO, and it goes on sale, too.

This looks fabulous on my finger nails. A gorgeous colour. I have got olive skin and didn't really think it would look good on me but still went on and bought. I am so glad I did because this is the most charming red I have seen. Since I am not pale, one coat is enough for me. I don't like it too dark. With one coat it looks like a deep deep blood red on me. With a top coat it shines so much that I can't take my eyes off of my own fingers. I highly recommend it. It is not expensive and the bottle is huge. Since I like it one coat, it is a bit hard to apply smoothly but it is so worth it. I will definitely buy it again.

on 11/4/2006 6:24:00 PM

This is my 2nd revlon nail polish. I also own Revlon Red. First off, I think Revlon has some great classic colors, you can go retro or modern. I think the polish wears well. I can get up to three weeks on a pedicure with Revlon. Vixen is a great very deep raisin color, similar to Chanel Vamp. I prefer this to Vamp. It applies very easily with two coats to a nice solid creamy finish. I find Chanel polishes to be hard to apply and streaky. So in my opinion, Revlon Vixin is less expensive and better. Love it!

on 9/28/2006 9:39:00 PM

A classic fall color. I have tons of vampy and dark polish colors, but this may be my favorite. I reach for this very often. It's been painful not to wear it lately (job interviews). I will be wearing it this weekend. It's one of the few polishes that I've used up and had to buy some backups.

on 9/25/2006 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Nice deep red color. I tend to lean toward cream polishes, because shimmer tends to look really trashy after a while. This is a great color, and If I was one to settle on one color (instead of a new one each time), this would be it. It accentuates my pale olive-ish skin. I wear it year round, no chips. A good base coat really cuts down on staining. Will buy again when I run out.

on 9/14/2006 2:36:00 PM

This is the perfect deep red plum creme. It applies smoothly, and many say is a twin to Chanel Vamp. China Glaze's Pretty in Patent is a twin of this, and Essie Sole Mate comes close but it's a tinge darker. The shimmer version of this is Milani Black Cherry. This color is great for the fall/winter months and I find it very sophisticated. Revlon nail polish retails for about $4.50, but prices vary per store. The new formula dries well and with no bubbles.

on 9/13/2006 11:18:00 PM

after searching online for Chanel Vamp, i decided it was too expensive for my taste. I came across many articles that stated that revlon's vixen was a lot like vamp, but more plum as apposed to red. i decided to buy the product since there was a sale going on. I absolutely adore the color and have gotten so many compliments on my nails! i had no problem with drying time, it was about average. The only problem i had was that it seemed quite thin so i had to use 2 coats and it seems slightly streaky. but that could possibly just be me, im a perfectionist! overall i really liked this product and when i run out i'll probably buy it again!

on 8/27/2006 2:59:00 AM

It is the color (Vamp rouge noir) and price (reasonable) I am looking for but I have to have it professionally done so it won't be streaky. Chanel is expensive but even if I do it myself it looks professionally done due to the superior texture of the polish that goes on evenly. Paying a nail salon + tip + revlon vixen is turns out more expensive, about same if revlon is on sale, than just buying the Chanel Vamp Rouge Noir outright and applying it in the comfort of my own home.

on 8/23/2006 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great dark reddish purple color. Wear it on short nails. Perfect for when you get that urge. Similar to Chanel Vamp except the Chanel shade is slightly more red wheras Vixen is more purple. I think this shade would work well with a wide variety of skin tones. I wear it and I am pale and cooltoned but it would look good on a darker skinned lady as well. Definately a great drug store beauty purchase.