August 31, 2014 | 1608 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Vixen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 2:29:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dramatic, deep and sexy. I have a friend who buys Chanel Vamp for like $20 a bottle which I think is obscene. This is even prettier, IMO, and it goes on sale, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2006 3:32:00 PM More reviews by jellybabythepinkcat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This looks fabulous on my finger nails. A gorgeous colour. I have got olive skin and didn't really think it would look good on me but still went on and bought. I am so glad I did because this is the most charming red I have seen. Since I am not pale, one coat is enough for me. I don't like it too dark. With one coat it looks like a deep deep blood red on me. With a top coat it shines so much that I can't take my eyes off of my own fingers. I highly recommend it. It is not expensive and the bottle is huge. Since I like it one coat, it is a bit hard to apply smoothly but it is so worth it. I will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2006 6:24:00 PM More reviews by staci23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my 2nd revlon nail polish. I also own Revlon Red. First off, I think Revlon has some great classic colors, you can go retro or modern. I think the polish wears well. I can get up to three weeks on a pedicure with Revlon. Vixen is a great very deep raisin color, similar to Chanel Vamp. I prefer this to Vamp. It applies very easily with two coats to a nice solid creamy finish. I find Chanel polishes to be hard to apply and streaky. So in my opinion, Revlon Vixin is less expensive and better. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2006 9:39:00 PM More reviews by alisonlm7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A classic fall color. I have tons of vampy and dark polish colors, but this may be my favorite. I reach for this very often. It's been painful not to wear it lately (job interviews). I will be wearing it this weekend. It's one of the few polishes that I've used up and had to buy some backups.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2006 8:08:00 PM More reviews by etooz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice deep red color. I tend to lean toward cream polishes, because shimmer tends to look really trashy after a while. This is a great color, and If I was one to settle on one color (instead of a new one each time), this would be it. It accentuates my pale olive-ish skin. I wear it year round, no chips. A good base coat really cuts down on staining. Will buy again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2006 2:36:00 PM More reviews by newsystyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the perfect deep red plum creme. It applies smoothly, and many say is a twin to Chanel Vamp. China Glaze's Pretty in Patent is a twin of this, and Essie Sole Mate comes close but it's a tinge darker. The shimmer version of this is Milani Black Cherry. This color is great for the fall/winter months and I find it very sophisticated. Revlon nail polish retails for about $4.50, but prices vary per store. The new formula dries well and with no bubbles.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2006 11:18:00 PM More reviews by immissworld

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

after searching online for Chanel Vamp, i decided it was too expensive for my taste. I came across many articles that stated that revlon's vixen was a lot like vamp, but more plum as apposed to red. i decided to buy the product since there was a sale going on. I absolutely adore the color and have gotten so many compliments on my nails! i had no problem with drying time, it was about average. The only problem i had was that it seemed quite thin so i had to use 2 coats and it seems slightly streaky. but that could possibly just be me, im a perfectionist! overall i really liked this product and when i run out i'll probably buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2006 2:59:00 AM More reviews by cremebrulee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is the color (Vamp rouge noir) and price (reasonable) I am looking for but I have to have it professionally done so it won't be streaky. Chanel is expensive but even if I do it myself it looks professionally done due to the superior texture of the polish that goes on evenly. Paying a nail salon + tip + revlon vixen is turns out more expensive, about same if revlon is on sale, than just buying the Chanel Vamp Rouge Noir outright and applying it in the comfort of my own home.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2006 4:25:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

Great dark reddish purple color. Wear it on short nails. Perfect for when you get that urge. Similar to Chanel Vamp except the Chanel shade is slightly more red wheras Vixen is more purple. I think this shade would work well with a wide variety of skin tones. I wear it and I am pale and cooltoned but it would look good on a darker skinned lady as well. Definately a great drug store beauty purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2006 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Foxy_Boxing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a dark, vampy, sexy nail polish and I found it in Revlon's Vixen. I have a light-medium skin tone (half mexican) and this stuff looks great on my hands. I keep my nails short, and I think that helps with a color this dark. But it's not ridiculous dark and it is surprisingly versitile. It went on a little git sticky and gloopy, but In the end it looks good. I haven't tried to take it off yet so I don't know if it will stain my nails. In fact, it's been on for 3 days now without a single chip! And I am not nice to my hands, either! I've been unpacking from a recent move and doing a lot of cleaning. This stuff is great.