December 17, 2014 | 1647 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm a highly acne prone, yellow toned, light/meduim gal with a fair amount of scarring (both dark marks and pock marks). After going through a slew of drugstore foundations, none of which were completely right (they would either break me out, or did not match my skin tone) I finally decided to try Almay's Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup in the pump tube. First off, I like that shade "Buff" Matched me very nicely. It had just the right amount of yellowish peach undertones for my skin. Most were too peachy, orange or pink. I like that Almay's doesn't oxidize to a different color. It stays true to the color it is in the bottle and applied. It's a rather thick foundation, but not so that I can't blend it. You do need to blend quick though, or else it will dry. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin, but it's not as thin as a tinted moisturizer or bb cream. It's a matte finish, however it is a tad moist feeling on the skin, but nothing a little powder can't fix if you don't like the dewy moist feel. I would say on a scale from 1 to 5, this foundation's coverage is about a 4. There is still a tiny bit of dark scarring that shows through on my face after applied, due to only applying one layer of foundation, but another bit applied on the blemishes covers them very well. This foundation completely covers redness, blotchy discoloration, pimples and pock mark scars, and is very buildable without looking cakey. There is no offensive smell with this foundation, and has not caused any breakouts. Since I have been using this I haven't had a large breakout. A few little tiny ones here and there, but I haven't had any of the large breakouts that I normally experience. The night I purchased this I was having major breakouts on my chin (2 large painful pimples) and one major pimple on my cheek and I went into the bathroom and applied this all over, and put extra on the pimples, and low and behold a few hours later they were already starting to dry up. I was very impressed. That alone colored my rating for this foundation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by HappyMiniDonuts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a very hard time finding a foundation that matches my skin since I have yellow undertones and I'm a little bit on the tan side. Most foundations look orange or pink on me so I was surprised when this foundation matched me pretty well. The coverage is medium, some of my darker acne scars still show through but with a concealer it does the job. It claims to help and clear blemishes which l didn't find but in the end it is a foundation and I didn't expect it to. The packaging is pretty good since it has a pump so it's sanitary and easy to control.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love that this is in a pump, however I got the shade 'Natural' and it has a tad too much yellow in it for me. Def noticable, I need to go down a shade or find it with a neutral undertone. The wear was fine, I put powder over it and it's great, doesnt settle into lines. I also use a primer by Rimmel under it and I apply this with a foundation brush by Eco Tools.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Anna014

I found this product to be nothing more than average. The packaging was poor (open top screw on cap) which proved to be quite messy since the foundation was a little runny. I also ended up purchasing the wrong colour since the its an open top and the tester in the store had oxidised. Considering it is a foundation meant for blemishes, i found the coverage to be a bit sheer and if you build it up it tends to look cakey. I'd say it has a very unnatural finish with average lasting power, however it did not get oily even without a finishing powder and neither did it break me out. All in all I'd say it is a very average foundation, not something I'd recommend to somebody with blemishes or acne and not worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by kaitsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using L'oreal Infallible makeup pretty regularly for about a year. I switch to something lighter in the summertime but find nothing else gives real full coverage like infallible. Revlon colour stay was always too mask-like. I decided to try this as I used to use Almay TLC foundation when I was a teenager and I have pretty bad jawline acne and that's the only reason I need such heavy coverage from Infallible. Anyway, I find it does help my skin rather than hurt it - At the end of the day red pimples have faded and some "under the skin" pimples were brought to a head and then dry up quickly. The coverage isn't as full as Infallible which is taking some getting used to but I hope as my skin clears up I won't rely on the full coverage as much. I found my forehead got a bit shiny although my nose & cheeks didn't, which they usually do, so perhaps just didn't set my forehead well enough. I definitely use a powder afterwards and do miss the long-lastingness of Infallible but I'm going to stick with it because it doesn't oxidize as badly as Infallible, either. The colour is a PERFECT, seamless match. I'm fair-medium tone and am using "naked". It was about $14.00, cheaper than Almay's TLC and very cheaper than Infallible (CAN $$$).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by youngpunkk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought my bottle of this foundation at Big Lots for cheap, though I can't remember how much I paid. I've switched between a few foundations in my collection, so this bottle has lasted me about a year, and I always seemed to go back to this one.

Good coverage, fragrance free, non-irritating, doesn't feel slick or greasy on my skin, doesn't feel heavy on my face, gives me a dewy finish which I'm a fan of, and it's buildable, which makes covering spots without needing a concealer a definite possibility.

I would repurchase for sure if I could ensure that it would be the same formula as the bottle I just ran out of, but since I'm reading some reviews saying it was altered a bit, I'm not so sure. But I'd definitely hunt your Big Lots stores to see if they have any more bottles of the original formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Connorsmom05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Skin type - Oily, sensitive, and extremely acne-prone
Foundation Color - Naked

This used to be one of my HG liquid foundations. I have ADD when it comes to using makeup and switch around every few months. This is one I could always come back to and never worry that it would break me out. The coverage was more natural looking than Revlon Colorstay or any of the other longwearing foundations. That is what I really liked about it. It didn't look like I had a lot of makeup on yet it covered all of my scars and imperfections. Unfortunately, Almay had to jump on the cyclopentasiloxane wagon and add it to their "new" formulation in the pump. From everything I've read, cyclopentasiloxane is one of the worst silicones for acne-prone skin. I did buy a new bottle to test the theory and it does seem to be breaking me out. Granted, I'm pretty much always broken out due to hormonal issues but when I wear this makeup I get a different kind of acne that goes away once I stop using it. I am really disappointed that Almay changed the formula on this. However, if you don't have issues with cyclops you should definitely give it a try for a more natural looking alternative to Colorstay.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by nathalierae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When I first began wearing makeup at age fourteen this product was my go to foundation. I really don't know why I ever stopped using it, but I did. For almost three years I used revlon colors stay. My skin recently began to really hate the color stay and I began breaking out worse than ever. So after going on an endless quest to find the right foundation, I came across the newest version of this almay foundation. This stuff is amazing. Not only does it cover almost any and every imperfection better than the color stay, it doesn't feel nearly as thick and cakey. It's breathable, the packaging is practical, AND it doesn't aggravate my skin. Girls, if you are looking for a natural looking matte foundation that has great buildable coverage to hide and heal breakouts, look no further. This foundation is everything I could ever ask for at an affordable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Yzyz

I can see why some ppl hate this product and others adore it. It all depends on ur skin type and how bad ur blemishes are. I have fair skin with pretty darn harcore red acne scarring all over. Though, i dont have much active pimples, blackheads or even cystic acne. My scarring is generally discolouration rather than ice pick or deep ones. My skin type is normal, though very thin and sensitive and i get oily throughout the day. By oily, its not like u can fry an egg on it but just shine.

So the product. It has a light to medium coverage that will tone down my scar though not masking it with color or powder like most foundations do. It is like a higher coverage tinted moisturizer, if that makes sense. Thats what i like abt it and why giving it 4 star although some of its flaws. I also like how the salycilic acid doesnt over dry ur skin, unless ur skin is dry, but gradually deflame and peel off and heal active pimples. Feels light on face.
Buff fits my nc15-20 yellow undertone skin great!

Now its flaws. Its coverage is definitely a downside since most use it to cover acne. It is nowhere near full coverage. Though it looks extremely natural. Ideal for ppl seeking this look but not so much for others. Id recommend using it as a primer under full coverage foundation since it heals and is very light.

This is rly the only one flaw for me. But hey, what can u ask more for a non comedogenic foundation that heals acne and feels soo natural? I can see myself loving this foundation when my scars would fade away a bit more. Its almost winter here and this foundation doesnt flake or dry at all for my skin type.

Overall, if u have mild acne and have slightly or very oily skin, ull love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by adrianna114

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a review on the old container, not the new pump container which I haven't tried yet. I have genetic acne and I don't expect makeup to actually help clear my acne, but this one didn't break me out further which was good. It also did pretty well with my oily skin. It has medium coverage without looking cakey. I have issues with foundation looking cakey on me and I'm able to put this on and it looks fine. It doesn't sink into my big pores either. So far this has been the best foundation I've been able to find for acne-prone skin that suits all my skin's needs. The only thing I noticed was that it maybe doesn't blend as well as other makeups. If you get a color that's a bit dark or light you might have trouble because it doesn't just mesh into the color of your skin like other foundations seem to. I would want to make sure not to miss any spots, and blend it carefully.