August 21, 2014 | 1712 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Connorsmom05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Skin type - Oily, sensitive, and extremely acne-prone
Foundation Color - Naked

This used to be one of my HG liquid foundations. I have ADD when it comes to using makeup and switch around every few months. This is one I could always come back to and never worry that it would break me out. The coverage was more natural looking than Revlon Colorstay or any of the other longwearing foundations. That is what I really liked about it. It didn't look like I had a lot of makeup on yet it covered all of my scars and imperfections. Unfortunately, Almay had to jump on the cyclopentasiloxane wagon and add it to their "new" formulation in the pump. From everything I've read, cyclopentasiloxane is one of the worst silicones for acne-prone skin. I did buy a new bottle to test the theory and it does seem to be breaking me out. Granted, I'm pretty much always broken out due to hormonal issues but when I wear this makeup I get a different kind of acne that goes away once I stop using it. I am really disappointed that Almay changed the formula on this. However, if you don't have issues with cyclops you should definitely give it a try for a more natural looking alternative to Colorstay.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by nathalierae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When I first began wearing makeup at age fourteen this product was my go to foundation. I really don't know why I ever stopped using it, but I did. For almost three years I used revlon colors stay. My skin recently began to really hate the color stay and I began breaking out worse than ever. So after going on an endless quest to find the right foundation, I came across the newest version of this almay foundation. This stuff is amazing. Not only does it cover almost any and every imperfection better than the color stay, it doesn't feel nearly as thick and cakey. It's breathable, the packaging is practical, AND it doesn't aggravate my skin. Girls, if you are looking for a natural looking matte foundation that has great buildable coverage to hide and heal breakouts, look no further. This foundation is everything I could ever ask for at an affordable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Yzyz

I can see why some ppl hate this product and others adore it. It all depends on ur skin type and how bad ur blemishes are. I have fair skin with pretty darn harcore red acne scarring all over. Though, i dont have much active pimples, blackheads or even cystic acne. My scarring is generally discolouration rather than ice pick or deep ones. My skin type is normal, though very thin and sensitive and i get oily throughout the day. By oily, its not like u can fry an egg on it but just shine.

So the product. It has a light to medium coverage that will tone down my scar though not masking it with color or powder like most foundations do. It is like a higher coverage tinted moisturizer, if that makes sense. Thats what i like abt it and why giving it 4 star although some of its flaws. I also like how the salycilic acid doesnt over dry ur skin, unless ur skin is dry, but gradually deflame and peel off and heal active pimples. Feels light on face.
Buff fits my nc15-20 yellow undertone skin great!

Now its flaws. Its coverage is definitely a downside since most use it to cover acne. It is nowhere near full coverage. Though it looks extremely natural. Ideal for ppl seeking this look but not so much for others. Id recommend using it as a primer under full coverage foundation since it heals and is very light.

This is rly the only one flaw for me. But hey, what can u ask more for a non comedogenic foundation that heals acne and feels soo natural? I can see myself loving this foundation when my scars would fade away a bit more. Its almost winter here and this foundation doesnt flake or dry at all for my skin type.

Overall, if u have mild acne and have slightly or very oily skin, ull love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by adrianna114

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a review on the old container, not the new pump container which I haven't tried yet. I have genetic acne and I don't expect makeup to actually help clear my acne, but this one didn't break me out further which was good. It also did pretty well with my oily skin. It has medium coverage without looking cakey. I have issues with foundation looking cakey on me and I'm able to put this on and it looks fine. It doesn't sink into my big pores either. So far this has been the best foundation I've been able to find for acne-prone skin that suits all my skin's needs. The only thing I noticed was that it maybe doesn't blend as well as other makeups. If you get a color that's a bit dark or light you might have trouble because it doesn't just mesh into the color of your skin like other foundations seem to. I would want to make sure not to miss any spots, and blend it carefully.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by cvz3

Almay Clear Complesion Blemish Healing Liquid Foundation works like magic for those with acne-prone, oily, and/or combination skin types! This foundation feels light on your skin, it is ODOR-FREE, eliminates acne over time, gives more for your buck, and NO TOUCH UP NEEDED! I do suggest wearing a moisturizer and/or primer before applying the foundation because it may dry your skin. Do get a shade or 2 lighter than your skin because it does come out dark and a little-bit orange if you do match it with your skin. Other than that, I do recommend this product and will most likely purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by abogdanovic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have super sensitive skin, every foundation breaks me out, however this didn't.
*The salicylic acid in this is minimal to provide any blemish healing, so none of that going on.

*The foundation is a bit think, you have to work quickly to blend it in.

Dries to a matt finish, tends to control my T-zone all day.

Overall a good drugstore foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by indemake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have super oily skin. Granted, no foundation has ever worked perfectly for me, but I have tried better ones. Forget using if you have super oily skin, does nothing. In fact, seems to make it worse. I also have sensitive skin, and the foundation, seemed to make it feel worse. Made me break out after using for more than a few days.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by kcd27

If you apply this product on a bare face, it does not blend in well and its hard to rub in and it looks too strong of a makeup (not natural). However, if you apply this over moisturizer, IT IS AMAZING!!! The results are an extremely natural and dewy complexion. I have been searching for years for a foundation that looks natural so that noone can tell that im wearing makeup...I finally found this!! The naked 300 color matches my skin tone PERFECTLY!! And although it doesnt clear breakouts (it's not supposed to, its just supposed to prevent breakouts), it does a really good job at preventing breakouts, I havn't gotten any acne from this and I have VERY acne prone skin. All in all, I love this product its my HG foundation because: It looks and feels natural, matches my skin tone, and doesnt make me break out....this is the best

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by abeautyrioter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I have combination skin. I have a very oily t-zone, and normal cheeks. I have a hard time with foundations irritating my skin or feeling heavy. I've had a nasty breakout on my cheeks for almost a year already from using Revlon Colorstay :[ It's scarred, so I've slowly been trying to fade it. This foundation is perfect, and exactly what I'm looking for. I have shade 300 Naked, and it blends in great and looks fresh all day. I use a highlighting brush to blend it into my skin, and I set it with the matching pressed powder in Light. This lasts me for about four straight hours without any touch-ups, that's great for me versus other drugstore foundations that seem to melt as soon as I put them on. This is a good all-season makeup. I do have some problems with it clumping up in my dry skin areas, but that's nothing a weekly scrub can't fix. Love the pump, so much more sanitary! It blends smoothly, blurs my blemishes, and doesn't break me out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Misia2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product!!! I have acne and it was so hard for me to cover it. But then one day my mom bought this for me and I tried it out and i was surprised! It matched my skin color but also covered the acne!I swear it helped with my acne! I've been using it for a month and I either get a small zit or have none. I still have acne scars but their going down! Thank God!:)